View Single Post
Old 29 March 2024, 01:00 PM   #6
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammintone View Post
I’m probably more on the side of the anti polish brigade’s side. Although my AD offers a free yearly spiffing up of watches and bracelets I’ve not taken advantage of that service for my Sub. I have let them practice on my Omega a time or three and found them to be extremely careful and good about not overdoing anything and in fact, they were excellent at restoring a factory like finish each time. However, reading through many watch forums and seeing pictures of Bubba-buffed carnage done to some fine timepieces has made me weary about having that done to my timepieces. So, now that my AD is now a RSC still using the Rolex factory trained watchmaker who’s looked after my other watches I let them do their thing on the Sub without worry. I did keep the original aluminum bezel which has some slight but honest wear. Could have changed it but wasn’t really necessary. Likewise there’s the slightest feint scratch on the crystal Id never saw, could have replaced that but they didn’t insist it was necessary either so, it stayed.

It’s been a heck of a nice watch and tough as nails and reliable to a fault.
Your AD is the same is mine, they just for 216570 for me and I was very pleased. Initially I declined the polish but they called me twice and I finally gave in.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote