The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 May 2016, 08:42 AM   #1
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Boxing Fans: Canelo vs Kahn Thread

Kahn doesn't have a chance. This is why the sport can never be that great. Im a huge boxing fan watch showtime and HBO boxing everytime its on. Follow a bunch of the russian fighters through the ranks over the years. But i hate how much politics go into making fights. They are always huge odd margins and the lower of the two is doing it just for a pay day and the better of the two uses it as a buffer fight so they dont have to fight top contenders.

The fact that sergey kovalev hasn't fought adonis stevenson yet is beyond me. adonis stevenson is obviously scared to fight him and is allowed to avoid fighting him by fighting no name fighters.

Canelo should be fighting GGG but no he's going to get paid for fighting Kahn. And there forcing GGG to move up 15 pounds to fight Andre ward but Canelo and GGG are the same weight class.

Sorry for the rant about this. This is how i feel. I really do love boxing but hate the politics behind it. Ruins the sport and everyone knows it and we still pay $100 a pay per view.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 08:57 AM   #2
TheRolexKingofLV
"TRF" Member

Cinco de Mayo Weekend...here in Las Vegas there is a lot of hype behind the fight! Hotels are packed! The new Arena is a big draw as well...
Old 5 May 2016, 09:00 AM   #3
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRolexKingofLV View Post
Cinco de Mayo Weekend...here in Las Vegas there is a lot of hype behind the fight! Hotels are packed! The new Arena is a big draw as well...
I totally understand putting a hispanic fighter on this weekend. But the politics behind boxing in terms of match making just makes me crazy. I guess they had to have the mexican fighter win this weekend so the difference in class between the two fighters are way off but i hate the fact that i will buy the fight knowing the outcome. Its almost like WWE which is pre-determined winner.

Old 5 May 2016, 09:07 AM   #4
TheRolexKingofLV
"TRF" Member

And don't forget this guy...Cinco de Mayo was an annual "payday" for him for years! Looks like Oscar stepped right in, in a brand new arena, and didn't have to talk to The MGM. Cha Ching
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (67.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 5 May 2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And don't forget this guy...Cinco de Mayo was an annual "payday" for him for years! Looks like Oscar stepped right in, in a brand new arena, and didn't have to talk to The MGM. Cha Ching
Floyd is the ultimate of rigged match making but he did beat canelo i though actually had a chance but floyd hit and ran and mexican style boxing is more of a sit and fight type of style.

You are in vegas i would put down some money on the moneyline for canelo to take it. The odds are awful but at least its free money.

Old 5 May 2016, 09:36 AM   #6
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX

Quote:
Ha! I remember that talker. The guy who dodged Manny all the years they were both in their prime as boxers. Disappointed in that little Biotch!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 09:56 AM   #7
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Want the best part: Cinco de Mayo is not celebrated here!!!!!! Only schools are closed, banks and offices are open. People think it is our independence day, but that is September!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 11:25 AM   #8
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
This is the year of the English underdog, I say Amir wins!
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 11:35 AM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
Want the best part: Cinco de Mayo is not celebrated here!!!!!! Only schools are closed, banks and offices are open. People think it is our independence day, but that is September!

you're ruining my excuse to get tipsy on a case of Modelos tomorrow G
Old 5 May 2016, 12:20 PM   #10
Star Ferry
Banned

I have to agree with your assessment of the politics and competition level. Boxing probably crossed from sport to spectacle before I was born

I attended the most recent Pacquiao fight in Macau and enjoyed it a lot. The Asian fans have a lot of passion
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 10:32 PM   #11
sahcivan
Banned

Watch: ing you watch me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofrolex View Post
Kahn doesn't have a chance. This is why the sport can never be that great. Im a huge boxing fan watch showtime and HBO boxing everytime its on. Follow a bunch of the russian fighters through the ranks over the years. But i hate how much politics go into making fights. They are always huge odd margins and the lower of the two is doing it just for a pay day and the better of the two uses it as a buffer fight so they dont have to fight top contenders.

The fact that sergey kovalev hasn't fought adonis stevenson yet is beyond me. adonis stevenson is obviously scared to fight him and is allowed to avoid fighting him by fighting no name fighters.

Canelo should be fighting GGG but no he's going to get paid for fighting Kahn. And there forcing GGG to move up 15 pounds to fight Andre ward but Canelo and GGG are the same weight class.

Sorry for the rant about this. This is how i feel. I really do love boxing but hate the politics behind it. Ruins the sport and everyone knows it and we still pay $100 a pay per view.
It's a win-win situation for Khan. If he pulls off an upset and wins, then he he moved up 2 weight classes and beat one of the best p4p fighters in the world.

If he looses, he's moved up two weight classes and lost of one of the best p4p fighters in the world.

It's just a big payday after being snubbed by Floyd and manny.
sahcivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 11:28 PM   #12
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
you're ruining my excuse to get tipsy on a case of Modelos tomorrow G
Ok, I will keep it quiet!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote