View Single Post
Old 26 January 2011, 02:32 PM   #5
WatchTimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Ball and Luminox also have been using Tritium on watches for sometime.
Doxa just released one model with Tritium, Tritium will burn at its full brightness for 12.5 years and then will die over the next 12.5 years. The tubes can be replaced.

Tritium tubes could be in a pitch black room glowing strong for YEARS! No charge needed etc.

I have a couple watches with T tubes which I use for camping, hunting (always have one in the suitcase when traveling) as you can instantly tell the time when waking in middle of the night in a pitch black room and I can't say the same for my Rolex watches. Don't even have to fumble for a button to activate the light like on a digital.

I mainly wear my Ball Nighttrain for those occasions as its a 3 color dial, a bit sporty and only a 42 mm case. Id REALLY like to find a nice 40 mm quality auto with T tubes, no date (gmt hand would be nice but not needed) and a screw down crown so I can wear it when showering etc as I dont like to take off my watch when camping or hunting.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote