View Single Post
Old 20 April 2024, 06:07 PM   #85
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
I wasn’t interested in the Explorers i (rarely) saw or (barely) noticed from 2015 to 2022, focussing my growing Rolex obsession on GMTs and Explorer IIs instead, but having sold both a BLNR and a black 16570 i went to my AD and he brought out my three options to realistically get on the dreaded list for, a black OP, a black DJ, and the newly out 124270. There was no contest and it’s the first time i’d ever actually put an Explorer on the wrist. Something clicked, it was like all my Rolex roads had actually led to simultaneously the most understated but at the same time quintessentially rolex ROLEX i’d ever seen. As if it ticked all the boxes because it always had design wise, with so little need to change. It took 4 months to arrive and i absolutely love the plain, shiny, classic little thing. It hasn’t turned me into Gollum like the BLNR did, i go a fair amount of time not really thinking about it or babying it, and don’t feel anxious about it on wrist as i did the bigger and somewhat showier Rolexes i owned, then out of the blue i’ll catch it in certain lights and be wowed all over again. What a watch.

Yep. It clicks like a sudden Spring love.

bibbi
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote