The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 December 2008, 07:56 AM   #1
boxyandme
"TRF" Member

question about asking price of ladies DJ

Hello,
I'm a newbie here/ I have a ladies DJ that's two-toned SS and 18K w/ the Champagne dial. It's the small size, I think 18mm. I purchased it back in 2003, but it was manufa. in 2001. It's not working currently. It fell off my counter top and landed on my ceramic floor. It's due for it's overhaul anyway, but before I invested in getting it out for service, I really wanted an upgrade diamond dial and like the new heavier bracelet. I saw a watch in the store w/ the diamond dial, and also a diamond bezel that was not continuous diamonds, but diamonds intersparsely set (of that makes sense). Anyhow, I found a local jeweler who may purchase my old one. What's a ballpark reasonable asking price for this? Besides not running, the rest of the watch in is excellent condition. Any feedback is much appreciated!
boxyandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2008, 08:06 AM   #2
slvrstar

with the watch not running, i doubt he'll give you much for it. He'll probably give you store credit of a few hundred and apply it to your purchase. Maybe at most a thousand, since he figure it'll come out of the % he'll discount your purchase and indirectly come out of your pocket, so to speak. Personally, if you still like the watch, why not take it in for a service, which might cost about $400, and have an extra Rolex to wear, as your daily wear.
slvrstar is offline   Reply With Quote