The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old Today, 05:23 AM   #1
Champagnepapi
"TRF" Member

John Mayer Shares His Perpetual calendar collection YT

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/v2BskBNpNNE?si=U-a-x0VgHlubFaIy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Champagnepapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #2
edo
"TRF" Member

Speaking of 39mm he is right about setting it every 100 years... but speaking of 41mm it is every 6 years because of the wrong 52 weeks indicator...

Hope that next QP movement that is coming will not have week indicator or they add perpetuality on that complication too with 53 weeks...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #3
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
lol wow what are the odds that I just picked up this piece at the Christie’s auction In Geneva and also have the original AP John Mayer Tuscany dial 25820PT and the Yellow gold 25654BA QP
lol John Meyer is clearly stalking my collection
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg royal oak chris.jpeg (96.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8450.jpeg (78.8 KB, 0 views)
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:30 AM   #4
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
lol wow what are the odds that I just picked up this piece at the Christie’s auction In Geneva and also have the original AP John Mayer Tuscany dial 25820PT and the Yellow gold 25654BA QP
lol John Meyer is clearly stalking my collection
“original JM Tuscany dial”…has he also co-opted the original Tuscany?
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #5
Steele
"TRF" Member

lol I think we was like 3 years old when the Tuscany dropped And 10 when they released the Rolex John Meyer. So he clearly was doing something right as a child lmaooo

I’m sending him a list of the rest of my my collection he missed so he can keep co-signing
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #6
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Regardless of how negative you are (or choose to be) on AP collabs, the John Mayer halo etc... JM is truly one of the most engaging/entertaining speakers out there. An astoundingly natural ability to draw the listener in...
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #7
Steele
"TRF" Member

I’m not saying it’s exactly the same but…… I’m saying “ITS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME LOL”. almost 30 years later
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4413.jpeg (178.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5053.jpeg (174.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5054.jpeg (83.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #8
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
Regardless of how negative you are (or choose to be) on AP collabs, the John Mayer halo etc... JM is truly one of the most engaging/entertaining speakers out there. An astoundingly natural ability to draw the listener in...
This is true, the depth of his interest and genuine passion for various dimensions of horology (eg historical significance, mechanical nuances, etc) comes through and engages me. No other celebrity collector has had that effect.
Note that I don’t have an issue with the new JM collab (which I bet he actually substantially contributed to), but I definitely have a distaste for historical pieces being attached to modern celebrities. But it’s not that big a deal in the end. It comes down to the factual merits of each piece, I believe.
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #9
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
I’m not saying it’s exactly the same but…… I’m saying “ITS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME LOL”. almost 30 years later
It really is, yes. When I initially saw it I thought it was meant to be a re-issue of sorts, like the Remasters :) But then I see it being called a JM collab, to which I thought “this isn’t very innovative.” I love your original Tuscany dial the most, and platinum, but this newer piece is different enough and unquestionably beautiful.
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Certainly better than any Travis Scott or Marvel collab

IMO the best collab AP has done in recent times.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:26 PM   #11
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
This is true, the depth of his interest and genuine passion for various dimensions of horology (eg historical significance, mechanical nuances, etc) comes through and engages me. No other celebrity collector has had that effect.
Note that I don’t have an issue with the new JM collab (which I bet he actually substantially contributed to), but I definitely have a distaste for historical pieces being attached to modern celebrities. But it’s not that big a deal in the end. It comes down to the factual merits of each piece, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Certainly better than any Travis Scott or Marvel collab

IMO the best collab AP has done in recent times.
Yup can't agree more.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #12
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

So funny how watch lovers can have so much hate for another watch lover just because he has the access and funds to purchase his dream watches like they wish they could.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #13
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Very true he carry’s the interview imho Very calming and turns a phrase perfectly and with such ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
It really is, yes. When I initially saw it I thought it was meant to be a re-issue of sorts, like the Remasters :) But then I see it being called a JM collab, to which I thought “this isn’t very innovative.” I love your original Tuscany dial the most, and platinum, but this newer piece is different enough and unquestionably beautiful.
Ohhhh trust me I want the new real JM collab. Honestly my fave color is blue so this is amazing. I see one of the members has one here and posted it a few days ago in the What AP are you wearing section.
I can’t wait to see them side by side. New vs old dials. 39mm vs 41mm WG vs Platinum movement vs movement
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #14
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
So funny how watch lovers can have so much hate for another watch lover just because he has the access and funds to purchase his dream watches like they wish they could.
Any whiff of such hate would be unfortunate…thankfully there’s none of that on this forum, unless the thread was misinterpreted. Plenty of watch lovers and collectors here on the forum whom we celebrate and appreciate for their graciousness in share their pieces and insights. Beyond that, I’d like to think everyone on the forum is content and accepting of what each has.