The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 August 2013, 02:49 AM   #1
mdozier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600, 116660
COSC aren't they all?

Pardon the ignorance but I'm looking for a DSSD in the classifieds and some of the adds specifically say this is a COSC watch as though some of them are not? I was under the impression that they are all COSC certified.

Are some models subjected to some type of additional certification or are some models not COSC certified?

Sorry again for the stupid question but any assistance or education is appreciated.

Thanks,
matt
mdozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 03:02 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdozier View Post
Pardon the ignorance but I'm looking for a DSSD in the classifieds and some of the adds specifically say this is a COSC watch as though some of them are not? I was under the impression that they are all COSC certified.

Are some models subjected to some type of additional certification or are some models not COSC certified?

Sorry again for the stupid question but any assistance or education is appreciated.

Thanks,
matt
All the Rolex oyster line up are now COSC tested, today its nothing more than pure marketing, as many movements not tested could pass the test.The COSC test is only at the point of testing the bare uncased movement its does not guarantee it will perform to that standard for ever.And it its life will need service and regulation to keep it running to the now quite antiquated COCS test.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 03:09 AM   #3
ecsub44
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
All DSSDs have been COSC certified.

Commissioner of WEIRD POLICE , Badge # ecsub44
ecsub44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 03:16 AM   #4
mdozier
"TRF" Member

Thank you both for the education.
m
Old 1 August 2013, 05:47 AM   #5
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 | 16600
That is a SEXY watch. Tried one on yesterday at an AD and it's really not that large and over bearing. Good luck!!
Old 1 August 2013, 06:07 AM   #6
mdozier
"TRF" Member

Thanks.

I've been wearing a 16600 Sea Dweller all the time for about the last 10yrs and am now considering changing to the new model. I haven't been able to properly try on the new one but based on seeing it in person recently I don't think it'll be a huge adjustment for me. The 16600 has a fairly thick case and sits kinda' high on the wrist anyway.

My plan is: if I can get comfortable with it, it will become my everyday, everywhere watch with extensive dive time as my original SD has been.

Thanks again for the assistance.
matt
Old 1 August 2013, 06:19 AM   #7
Bangel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
All DSSDs are COSC certified.

Especially if you're buying preowned, this does not necessarily mean the watch would be running within these specs once it's on your wrist.
Bangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 06:40 AM   #8
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

It has a larger case than your SD and thicker, too. But it has become dwarfed by many larger cased watches lately - you will likely love it.

You can save quite a bit of bother and money by looking at the trusted sellers here on TRF. That way, in case it doesn't sing to you then you can avoid losing any depreciation if you need to sell it soon afterward..

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2013, 06:42 AM   #9
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
It has a larger case than your SD and thicker, too. But it has become dwarfed by many larger cased watches lately - you will likely love it.

You can save quite a bit of bother and money by looking at the trusted sellers here on TRF. That way, in case it doesn't sing to you then you can avoid losing any depreciation if you need to sell it on.
x1

I saw a watch the other day so large it wouldn't fit under the guys sleeve. I was puzzled.
Old 1 August 2013, 06:46 AM   #10
mdozier
"TRF" Member

Thanks. In fact that's exactly what I'm doing now.

There are a few that are advertised "bnib" and a couple that are a bit less in either excellent or near mint condition. They all look pretty nice to me from the pics.

I'm trying to get comfortable with making the deal sight unseen with a stranger over the forum (having no real experience here) but from what research I've been able to do so far, it seems many of the transactions here have been positive and many of the sellers are trustworthy.
Old 1 August 2013, 06:53 AM   #11
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdozier View Post
Thanks. In fact that's exactly what I'm doing now.

There are a few that are advertised "bnib" and a couple that are a bit less in either excellent or near mint condition. They all look pretty nice to me from the pics.

I'm trying to get comfortable with making the deal sight unseen with a stranger over the forum (having no real experience here) but from what research I've been able to do so far, it seems many of the transactions here have been positive and many of the sellers are trustworthy.
It IS a little nerve wrecking the 1st time. I purchased from DavidSW myself a few months ago (GMT Pepsi). Due to his rep I was okay with the money transfer and the transaction went flawless. If you're going with a seller who has an established sales record you're in good hands. Good luck and post wrist shots when acquired. It's a lovely watch and I wouldn't mind owning one sometime down the line.
Old 1 August 2013, 07:01 AM   #12
mdozier
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the input. In fact, he has one listed I'm considering.

Since, for me, it's going to be a daily wearer, I'd like to make sure all the pieces are included and it's in good shape but I'm not sure I need a new in box. However, having the warranty available is something I hadn't considered previously and now as I'm trying to decide I think it may be worth a bit extra.

Thanks again to all for the help and great input.
m