View Single Post
Old 21 April 2024, 01:24 AM   #73
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malum View Post
It seems the largest percentage of people commenting in this thread are talking motorcycles. I too have come to a fork in the road concerning motorcycling . After riding for 50 years I sold my gsx-r 750 and R1 last year and now after not riding for months feel I have reached the end . I truly feel as thought I have lost a large part of my identity, from racing years ago to trackdays to Sunday morning mountain runs I have gone cold turkey . To be honest with myself I believe it’s the end of that part of my life . I still bicycle , hike and walk everyday and it will have to fill the void .
I agree. I made it to 72 but with the change of location it was too risky. The day I took it to the consignment motorcycle store, I got run off the road by a guy coming off the freeway and jumped into my lane because the guy in front of him was going the speed limit. I didn't dump it but was on the grass.

It was tough to let it go because of all the great times in wine country riding the backroads. There is no feeling like motorcycle riding, and no substitute. Visually, they're also a work of art, much like watches.

I guess you just have to appreciate the great times you had and move on, but I still "pine for the fjords" at times.