Thread: Milgauss Love!
View Single Post
Old 29 October 2009, 06:02 PM   #46
DanP
Banned

Watch: GV-U-Kno-Me :)
Also another point of interest in this watch is the "Faraday" (did I spell that right?) Cage in witch is constructed into the watch's case back. I have a Question about the composition of the case. is it 904L like the rest, or is there other ferromagnetic alloys in the caseback? Also A point of intrest was in a Watchtime letter to the ED a few issues ago(the one with the Patek Officers watch cover) talking about the current needs of people working in these VERY strong magnetic fields, being that a Milgauss was not nearly enough to keep up with this writer's need for antimagnetism. Claiming that they needed much much higher resistance to a magnetic field. This writer to the mag said they work in building electromagnets for such needs as Mri's & soforth. This is very interesting to me, as should be to you "gauss" enthusiasts for sure. I know BALL has similar watches with these ratings, and The very essence of the question was raised in my head. Just what makes a watch antimagnetic? Materials? case? movment upgrades?Movement progressions? I know that lil blue Parachrom plays a part, but we need the whole story. The Writer also questioned why Rolex cannot make a higher antimagnetic rating for the Mgauss as he was exposed to fields much higher than the rating of the watch could handle. Opinions? Standpoints? Would the Writer in question be affected by these fields with a gauss straped on? Just like you could most likely take a submariner below the 300m rating im very sure of that, or a GMT or any other oyster for sure. Can The Milgauss stand up to higher fields than rated? I for one will go into the school of thought of saying "yes" mostly being of all the antimagnetic threads and comment's about the antimagnetic properties and whatnot I have read from here about other rolexes that can withstand a magnetic field. Boy am I confused, I would love an expert to weigh in on this conundrum in my head that I share with you Fine Folks. Wis's Represent!!!!
Whew thats a mouthfull
Homework is due tomorrow at 3rd period

Got your brain going now dont I?

Dan
DanP is offline   Reply With Quote