View Single Post
Old 8 November 2011, 08:24 PM   #4
George Ab
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Them
In the P serial number range they sent to the solid end link (SEL) bracelet. I prefer the SEL. If you like lug holes, they went thru the mid Y series. After that SEL and no lug hole case. So for a lug hole fan and SEL you are restricted to late P, K to early Y. I actually prefer the no lug hole case.... I could go either way, but the nod goes to no lug holes.

The difference between the 3185 and 3186 is in the noise. The 3186 has a parachrom hairspring that is supposed to have better antimagnetic properties and reduced mass which theoretically should enhance efficiency. The jump hour hand is geared differently on the 3186 so it is a tad more exacting when you change the jump hour for the second time zone. The 3186 came in during the late Z series. Also introduced in late Z series is the ROLEXROLEX on the case next to the dial.

For a price to quality.....usually newer is better...... usually. The prices are lower on the Y, F, and D series... yet they are fairly new. So the price to quality slope drops fairly rapidly and then levels out.

George Ab is offline   Reply With Quote