View Single Post
Old 29 October 2009, 05:00 AM   #21
Ck8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well my advice is leave it well alone and it take a few seconds to hack movement to correct this very very very tiny deviation.And if you do get it regulated it dont necessarily mean it will perform same on your wrist as on the timing machine.And just cannot understand that by just +4 seconds you think its like wearing a fake watch.Its quite simple no mechanical watch any brand, any price, will keep 100% perfect time.If you have one, its one in a million,and yes with very very careful regulation today. Its possible to even get some very humble movements like a seagull ST19 a $60 movement to run well inside the COSC spec.As I have done for a experiment but on someone else's wrist might be totally different its because its mechanical.So when you look or tell the time you quote the seconds as well.If you want that sort of 100% precision I would go the quartz route or radio controlled
Don't get me wrong I am not saying wearing a Rolex that is not keeping to correct time is like wearing a fake. What I am saying is if I am wearing a fake then I know it is a fake. So if my watch is +4 secs then I know it is 4 secs fast a day and in a month I would be 2 minutes out and I need to adjust the time. Yes, what you and everyone here are saying 4 secs is within tolerance, but then I have had four Rolexes that run spot on daily. So it is possible to get more accurate than the 4 secs. But like I said I do not mind if one if it gains or losses but as long as through a month it is not minutes out. What I cannot stand is either it is constantly gains or losses daily.
Ck8 is offline   Reply With Quote