The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 July 2023, 02:24 PM   #1
CZS
"TRF" Member

Sizing 124060 Sub for 6.25" wrist

Today I ordered my first Rolex, a model 124060 Sub No Date, from Aamir at AIS Watches. He has been extremely patient with my questions and is willing to size the bracelet prior to shipping. I measure my wrist at 6.25" and relatively flat. Obviously Aamir has plenty of experience with sizing watches, but I also understand that fit/comfort can be a bit individual so I wanted to get a few opinions. Specifically, can anyone with a similar size wrist advise on how you have the links laid out at 6 and 12 o'clock to center the hasp on your wrist?
CZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2023, 10:01 PM   #2
Sebenza
"TRF" Member

I have the exact same wrist size and very flat. I remove two links from the 12 position, one from the six, and move the glidelock almost all the way in. Typically leave one or two spaces from being all the way in.
Sebenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2023, 10:37 PM   #3
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Get the right tool and it’s as simple as dealing with some screws and a bit of loctite
Old 12 July 2023, 12:34 AM   #4
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

For my small wrist and the same reference sub I have 3 full links and the half link on the 6 o’clock side and 5 links on the 12. Moving the half link over is a game changer to get the clasp blades centered
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 12:46 AM   #5
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum and congratulations
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2023, 02:24 AM   #6
CZS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebenza View Post
I have the exact same wrist size and very flat. I remove two links from the 12 position, one from the six, and move the glidelock almost all the way in. Typically leave one or two spaces from being all the way in.
Great info, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
Get the right tool and it’s as simple as dealing with some screws and a bit of loctite
I didn't realize it was that easy to do yourself. Aamir is going to size it for me but if I need an adjustment, I may take a stab at it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
For my small wrist and the same reference sub I have 3 full links and the half link on the 6 o’clock side and 5 links on the 12. Moving the half link over is a game changer to get the clasp blades centered
Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations
Thank you! I've never been a 'watch guy' so this is all new to me.
CZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2023, 12:52 PM   #7
rduran
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
I like to size my watches myself, anyway I just bought a new 124060 and removed a link at 12 and another at 6, brought the glidelock all the way in and feels pretty great!
rduran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2023, 01:22 PM   #8
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Buy a 1.7mm Rolex screwdriver from a website like Esslinger.com and do it yourself. Purple or blue Locktite is all you need and a very small dab of it.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2023, 01:59 PM   #9
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZS View Post
Today I ordered my first Rolex, a model 124060 Sub No Date, from Aamir at AIS Watches. He has been extremely patient with my questions and is willing to size the bracelet prior to shipping. I measure my wrist at 6.25" and relatively flat. Obviously Aamir has plenty of experience with sizing watches, but I also understand that fit/comfort can be a bit individual so I wanted to get a few opinions. Specifically, can anyone with a similar size wrist advise on how you have the links laid out at 6 and 12 o'clock to center the hasp on your wrist?
Welcome to the forum

Some things to note for sizing:

Purchase the correct hollow ground screwdriver. An ordinary screwdriver may result in screw head damage.

You may need to heat the links to loosen the loctite. When re applying loctite apply a tiny amount to the female thread on the link, not the male thread on the screw. A wooden toothpick is perfect as an applicator.

YOU ADJUST PLACEMENT OF THE WATCH HEAD RELATIVE TO THE CLASP BY ADJUSTING THE 6 O'CLOCK SIDE (cannot stress that enough)

The 12 o'clock side is then adjusted to achieve the desired bracelet tightness only.

So you size the six o'clock side first until you are happy with placement.

Don't stress the outer clasp placement too much if the inner clasp blades (the parts that touch your skin) are comfortably placed. The outer clasp may sit slightly closer to the 6 o'clock side than may be aesthetically perfect, however it's the placement of the blades themselves that dictate comfort on the wrist as they are slightly longer than the outer clasp part (much moreso on other references)

Everyone's wrist is a different shape. The bracelet may appear quite lop sided when off the wrist - that's totally fine if it fits you correctly so expect fewer links on the six oclock side.

You will probably be 3.5 (or even just 3) links on the 6 o'clock side.

Good luck and congratulations

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2023, 05:23 PM   #10
mmmk604
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I have a 6.375" wrist.

I go with 3.5 links on the 6 o'clock side and 5 links on the 12 o'clock side.

Ultimately, Glidelock will allow you find the perfect fit. For example, I've also done 4/5.5 links and it feels/wears almost identical to 3.5/5 links. All that changes, is the clasp position (moving slightly by ~4mm).
mmmk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2023, 07:30 PM   #11
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
OP - Did you ever receive your Sub? Your original post was from a month ago.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote