The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2018, 04:55 PM   #1
John_nic
"TRF" Member

Klokkeland bracelet repair

Hi new to this, I bought my 1st rolex a 1889 datejust and it’s over stretched, it’s a jubilee bracelet and was looking to send it over to klokkeland in Norway to get restored ,I have seen some of his work on instergram and Facebook with brilliant results and spoke to him direct, but I was wondering if anyone has used them as am after some feedback thanks John
John_nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2018, 05:49 AM   #2
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Sorry, I cannot comment, but it would be nice to know about the restoration experience, if you do go ahead with Klokkeland.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Experiences are on the Norwegian watch forum: https://www.tidssonen.no/forum/threa...-2#post-581599
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2019, 06:40 AM   #4
bnlackki
"TRF" Member

My experience with Klokkeland:

Bought a Steel/Gold Datejust with a lot of stretch, nearly flexible like a rope :‘D after a few months I wrote Morten on Facebook, quick reply and all the information about the shipment to Norway or optional to Sweden. Shipment took 1 week, and 3 weeks later I got a message by Morten with a video of my bracelet but in absolut mint condition. Now I got my 1980‘ Datejust on my wrist and it feels like I got a new one. Fair prices and a good Service!
bnlackki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 05:26 AM   #5
RobRupp
"TRF" Member

Icon8 Klokkeland Bracelet Repair-sent Rolex Oyster band 8months ago and never heard back!

So my 1st experience with Klokkeland is NOT GOOD AT ALL!

I sent my Rolex Oyster band to them (with receipt) 8 long months ago TODAY, with full documentation and all the necessary info. Sent them an email on July 1st, 2021, another one on August 12, 2021, then one on October 11 and the last one on October 29, 2021...and to this day: no reaction, no email, no repaired Rolex Oyster band back.

A friend with family connection IN OSLO has now promised to try and find out what on earth is going on.

But as far as first impressions are concerned: I dont think I would recommend Morten Skaune or Benjamin Davidsen to anyone, at this point in time. They might be expert watchmakers/repairers but their communication skills leave A LOT to be desired!!!!
RobRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2022, 08:02 AM   #6
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Rob, that’s a terrible experience, I hope it’s resolved soon.

I did comment earlier in the thread about using Klokkeland as I was considering using them for a bracelet restoration.

I contacted them myself, but from memory the sending of the bracelet, I think to another country, left me feeling a bit nervy about it all, so didn’t follow it through.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote