The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 04:02 AM   #1
boychild
"TRF" Member

Merch

Hi all! I've noticed that people receive random merch from ADs while the sale is being completed. Branded Rolex caps, pens, leather watch rolls are given. Is this based on the purchase history or is it just a random giveaway?
boychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 AM   #2
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
It appears to be discretionary; my original SA hooked me up with something every time, my subsequent SA not. By the way the hats (Tudor and Rolex) are made for very tiny heads and are disappointing.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #3
KVNNSCHNG
"TRF" Member

Ask or you won't (more than likely) receive at the time of purchase.
Old Today, 04:24 AM   #4
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Merch

On my last random visit, I received a boxed set of different color (and with different ink colors) ball point pens, with Rolex branding. I was very surprised and grateful for the gift. I was just visiting, following up after my latest request. No purchase at the time. I have been given chocolates while picking up a purchase, and offered wine. I have been given a hard cover catalogue and their magazine while visiting. I have never asked for, or expected any merch. I am not a VIP, though they have always treated me as one. I’ve also received a hand written thank you note, via the mail, on store stationary, from my SA, just for being a good client. I’ve purchased 2 watches from my AD, and am awaiting a third , which I’ve been assured I’ll get soon.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:27 AM   #5
CHRONOLEX
2024 Pledge Member

I have never been given anything other than a bottle of water, even when purchasing platinum DD40
CHRONOLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 AM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Agree with Kevin, plus sometimes there are non-Rolex items like a Wolf winder or timepiece case, etc. I'd say usually no, tho after some time maybe. Wish Rolex had a catalog of such items for us to purchase. We did get a lovely Rolex green glass candle, the fragrance is glorious! Wish we could 'refill' the glass.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:32 AM   #7
CHRONOLEX
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
On my last random visit, I received a boxed set of different color (and with different ink colors) ball point pens, with Rolex branding. I was very surprised and grateful for the gift. I was just visiting, following up after my latest request. No purchase at the time. I have been given chocolates while picking up a purchase, and offered wine. I have been given a hard cover catalogue and their magazine while visiting. I have never asked for, or expected any merch. I am not a VIP, though they have always treated me as one. I’ve also received a hand written thank you note, via the mail, on store stationary, from my SA, just for being a good client. I’ve purchased 2 watches from my AD, and am awaiting a third , which I’ve been assured I’ll get soon.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's great you get treated so well. Unfortunately at my ADs they still act like selling you something is an extreme favor.
CHRONOLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 AM   #8
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Microfibre cloths and chocolates (not Rolex branded). I'm just happy to buy directly from the AD. I don't have a big spend history.
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:34 AM   #9
hd-bagger
"TRF" Member

I received a Rolex branded leather bifold wallet with my sub date. It came in a branded box also. The owner brought it out after the purchase was completed. I thought it added a nice touch to the experience. I'm still using it to this day, 3.5 years later.
hd-bagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:04 AM   #10
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I have bought five watches from my current AD. First came with nothing. Second came with a green Wolf winder. Third was an exception, had it sized and took home the box, etc., then the watch was shipped in its coffin to me on vacation. No extras.
Fourth and fifth each came with an AD branded plastic kit that had a pen, polishing cloth, and single travel case.
Have also attended several new releases trunk shows and got a goodie bag at each.

PS: I can’t see me wearing a Rolex branded cap or other apparel item. A little too “hey look at me!”
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 AM   #11
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Panerai
A few years ago it was easier to receive gifts

Old Today, 06:26 AM   #12
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Ask for what you want. For me, it’s leather watch pouches. Rolex branded single brown leather ones are terrific. Their 2 and 3 watch rolls are beautiful and work for low movement storage at home, but they don’t have dividers, so I would not travel with them because the watches could bump into each other.

I also got a beautiful green ballpoint pen with my name engraved on it … nice touch.

Other ADs have given ball-cap, umbrella, key holder, multi-use jack knife, and business card holder.

I have purchased (Rolex branded from giftee) green leather jubilee wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote