View Single Post
Old 4 December 2011, 07:58 AM   #12
LordNinja
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610,116233,OsQz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironstark View Post
Why buy it in the first place if you think it is a relic of outdated technology? You have not had it serviced/maintained over the years and you are surprised or disappointed it did not perform to your expectations!?!?!
If you had issues with it from the start then you should have had it looked into while it was under guarantee. Rolex would have corrected it free of charge in the first two years assuming it had not been damaged or mistreated etc....Not having it serviced because you thought it would cause more problems than it would fix???? If that is based on your own experiences then yes you have had bad experiences of bad watchmakers!! Having it regularly serviced seemed to expensive??
Do you own a car? Do you get that regularly serviced? As per the manufacturer's recommendations? Or would you run that into the ground too?
A car does on average 10/12,000 miles a year, I wonder what that equates to in driving per day? An hour maybe two for an average motorist. Your 3035 has been running for 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the last 24 years (or a little less if you let it run down from time to time) It is recommended that it should be serviced every 5 years or so. Not every year as with a car. You are wondering whether its worth repairing? If not buy a digital watch!
The 3035 is a very accurate and reliable movement for the most part. They were the backbone of the Rolex range for a long time till the 3135 took over in 1988. If it had been routinely serviced then you would have had good use out of it for decades to come, it is probable that now you may find it an uneconomocal repair but you could be surprised. If you do decide to scrap it I'm sure you'll find a buyer eager to rescue it from the scrap heap!!! Let me know I might take it off your hands. I'll even throw in a digital watch!!!!
Speechless, dumbfounded, annoyed etc.....
I can feel the passion.
LordNinja is offline   Reply With Quote