View Single Post
Old 11 January 2017, 02:56 PM   #32
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
Nothing will last forever but if I were to grab one watch for heading out to the hills or for rough activity, I grab the G-Shock.

I have to be honest, I have the G-Shock Riseman. It has all the bells and whistles that I could ever want when I'm skiing but I've never used them once. It's a pain in the ass to maneuver through the menu.

I bought it because (a) the G-Shock is universally known to be one of the toughest watches and (b) I liked the way it looked.

I've had this model for 7 years and it looks brand new and has never needed a battery or failed to charge.
They are really good watches for this type of stuff. No argument there. They weren't for me when I looked, but I think they are a good all purpose field watch.

The context of Paul's thread assumes that high tech options will lose value over time due to an apocalypse, which tend to shift technology back towards the bronze age, or at least the wild west. Given the low tech is better constraint, I think mechanical watches have a greater utility in the apocalypse, assuming you intend to live through it.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote