View Single Post
Old 30 January 2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
I have two Perrelet watches.

IMO they are extremely well made. Most of their movements are ETA based However they are all now built in-house. Perrelet is owned by Manuel Rodriguez of the Festina group.
They also own L Leroy and Soprod
Soprod are very well established movement modifier , maker, and maker of modules.
In the Perrelet Rattrapante they have a very well, in-house built, 7750. Beautifully Finished , with Soprod's own Ratrapante module.
Soprod have done a lot of work for many high end makers. Notably they build one of Richard Mille's movements , for their ladies watch. A higher recommendation would be hard to find.

Yes they have a marketing policy which is almost diametrically opposite to Rolex.They set very high, almost never achieved MRSP. The watches can be bought with relative ease at 50 to 60 % of those prices . Even better discounts can be had for older run out models.

I think if purchased at the best available discounts, reasonable residual values can probably be achieved down the line.
They are after all great watches.

The Turbine is without doubt a gimick. By definition it is such, as the dial side rotor is not required and serves no realistic function. But hey, neither does a tourbillon in a wrist watch. Nonetheless it is a fine watch and well made. If it floats your boat , buy it. But try to pay around $3000 for a newer 50mm model .

Here are the two I have.

I also bough this recently for my daughters birthday;