View Single Post
Old 24 July 2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Aftermarket Bracelet.. UNSPEAKABLE ?..or Not.. A TRF Proposition..

As many have found out, a 14060M, or early GMT, etc, with the 93150 bracelet and 501 end-links leaves you holding the bag as far as SEL's, etc.. There are also many with early watches who don't feel the 1,000 dollar price tag for a replacement..and still get hollow links, is worth the money..

There are aftermarket bracelets available with SEL, but they don"t fit...without some modifications..

We're not talking counterfeit, or replica; we're talking about a quality 316L stainless steel bracelet with solid end-links and solid center links..

I have run across one:
Here it is in my shop.... this is the machine shop, and not at my watch hobby bench..

THE PROPOSITION:

If there is enough interest to see the process, I will modify an SEL to fit a non-SEL watch. I will try to use common tools that many may have such as a Dremel, etc so any DIYer can attempt it..

I'll run a series over the next few weeks detailing the steps you would take, probably in more detail than really needed, if you ever want to undertake such a project...

or I'll screw it up beyond belief..

If there's not really any interest, then, of course, I save myself some work and photo pixels...

So, ........

................. What do you think TRF.....