View Single Post
Old 1 March 2011, 06:33 PM   #1
valentine
Banned

Watch: TT Diamond DJ
FS 1960 1016 explorer JAMES BOND/IAN FLEMING!

I am listing for sale my EXTREMELY RARE and HISTORICALLY SIGNIFICANT
ROLEX 1016 explorer! OWN A PIECE OF JAMES BOND/ROLEX HISTORY!!
details:
Rolex
model 1016 explorer
S/N: 5k
caseback marked IV.60 (fourth quarter of 1960)
dial : original radium dial!!!! glossy gilt minute track!
case: ORIGINAL case in excellent condition! no polish!!!!!!
hands: Original gilt hands! amazing condition!
crystal : ORIGINAL crystal!!! amazing condition
bracelet : Rolex USA jubilee bracelet folded link
keeping time SPOT ON!
here is the FUN STUFF:
james bond creator Ian fleming wore a 1016 explorer while creating the character we all love! and Dell Deaton tracked down this info and has done amazing research and the actual fleming watch is in his exhibit at the NAWCC museum! where does my watch fall!?
251 cases away from fleming's own personal 1016!!!
here is an excerpt from the article Mr deaton wrote on his website Jamesbondwatchesblog.com

"But I must confess that the horological highlight for me was when Justin Valentine introduced himself. His own delightful Bond-girl had accompanied him. Many of you know Justin, as I do, from Rolex Forums— and the Rolex 1016 Explorer wristwatch that he proudly counts among the treasures of his growing collection. Mr Valentine is a custom tattoo artist by trade, working in Baltimore.

Being a special occasion there at the “Bond Enthusiasts Weekend,” he wore that Rolex 1016 Explorer.

Dated to the fourth quarter of 1960 and showing serial number 596600, he regularly refers to the February 2009 WatchTime article where I reveal the story of having discovered the original, literary James Bond watch, and provide specifics on the personal Rolex 1016 owned and worn by 007-creator Ian Fleming. With its original dial both intact and in fantastic condition, the Valentine watch is both virtually identical to the Fleming-Bond watch, and evidence case numbers that put the two watches within hours of each other in original production."

here is the link as well to the article!
http://jamesbondwatchesblog.com/2010...ght/#more-1199

I am asking $19,500.00 USD/OBO shipped and insured anywhere in the cont. US.
bank wire or certified funds ONLY. NO PAYPAL. ONLY trade considered would be an even trade for full gold GMTc.
feel free to contact me anytime
443 433 2488
Purestar07@aol.com

here are the pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016.jpg (42.7 KB, 2003 views)
File Type: jpg 10162.jpg (53.4 KB, 1971 views)
File Type: jpg 10163.jpg (47.8 KB, 1971 views)
valentine is offline   Reply With Quote