The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 May 2024, 08:20 PM   #181
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Only have one it was bought as a present off my sons, had it for around two years, never been anal about the exact second. But did do a check several weeks ago was running inside COSC spec that's accurate enough for me. My life was never ran to the exact second, the most important thing for me at the moment, is that every day I beat my own record for the numbers of days I stayed alive.
Arguably, there are far more important things going on than arguing over peoples issues with their watches. You are lucky enough not to have run into any issues, plenty of others haven't been.

I wish you all the best with your battle, and hope you come out victorious
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 09:15 PM   #182
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcinitijp View Post
Yes, of course! That's why Rolex is so reliable... and it's not the first time that a Rolex movement delays, advances or has problems... remember that before the warranty was 2 years .... now it's 5... that tells you that they expect the movement to present some mismatch ......

In addition, the reliability is given by the support that the brand puts in the face of any event, not if the watch delays or advances 1 second more than in the controlled laboratory tests they have done!
I am concerned about the long term reliability of my own watch and not about the reliability of the Rolex watches in general
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 10:16 PM   #183
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Arguably, there are far more important things going on than arguing over peoples issues with their watches. You are lucky enough not to have run into any issues, plenty of others haven't been.

I wish you all the best with your battle, and hope you come out victorious
And millions now sold with the 32 series movement are mostly all happy, life too short to worry and fret about whether a movement might of might not slow down seconds out of spec over a period of ownership. I remember a few years ago when I bought my new car salesman made a big deal that I would get 45 miles to the gallon. Have I ever achieved this no, why to many variations like how heavy foot on the gas pedal driving habits, traffic etc, did I take the car back no.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 10:53 PM   #184
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 14060M/214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by belutak View Post
I am concerned about the long term reliability of my own watch and not about the reliability of the Rolex watches in general
You could sell it and look for a watch that meets your expectations! Go back to an older Rolex movement or maybe venture into some other model.

But you're probably going to have the same problems...

As they said in the previous post... the best example is the car...
«Watches? In those of the ancient world, when they were sunny, there was a phrase inscribed: Omnia vulnerant, ultima necat all the hours hurt, the last kills. That certainty is, ultimately, the secret mechanism that moves the hands of the clock.
forcinitijp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 12:30 AM   #185
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
The linked graph should be a sticky. Perfect visual. Thanks.
For Your Eyes Only

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 04:01 AM   #186
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
It had been a really good thread.

If I’m understanding where we now are my 3135 is highly precise losing around 3 seconds per day every day. Never 1 second. Never 4 seconds. Always around 3. This is extremely repeatable.

It’s quite accurate, seemingly beating 28799 times per hour instead of the desired 28800.

Hope I’ve got this right….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 04:48 AM   #187
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

From my understanding from OP, his watch is *not* precise +/- 2 seconds, as he is losing more and more time on his submariner.

I think it's OK to send in.

I don't think it would bother me, personally, but I don't hold it against OP to get it fixed.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 03:44 PM   #188
saxo3
"TRF" Member

New Sub 126040 - 3230 losing time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingdoctor View Post
From my understanding from OP, his watch is *not* precise +/- 2 seconds, as he is losing more and more time on his submariner.
I understand what you mean.

OP measured accuracy, not precision, read posts 154 and 185.

OP's watch did not lose 3.5 s/d but 3.5 s overnight, in dial up position, after full winding before, see his post 35.

With a resting time of assumed 12 hours this would mean a rate of -7 s/d in dial up position!

A shorter rest period (e.g. 8 h) leads to an even worse rate of -10.5 s/d.
Old 16 May 2024, 03:54 PM   #189
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_K View Post
Not this american. You have a very good point in your posts.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:21 PM   #190
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcinitijp View Post
You could sell it and look for a watch that meets your expectations! Go back to an older Rolex movement or maybe venture into some other model.

But you're probably going to have the same problems...

As they said in the previous post... the best example is the car...

Using a car’s fuel consumption is no where near the best example/analogy.

For one, your Rolex movement in normal use “beats” at a constant 28,800 with a constant torque demand.

You as the “operator” cannot change that in daily use other than by allowing the power reserve to deplete beyond operating parameters.

The torque demand on an internal combustion engine however will vary significantly depending on load, gear selection, number of passengers, driving habits, amount of fuel on board, how fast you drive, etc etc

All of which the operator has direct influence and control over.

Many other factors also influence fuel consumption such as braking (energy converted to heat) weather conditions and so forth.

It is absolutely possible to get pretty close to manufacturers quoted figures and indeed to better them with the right driving approach.

But to say that driving a car the way you choose to do so and not getting claimed fuel economy figures is the same as expecting your watch to perform as advertised is, frankly, ridiculous.

Old 16 May 2024, 08:34 PM   #191
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Using a car’s fuel consumption is no where near the best example/analogy.

For one, your Rolex movement in normal use “beats” at a constant 28,800 with a constant torque demand.

You as the “operator” cannot change that in daily use other than by allowing the power reserve to deplete beyond operating parameters.

The torque demand on an internal combustion engine however will vary significantly depending on load, gear selection, number of passengers, driving habits, amount of fuel on board, how fast you drive, etc etc

All of which the operator has direct influence and control over.

Many other factors also influence fuel consumption such as braking (energy converted to heat) weather conditions and so forth.

It is absolutely possible to get pretty close to manufacturers quoted figures and indeed to better them with the right driving approach.

But to say that driving a car the way you choose to do so and not getting claimed fuel economy figures is the same as expecting your watch to perform as advertised is, frankly, ridiculous.

Agreed. Fuel economy is somewhat of a default analogy around here and I don’t think it really fits well.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:37 PM   #192
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well tell you what it was originally about, the OP was worried that his watch was running 2.5 to 3 seconds slow a day. Then the 32 movement haters stepped in, and at every opportunity to say how bad this movement was, if it did not run exactly daily to Rolex stated precision -2+2 seconds spec.

Peter.

Please, there’s not a single hate of the 32xx movements post on this entire thread. There was no stepping in by the haters.

Just because someone doesn’t agree with what you consider is acceptable performance isn’t hate for the 32xx.

By all means take the view that it all amounts to nothing but please don’t disrespect those who hold an opposing view.

Old 16 May 2024, 08:38 PM   #193
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Agreed. Fuel economy is somewhat of a default analogy around here and I don’t think it really fits well.

Actual vs quoted power output would be closer - still not great but more realistic i feel

Old 16 May 2024, 09:09 PM   #194
forcinitijp
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 14060M/214270
Hahaha you were studying!! Very good... I wanted to get the best out of you!
«Watches? In those of the ancient world, when they were sunny, there was a phrase inscribed: Omnia vulnerant, ultima necat all the hours hurt, the last kills. That certainty is, ultimately, the secret mechanism that moves the hands of the clock.
forcinitijp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2024, 12:13 AM   #195
saxo3
"TRF" Member

New Sub 126040 - 3230 losing time

Quote:
Peter.

Please, there’s not a single hate of the 32xx movements post on this entire thread. There was no stepping in by the haters.

Just because someone doesn’t agree with what you consider is acceptable performance isn’t hate for the 32xx.

By all means take the view that it all amounts to nothing but please don’t disrespect those who hold an opposing view.
Well said.

Hate? No! This is more fake news and nonsense as some people just can't handle 32xx facts, measured data, timegrapher, apps, tools, logical reasoning, ... as you (and others) have patiently explained in this thread, and elsewhere. It comes across as constant mockery of other forum members, but basically are desperate attempts to sink any discussion of the 32xx issues that are well documented, since several years, also on this forum, with a lot of factual input of Rolex watchmakers like Bas and a few others.
Old 17 May 2024, 06:46 AM   #196
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Peter.

This is quite something coming from the fella who called roddypeepa’s views “wrong and irrelevant.”
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2024, 07:17 PM   #197
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
This is quite something coming from the fella who called roddypeepa’s views “wrong and irrelevant.”

If you can’t see the difference between disputing a point based on and supported by factual evidence and someone who continually dismisses the views of others as stupid just because he doesn’t get it, then that’s really on you.

Old 17 May 2024, 07:22 PM   #198
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Any way ….. did the OP decide to have his watch serviced because it’s out of spec?

Too lazy to scroll back through the thread to find out
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2024, 11:32 PM   #199
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
If you can’t see the difference between disputing a point based on and supported by factual evidence and someone who continually dismisses the views of others as stupid just because he doesn’t get it, then that’s really on you.

I just follow the words man, they tell the story.

Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote