View Single Post
Old 23 April 2009, 09:33 AM   #3
rdrzman
"TRF" Member

Knowing John R. Diethelm well and having communicated with him many times, I can say he is verry knolageable in most cases. But I also know he has been wrong many times in the past (sorry John please do not hate me my friend) mostly due to the bad record keeping by Omega prior to being sold to the Swatch group and the fact that they have not made an in-house case of movement after the 80's.

The statement that Omega did not make a 321 movement after 1960 is not correct at all, and in fact they assembled them from existing repair parts right up to mid 1968.

That said, Omega did purchase and produce movements in batches especially chronometer grades. The serial numbers will not indicate a actual date of production but will get you close + or- a year.

Most of the 432 movements were supplied pre assembled including the stem but not the dial. Omega simply added the dail and hands and installed the movement into the case.

Omega never sold a replacement serial numbered bridge for repair, if needed they would supply a complete movement but this was done VERY RARELY.
Farel
rdrzman is offline   Reply With Quote