The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 14 February 2010, 12:24 AM   #1
pjkpjk

Watch: rolex sub nd
Icon20 sub nd, my review

Well its been just over 1 year with my sub.
Its an m series sub nd and the first year being fully certified.

To start with, when I first got the watch home and tried it on, wow , the feel and look.
At the start my watch ran slow, about 2 seconds a day.(the break-in period) after 3 months it now runs 2 seconds a day fast.. (like clock work, no pun intended) I like a watch that runs fast, you never want to be late.

The dial,
what can you say, glossy jet black, and the most copied look ever for a diver watch.

The bezel:
I have tried 100s of bezels none turn as nice as the Rolex, so smooth and precise.

The bracelet:
The sub bracelet has changed very little over the years. It has chunky, cheap feel to it. The use of screws in the links makes for easy self-sizing. Brushed finished is both attractive and scratch resistant. But it is tried and true, will last for years.

The movement:
made in house by Rolex, nothing more to say.

The Rolex crown:
The crown is actually very amazing in its construction and design. It is the one element of the watch that the owner has complete control over.
Using the crown the owner of the watch has the ability to set the time on the watch as well as the date. In the first position, the owner of the watch also has the ability to manually wind the watch. It is during this operation that the Rolex can fall victim to external elements entering the watch. These elements can be dirt as well as water. So take your time unscrewing the crown. PLease never forget to fully screw the crown back in tight to the case gently. (do not need water leaking in)

Overall:
No regrets buying this piece of art and history. Lets not forget they start at
$5000.00 US, but a watch that will last a 100 years. TO all the Rolex lovers out there, live life to the max.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolex-70.jpg (49.7 KB, 671 views)
File Type: jpg rolex-88.jpg (112.8 KB, 677 views)
File Type: jpg rolex-77.jpg (51.7 KB, 671 views)
pjkpjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2010, 12:54 AM   #2
slevin kelevra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
Love it! and love mine! Although after a month and a half of ownership mines started running extremely fast. Its at RSC as we speak but im really worried about how long it will be before I get it back, I have lost countof the number of times i've looked at my wrist to admire my watch only to remember its not there! :-(

I was looking at the new TT ceramic sub the other day and its no where near as nice looking. IMO
slevin kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2010, 01:04 AM   #3
pjkpjk

I also own a rolex date, after about 1 year i dropped it on the cement. my heart nearlly
stopped.. after checking it the time started to run slow by 3-4 secs a day(Drove me nuts) i sent it to rolex canada and got it back like new and runing fast by 1-2 secs a day. rolex did not charge me cause it was still under waranty.
So i hope you get yours back the way i did, fast and like new...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolex-30.jpg (77.1 KB, 659 views)
File Type: jpg rolex-22.jpg (94.8 KB, 659 views)
Old 14 February 2010, 01:12 AM   #4
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
Mine rarely comes off my wrist. My biggest fear is that my skin will start to grow around it. I could have bought any of the more expensive t/t in the Rolex lineup. I prefer the simplicity of the no date. In fact, I just bought my s/o a no date 176200 w/blue sticks for her b-day / wedding anniversary. (dates left out to insure my longevity ) Next up is a Milgauss w/ the green crystal. The 14060M will then go to the 21 yr old as his first Rolex.
Old 15 February 2010, 01:07 PM   #5
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Nice ND Sub, the 14060 was my first Rolex, and has a special place in my heart...
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2010, 01:37 PM   #6
paultran37
Banned

Watch: PRESIDENT 118238 Z
nice watch
paultran37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2010, 10:17 PM   #7
pjkpjk

i

thanks, you just got to love rolex
Old 1 March 2010, 02:24 AM   #8
MILFAN

I just bought my first No Date 14060M M series submariner. Absolutely love it. Didnot care for the cyclops date.
MILFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2010, 03:07 AM   #9
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
I wish Rolex had ...............

A black non-COSC diamond dial for the no date. That would be wicked ! I'd buy one in a heart beat.