The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 May 2024, 12:02 AM   #541
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGY View Post
Love the cal 201. Even better than the already attractive cal 200.

Does anyone else here agree with my opinion that the Streamliner and Pioneers would look better with the simple and elegant "H Moser et Cie" script in a contrasting colour rather than clear lacquer? (I'm not asking for five lines of Superlative Chronometer waffle like on many Rolexes). I understand the CEOs opinion that the quality of the watch speaks for itself, but the script seems to add charm to an otherwise quite clinical dial, all the fume and sunburst effects notwithstanding. I just think it would be better to offer choices both with clear and contrasting options to appeal to more collectors. And it would make it look a bit less mall watch. (I appreciate that some Moser owners will be unhappy about that phrase, and I know the watches are anything but mall watches once you look more closely at them.)
Yes, agree, although I think it depends a bit on the dial—wanting the script. I know you’re talking streamliner and pioneer, but I got an endeavor with the script because I liked that better than some of the concept ones. But the blue lagoon one I think looks better as pure concept.

Overall, I agree the blue streamliner chronograph and green looked better to me with script in white. Of course, all the enamel dials look better without script to me—if that’s even possible to put script on it.
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2024, 06:01 AM   #542
PinKchampagnE
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Does anyone else here agree with my opinion that the Streamliner and Pioneers would look better with the simple and elegant "H Moser et Cie" script in a contrasting colour rather than clear lacquer? (I'm not asking for five lines of Superlative Chronometer waffle like on many Rolexes). I understand the CEOs opinion that the quality of the watch speaks for itself, but the script seems to add charm to an otherwise quite clinical dial, all the fume and sunburst effects notwithstanding. I just think it would be better to offer choices both with clear and contrasting options to appeal to more collectors. And it would make it look a bit less mall watch. (I appreciate that some Moser owners will be unhappy about that phrase, and I know the watches are anything but mall watches once you look more closely at them.)
Yes, I wish the branding was more visible. The dials are becoming way too simple for my taste, as I like details to look at. Sadly, that's the direction the brand is going to.
PinKchampagnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 03:54 AM   #543
Gavster
"TRF" Member

Has anyone got confirmation they are getting one of the new purple streamliners?
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 04:07 AM   #544
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
Has anyone got confirmation they are getting one of the new purple streamliners?
I just put down a deposit for one. Hopefully I’ll get it before the end of the year.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 04:14 AM   #545
Gavster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I just put down a deposit for one. Hopefully I’ll get it before the end of the year.
Thanks. Was that with an AD or direct with Moser?
Old 23 May 2024, 04:28 AM   #546
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks. Was that with an AD or direct with Moser?
Directly through Moser.

I reached out to an AD the day the watch was announced. I had no purchase history with them and the person I spoke with said it would be a hard watch to get and there were no guarantees but they would be in touch. I decided to contact Moser directly and they let me put a deposit down. No idea if I would’ve gotten it through the AD but I didn’t wanna risk missing out on this one.
Old 23 May 2024, 04:35 AM   #547
Gavster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Directly through Moser.

I reached out to an AD the day the watch was announced. I had no purchase history with them and the person I spoke with said it would be a hard watch to get and there were no guarantees but they would be in touch. I decided to contact Moser directly and they let me put a deposit down. No idea if I would’ve gotten it through the AD but I didn’t wanna risk missing out on this one.
Ah ok. I also contacted moser directly on the day of launch. They’ve just emailed me back to say “This will enable us to reach out to you soon to explore the feasibility of fulfilling your request.”

So I’m hoping I may also be able to order one from them.
Old 23 May 2024, 07:06 AM   #548
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ah ok. I also contacted moser directly on the day of launch. They’ve just emailed me back to say “This will enable us to reach out to you soon to explore the feasibility of fulfilling your request.”

So I’m hoping I may also be able to order one from them.
I don’t know if it helped but I visited the NYC Moserland location a few months prior. Honestly I’m surprised I was able to secure one solely because it’s my first watch from them.

I haven’t seen any info about this being a limited production model so I’m hopeful those that want one will be able to get it. If you don’t hear anything in a while I’d try to reach out again. It seems like the brand is receptive to those who are passionate about owning one of their timepieces.
Old 23 May 2024, 11:14 AM   #549
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

I do think that Moser is genuine about wanting their watches to be attainable for people who really enjoy them, even if it can’t be in the spot.

In my case the local-ish AD says it should be by the end of the summer for the purple. Incidentally I’m also on their list for the small seconds in 2024. Today they asked for a deposit on the purple so I gotta decide pretty quick if these 2 streamliners are too redundant to have both in my little watch collection.

I like them both naturally, have tried on the 40mm form factor in the guise of the rose gold, and seen the blue up close on someone’s wrist. So I know they’re both appealing, but I’d only want 2x if I felt confident I’d wear them both often (vs always reaching for 1 and not the other). So what say you watch addicted degenerates? Is 2 streamliners too many? Are my eyes bigger than my wrist? I’m strongly tempted …..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golden Palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 11:43 AM   #550
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Palomino View Post
I do think that Moser is genuine about wanting their watches to be attainable for people who really enjoy them, even if it can’t be in the spot.

In my case the local-ish AD says it should be by the end of the summer for the purple. Incidentally I’m also on their list for the small seconds in 2024. Today they asked for a deposit on the purple so I gotta decide pretty quick if these 2 streamliners are too redundant to have both in my little watch collection.

I like them both naturally, have tried on the 40mm form factor in the guise of the rose gold, and seen the blue up close on someone’s wrist. So I know they’re both appealing, but I’d only want 2x if I felt confident I’d wear them both often (vs always reaching for 1 and not the other). So what say you watch addicted degenerates? Is 2 streamliners too many? Are my eyes bigger than my wrist? I’m strongly tempted …..

The end of summer is a nice approximate delivery date for the Purple.

Those are two amazing options. I tried on the small seconds in person at the NYC Moserland. It felt fantastic on the wrist and is really just all kinds of awesome. As I’m sure is obvious the Purple is what I personally prefer but objectively I think the blue small seconds is the better watch. It has a more slender profile, a killer blue dial that is more versatile and I think the movement is more interesting.

I don’t know what your current collection is like. I think owning two streamliners isn’t a bad choice if it makes sense for you. I have no way of knowing what availability will look like down the line but I feel like both will be obtainable for a bit. This doesn't feel like a Salmon Dial situation as far as I can tell. But I could be wrong. Definitely a fun but tough decision on your end. Please let us know who you decide to do.
Old 23 May 2024, 11:59 AM   #551
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Those are two amazing options. I tried on the small seconds in person at the NYC Moserland. It felt fantastic on the wrist and is really just all kinds of awesome. As I’m sure is obvious the Purple is what I personally prefer but objectively I think the blue small seconds is the better watch. It has a more slender profile, a killer blue dial that is more versatile and I think the movement is more interesting.

I don’t know what your current collection is like. I think owning two streamliners isn’t a bad choice if it makes sense for you. I have no way of knowing what availability will look like down the line but I feel like both will be obtainable for a bit. This doesn't feel like a Salmon Dial situation as far as I can tell. But I could be wrong. Definitely a fun but tough decision on your end. Please let us know who you decide to do.
Did you ask how long of a wait it would be for the small seconds?
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 01:42 PM   #552
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I don’t reckon either is unobtainable down the road. They do seem sincere about making them available. Second hand likely as not at a discount who knows.

Present collection is a yg blue submariner, 5 digit gmt, dd40, and that govberg titanium 40mm pioneer. These 2 streamliners and perhaps an mb&f are perhaps the only watches I’d be interested in because I think on an individual basis I’d wear them all a lot. But if I had the blue and purple SL I wonder if I’d neglect one and if so I’d prefer to keep it lean

Old 23 May 2024, 01:43 PM   #553
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
Did you ask how long of a wait it would be for the small seconds?

For the small seconds just 2024 is all they said

Old 23 May 2024, 01:45 PM   #554
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Me too - deposit paid ETA November.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 01:54 PM   #555
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I don’t reckon either is unobtainable down the road. They do seem sincere about making them available. Second hand likely as not at a discount who knows.

Present collection is a yg blue submariner, 5 digit gmt, dd40, and that govberg titanium 40mm pioneer. These 2 streamliners and perhaps an mb&f are perhaps the only watches I’d be interested in because I think on an individual basis I’d wear them all a lot. But if I had the blue and purple SL I wonder if I’d neglect one and if so I’d prefer to keep it lean

Yea, I agree with your assessment about overall availability.

That’s a damn fine collection. All are great pieces to have.

As far as going for the two streamliners I feel like it would be inevitable you’d favor one over the other. It’s just a matter of is that a real issue for you. I go through phases where I don’t wear one or two of my watches for weeks if not months, then I’ll randomly decide to wear them way more often. But I don’t have a large collection and there’s very little overlap between my current watches. For me, as much as I love the streamliner design I’d stick with one and use the money for another type of watch. There’s always the possibility of getting another one down the line if you really want to.

Also you should definitely get an MB&F. I don’t own one but come on, those are amazing watches.
Old 23 May 2024, 01:55 PM   #556
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Congrats! Please post pics and your impressions of it when you get it.
Old 23 May 2024, 02:16 PM   #557
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yea, I agree with your assessment about overall availability.

That’s a damn fine collection. All are great pieces to have.

As far as going for the two streamliners I feel like it would be inevitable you’d favor one over the other. It’s just a matter of is that a real issue for you. I go through phases where I don’t wear one or two of my watches for weeks if not months, then I’ll randomly decide to wear them way more often. But I don’t have a large collection and there’s very little overlap between my current watches. For me, as much as I love the streamliner design I’d stick with one and use the money for another type of watch. There’s always the possibility of getting another one down the line if you really want to.

Also you should definitely get an MB&F. I don’t own one but come on, those are amazing watches.

To wit - use that money to just do the mb&f and keep things concise in a very nice universally wearable little collection

Old 23 May 2024, 02:18 PM   #558
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
To wit - use that money to just do the mb&f and keep things concise in a very nice universally wearable little collection

Well said lol.
Old 23 May 2024, 02:36 PM   #559
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I like the way they’re doing things, however I do see the appeal of having some script on some watches to offer to those people that enjoy that. I love my Pioneer Mega Cool with the clear lacquer. I also think some of their watches look great with the H. Moser & Cie in white while on others I like the clear lacquer. Some of their watches look great with a concept dial while others I like that have some indices.

usmc_k9_vet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2024, 11:06 PM   #560
scottwmitch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Good morning. If you don't mind me asking, what do they require as a deposit? I put my name down for the green streamliner and I hope to hear from them soon to put a deposit down. Much appreciated!
scottwmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 12:18 AM   #561
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwmitch View Post
Good morning. If you don't mind me asking, what do they require as a deposit? I put my name down for the green streamliner and I hope to hear from them soon to put a deposit down. Much appreciated!
I know you asked this to someone else but Moser required a 30% deposit for the Purple Haze which was $7,230.

Hope you’re able to get the Green. It’s a beautiful watch.
Old 24 May 2024, 12:26 AM   #562
scottwmitch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know you asked this to someone else but Moser required a 30% deposit for the Purple Haze which was $7,230.

Hope you’re able to get the Green. It’s a beautiful watch.
Awesome! Thank you so much! Can't wait to see pics of your Purple Haze!
Old 24 May 2024, 12:30 AM   #563
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Awesome! Thank you so much! Can't wait to see pics of your Purple Haze!
You’re very welcome! And thanks, I’ll definitely post pics when it arrives.
Old 24 May 2024, 06:21 PM   #564
Gavster
"TRF" Member

I’ve just had confirmation that I’m getting a Purple Haze. Very excited. My first Moser :)
Old 24 May 2024, 06:23 PM   #565
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

Congrats - fantastic watch and welcome to the team
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 10:38 PM   #566
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’ve just had confirmation that I’m getting a Purple Haze. Very excited. My first Moser :)
Congrats!
Old 25 May 2024, 12:09 AM   #567
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavster View Post
i’ve just had confirmation that i’m getting a purple haze. Very excited. My first moser :)

well-played.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 10:42 PM   #568
scottwmitch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats!! How long did it take Moser Concierge to get back to you between the first email (the one where they ask if you're really interested) and the second email (the one where they confirm allocation and take a deposit)? Thanks in advance!
Old 29 May 2024, 08:06 AM   #569
scottwmitch
"TRF" Member

Just put deposit down for the newer updated green moser streamliner!! Said I might have it within a month! Let’s go!

Old 29 May 2024, 08:09 AM   #570
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just put deposit down for the newer updated green moser streamliner!! Said I might have it within a month! Let’s go!

Congrats! And wow that’s fast. Definitely post pics.