View Single Post
Old 3 May 2010, 09:09 AM   #10
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Chris,
I have to respectfully disagree about the classic oyster bracelet. I find it comfortable, infallible, and time tested. It's understandable for many to demand a milled clasp and solid center links at this price point, however the classic oyster has a proven track record and many fans.
But, different strokes, as they say.
Thanks for the review, I enjoyed it.
dP
I'm certainly not denying the fact the classic Oyster sports bracelet has stood the test of time - I'd wager that it's part of the base upon which Rolex built it's reputation, and I can certainly see why people admire and respect it. However, it's just not for me - I'm a big advocate of the new clasps and solid centre links, and only being properly initiated into the brand a couple of years ago, the newer models have set my baseline of expectations for Rolexes. For me, the difference between the new and old is really apparent, and I think the fact the newer bracelets feel so good has helped to harden my opinion against the older style ones.

I really do appreciate your input, reasoned discussion like this is what TRF is all about - thanks for taking the time to read my review and responding
The GMT Master is offline   Reply With Quote