View Single Post
Old 10 April 2008, 08:58 AM   #6
sleedawg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle-gee View Post
Rolex 5th year maintenance service:

Prices seem to vary a lot. (380$ to 750$)

A) How much should I pay for that?

B) What do they do to the watch exactly? (Do they really totally tear it down?/Do they polish each link of the bracelet?)

C) Will my watch look exactly as it looked when I originally bought it?

D) Can someone post before/after pictures?

Thanks.
Uncle-gee,

1) The base price for service varies by watch model/movement. If you have a zenith movement Daytona, then you're more likely paying $750 due to the complication. Own a non-complicated watch such as an Oyster Perpetual w/o a date, Explorer I, or Sub no-date 14060m and the price is more like $450 (minimum at a RSC).

The next variance in price is due to what you need. If you need a new bezel, face, hands or any other parts... then the price goes up.

2) Yes, they tear down the watch, but do not take apart the bracelet. They do put it in an ultrasonic cleaner etc and do try to adjust the bracelet to make it as close to new.

3) It will look almost as good as new. Polishing does take away a bit of material away. But it's worth it when it shines like new. Of course, if you put a huge gouge in the case, they're not going to be able to polish that out.

4) There are some before and after shots of a Daytona recently on the board. Those came out pretty nice.

BIG NOTE. If you use anyone other than the Rolex Service Center (such as an independent watchmaker or an Rolex AD)... make 100% sure they're qualified. Getting bad service is ultimately more expensive than paying for good service up front.
sleedawg is offline   Reply With Quote