View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 06:52 AM   #97
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modiferous View Post
As far as using pictures of rappers in his fake IDs, he did not do that for me or for the Patek he stole from the other RolexForums victim Metalmonster.

However, up until this point neither of the detectives I have been working with not in Northern Cal or Southern Cal noticed that the pics were of rappers, nor did I.

Maybe he puts the rapper pics on there because he is lazy and can't come up with anything better, maybe because he wants to weed out the ones who would notice that the pics are rappers! who knows?

I do note that he has managed to meet and steal from even established watch dealers with online websites so he is definitely pretty good at talking the talk.

He isn't as smart or organized as all that, would be victims who have communicated with him for longer than a week, have noticed that he suddenly changed his phone number (probably to try to stay one step ahead of "them") and has even forgotten what name he was using and started using a different name. This implies that he is working multiple prospects simultaneously. I think he has the greatest success with potential sellers who agree to meet him and do meet him quickly. In my case we went from contact on a Friday, conversations over a weekend, to meeting and getting robbed on a Tuesday.

Part of why he got me is that I had had a couple of prior recent sales where I had met the buyers in person and all had gone perfectly. This lulled me into assuming that this buyer, too, was okay. Also when I came to the store I arrived before he did, and I had the bag with the watch on the counter, not in my hands. Once I saw him, I started having doubts about whether I would even hand him the watch, he didn't look right to me. He sensed that, and during a moment when I was using my phone to call a different appraiser (the store we arrived in the appraiser was out on a family emergency), he leapt past me, grabbed the bag and ran.

And even then he wasn't a big guy at all, and I chased him and actually got hold of him (he punched my arm off his shoulder), but I still could have tackled him, but some guy that I believe was a spotter came out of nowhere and was trying to slow me down, and finally, I didn't know who else was around who might have swung a pipe across the back of my head while I was on top of the robber, so I slowed down a tad, and let him go. In that instant I decided that risking my safety or life wasn't worth the watch.
You did the right thing in pulling away, he most certainly had contingency back up if he was to be caught and it would not have been pretty for you, these are probably professional criminals spending as much time in jail as not.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote