The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 2 February 2012, 06:29 PM   #1
LibertysMom

What Happened to the Thread About The Size of Watches Women are Wearing?

I cannot locate it, it had some great photos of watches on it that I wanted to revisit, and I have searched the forum and cannot locate? It was in the General Discussions area.

Was the thread removed? Is so, can someone explain why? Were forum rules breached? Just trying to understand the lay of the land at TRF.

It appears to have been removed because my post count has declined, and the missing posts were made in that thread.

Thank you,
LibertysMom
LibertysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 06:42 PM   #2
LibertysMom

Okay, so my above post is moved. Any reason why there was not a response to my question by the individual who moved the post? Even a PM?
Old 2 February 2012, 06:46 PM   #3
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysMom View Post
Okay, so my above post is moved. Any reason why there was not a response to my question by the individual who moved the post? Even a PM?
I think you are over reacting why your post was moved.

To be honest, I can not see the problem.
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 06:48 PM   #4
MonBK
Banned

Could it be that the thread derailed and got booted?

Mods usually don't respond to explain why a certain thread is being removed and rightfully so.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post

I think she's just asking, she's new here and probably not used to the way things happen here.

I'm curious why that one disappeared too, it seemed really civil compared to other threads on that topic.

Andelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 06:57 PM   #6
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelain View Post
I think she's just asking, she's new here and probably not used to the way things happen here.

I'm curious why that one disappeared too, it seemed really civil compared to other threads on that topic.
If being a member for 5 years is new then what are you?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 07:00 PM   #7
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:

I dont think been here since 2007 is new..... I do agree some posts on the same subject have been bad.

For a thread to have been removed, there must have been multiple complaints on that thread.
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Andelain
"TRF" Member

I was referring to her post count. Someone with 27 posts may not spend much time here, unless she's mainly a lurker.

As for me, I'm still a noob too, but a bit of a post whore.

Old 2 February 2012, 07:12 PM   #9
LibertysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post

Not an overreaction, just a question (or two). Simply trying to figure out forum rules, and why a post was removed.
Old 2 February 2012, 07:18 PM   #10
LibertysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Could it be that the thread derailed and got booted?

Mods usually don't respond to explain why a certain thread is being removed and rightfully so.

I have no idea. I looked at the thread early Wednesday morning, and it didn't appear to be out of hand. In fact, there was a fair amount of female participation, the most I have seen on TRF, and some enjoyable dialogue was occurring. It was an opportunity to get to know certain participants better.

I have participated, as time will allow, on a couple of other forums (one watch related and two other related to other high end items), and if a thread is removed and an inquiry made for the reason, usually a PM will be sent to the person so that they have an understanding of what occurred.
Old 2 February 2012, 07:20 PM   #11
LibertysMom

Quote:

Thank you, Andelain. You expressed it much more eloquently than I ever could have.
Old 2 February 2012, 07:30 PM   #12
LibertysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
If being a member for 5 years is new then what are you?

I joined TRF 5 years ago when I was researching a possible purchase for a Rolex Ladies Yachtmaster (29mm), which I did purchase in late August 2007. Between this site and another Rolex site (TZ), I was able to secure the information I needed (it was related to serial numbers, and the specific models).

After that purchase in August 2007, my father's health took a tragic downturn for the worse (Alzheimer's). Until he passed away, and I had time to sort through all that comes with the loss of one's first parent (while also dealing with an only child being deployed to the Middle East), I had little desire to participate in my former outside interests.

I returned to the forum recently because I was researching a purchase of a 14060m, the first Rolex purchase I had made since August 2007. This watch was purchased new from an AD last Saturday. Now, I really have the bug!
Old 2 February 2012, 07:56 PM   #13
LibertysMom

Quote:
I was referring to her post count. Someone with 27 posts may not spend much time here, unless she's mainly a lurker.

As for me, I'm still a noob too, but a bit of a post whore.

You hit the nail on the head. I haven't spent much time here, not even as a lurker. Have explained in a post the reasons for not being here since 2007. But, as Bob Dylan said, "these times they are a changin". Or something like that.
Old 2 February 2012, 11:35 PM   #14
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I've just noticed this thread.

Unfortunately, these "Ladies wearing Rolex" threads get hijacked by testosterone, provoking multiple reportings by other members and resulting with the thread being binned.

You are welcome to start a fresh thread and ask the others to refrain from posting semi clad women wearing watches.

If members wish to deliberately flout this request then it's simple enough to remove their membership.
Old 3 February 2012, 02:04 AM   #15
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
I've just noticed this thread.

Unfortunately, these "Ladies wearing Rolex" threads get hijacked by testosterone, provoking multiple reportings by other members and resulting with the thread being binned.

You are welcome to start a fresh thread and ask the others to refrain from posting semi clad women wearing watches.

If members wish to deliberately flout this request then it's simple enough to remove their membership.
Thanks for that. I kind of figured it was either that or some of our more chauvanistic types started dictating what ladies should wear. Those kind of people crack me up. What would they say if I tried to dictate what they should like and wear?