The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 February 2024, 06:15 PM   #1
Filip78
"TRF" Member

Rolex 126710 BLRO "Pepsi" Mk1 or Mk2

Dear All,

Firstly, I would like to extend my greetings to everyone. I am a new member. In the past, I owned an Explorer 1 (a beautiful watch), and now I have a Submariner "maxi case". I am currently considering the purchase of a GMT 126710 BLRO. I have come across a 2019 watch that is currently on sale. I am curious if any of you can identify, based on the provided photos, whether it is a Mk1 or Mk2?

Thank you for your responses.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1-min.PNG (84.3 KB, 641 views)
File Type: png 2-min.PNG (125.3 KB, 642 views)
Filip78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 06:55 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
No such thing its just Rolex 126710 BLRO all this MK stuff only exists in internet land.If you are happy with price and condition just buy it.Then wear and enjoy wearing it for many years to come in good health now thats far more important than this Mk stuff.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 07:05 PM   #3
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
No such thing its just Rolex 126710 BLRO all this MK stuff only exists in internet land.If you are happy with price and condition just buy it.Then wear and enjoy wearing it for many years to come in good health now thats far more important than this Mk stuff.
There are obvious variations in bezels over the years, the so called Mk I is the most noticeable i do struggle to differentiate between the rest of them.

However I would say the photo is not a mk I :)
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 07:06 PM   #4
Filip78
"TRF" Member

Tnx
Old 5 February 2024, 07:33 PM   #5
Cassian739
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Welcome to the forum! This is a pretty good previous thread on the topic and shows the difference between MK1, MK2, MK3. In addition to the major changes, even production runs can have slight differences.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=930570
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 08:10 PM   #6
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Welcome to TRF.

It’s very difficult to distinguish between the various different color schemes. How they look in real life depends on the ambient lighting conditions.
Mk1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .. or whatever the next one is called in the future would not matter to me. It’s a beautiful watch regardless.

Buying second hand factor in a full service given the possible technical problems with the movement. Probably better to pay a bit more for a newer one
Old 5 February 2024, 08:13 PM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It’s whatever MK you want it to be

Congratulations and welcome aboard
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 08:15 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
There are obvious variations in bezels over the years, the so called Mk I is the most noticeable i do struggle to differentiate between the rest of them.

Well when they fire most things ceramic especially red and blue, batch to batch its possible there will be tiny variations. Same for the dials they are still made in 3 different factories now all owned by Rolex. So there always have been and always will be tiny variations in dials. But today things like the MK stuff rare dial etc is mainly promoted by sellers to extract more money from buyers.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 5 February 2024, 10:16 PM   #9
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post

Agreed, and I would say that the image is of an MK2 Pepsi.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 12:57 AM   #10
learnmids
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Welcome to TRF.
learnmids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 06:03 AM   #11
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Those photos could be two different watches based on the bezel colour alone. knowing they are the same watch, this shows how lighting, presentation etc can play tricks on one’s mind.
Mine is also a 2019 and looks just like this one 😉
Old 6 February 2024, 06:16 AM   #12
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The MK stuff is meant to differentiate these tiny variations, particularly in vintage pieces where an MK distinction is crucial. It can determine whether the dial or bezel is true to the age of the watch or if it's a replacement. For instance, the flat four bezel vs. the pointy 4 on the 16610LV is not a manufacturing variable. The new, brighter green bezel on the 126LV is not a random manufacturing variable but rather intentional. I have seen the press release binder sent by Rolex to ADs, mentioning the change.
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 06:19 AM   #13
MrMercedes
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many!
Who cares about MK?! On the pics is a MK2. Hope you like the watch and do not want to sell it.
MrMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 06:40 AM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
The MK stuff is meant to differentiate these tiny variations, particularly in vintage pieces where an MK distinction is crucial. It can determine whether the dial or bezel is true to the age of the watch or if it's a replacement. For instance, the flat four bezel vs. the pointy 4 on the 16610LV is not a manufacturing variable. The new, brighter green bezel on the 126LV is not a random manufacturing variable but rather intentional. I have seen the press release binder sent by Rolex to ADs, mentioning the change.
But there has been reports on forum of sending a pointed 4 LV in for service it was returned with a flat 4 insert but insert colour was a slightly different colour green.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 6 February 2024, 04:53 PM   #15
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But there has been reports on forum of sending a pointed 4 LV in for service it was returned with a flat 4 insert but insert colour was a slightly different colour green.
I understand that Rolex doesn’t care and will put whatever bezel as a replacement, but the fact remains undisputed that the watch wasn’t born that way. We know this because of the overzealous collectors and lovers of this brand who study such details and categorize them into Mark designations. Let me give you another example: The 214270 was first introduced with a short minute hand and solid gold 3, 6, 9 indices. Later, in 2016, the minute hand was elongated and the 3, 6, 9 indices were lumed, but the reference number remained the same. These changes within the same reference are real, deliberate, well documented, and do not only exist in the internet world. Hence, one is referred to as MK1 and the other as MK2. In 20 years from now, when a collector wants to purchase an original 214270 and is presented with a 2013 example but with an MK2 dial, savants of the brand will be able to educate him/her that the 2013 example was born with an MK1 dial, and it would be a disservice to this unsuspecting buyer to be told "No such thing; all this MK stuff only exists in internet land."
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 05:19 PM   #16
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Welcome to the forum!
Could be a Mk XII
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 12:20 AM   #17
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
to answer your question, it appears to be a Mk2
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 01:36 AM   #18
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

Those look like two totally different watches because of the lighting!!

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 01:42 AM   #19
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The reality is, you can’t really tell unless you get them both out in the sun.
Old 7 February 2024, 02:23 AM   #20
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
My longtime SA has sold a lot of modern BLROs including mine. From what he’s seen pass through his hands, he believes there’s been three variations.
I received mine in December of 2018, the first year of the 12 series in SS. It was the 12th one they had delivered and it is MK II, I believe the one OP posted is too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5511.jpeg (198.1 KB, 224 views)
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 03:22 AM   #21
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
this is completely incorrect.

While there might be slight variations in thousands of batches of inserts, there are still 3 distinct and very identifiable variations that exist. Rolex of course does not acknowledge their existence officially but likely every knowledgable sales rep at every AD in the world will know they exist.

I agree if you are happy with the price and condition, that is the most important thing. After that, from what I've seen there is a little bit more demand for MK1 inserts, which down the road might equate to higher appreciation but that is admittedly speculation.

That said, the three different shades are quite different and after some extensive research you might find you simply prefer one shade of blue over the other. That is the most important thing IMO.

In this situation do yourself a favor and don't whole heartedly take the advice of a disgruntled senior member. Appreciation could be a factor down the road, but no guarantees. If you truly don't care about the color variation then again, look for the price and condition you want. If you care about the color difference, take your time, watch videos and find the one you like or you will regret it.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 03:26 AM   #22
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Here is a good image that show the different shades.

Old 7 February 2024, 03:29 AM   #23
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMercedes View Post
Who cares about MK?! On the pics is a MK2. Hope you like the watch and do not want to sell it.
they're different shades of blue. Yes subtle, but that's like saying who cares of you get a black sub or a green sub. Same watch! I know that's an extreme comparison, but people like what they like.

I personally like the MK2 GMT much better than the MK1. If I bought the first one that popped up and didn't care or believe there was a color difference based on a bunch of comments from so called experts on a forum, then later found out there are actual differences I'd be pretty annoyed.
Old 7 February 2024, 03:40 AM   #24
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Looks like a Mark 3
Vipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 03:56 AM   #25
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Here is a good image that show the different shades.

Most definitely 3 shades. Whether or not Rolex officially declares a stated difference the evidence is solid. I don’t see any issue with a MK designation to differentiate which a particular variant may be. That said, as Mystro pointed out , it is difficult to determine unless side by side to another example or out in the sun.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 03:58 AM   #26
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Most definitely 3 shades. Whether or not Rolex officially declares a stated difference the evidence is solid. I don’t see any issue with a MK designation to differentiate which a particular variant may be. That said, as Mystro pointed out , it is difficult to determine unless side by side to another example or out in the sun.
agreed. The most simplistic reasoning for making the distinction is that some people prefer one shade over the other. To advise people there's no difference at all is ridiculous. That statement has nothing to do with hype, value, appreciation, etc. Just simple color preference.
Old 7 February 2024, 04:09 AM   #27
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
My longtime SA has sold a lot of modern BLROs including mine. From what he’s seen pass through his hands, he believes there’s been three variations.
I received mine in December of 2018, the first year of the 12 series in SS. It was the 12th one they had delivered and it is MK II, I believe the one OP posted is too.
Mine is from Dec 15 / 2018. I still don’t know what MK it is.

I’ve posted on several of these threads and have had people tell me it’s an MK1. I’ve also had a lot of MK2.

I certainly don’t deny there are different shades of inserts, but honestly I’d completely avoid calling mine by any MK descriptor especially if I were to sell it for fear of being wrong
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 04:15 AM   #28
Filip78
"TRF" Member

Dear All,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions and offering your help. It's greatly appreciated!
Old 7 February 2024, 04:27 AM   #29
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

There is more color hue variance in the BLRO than the most recent change in the hue of green in the LVc. This proving Rolex will tweak the ceramic formula along the way without any notification other than for their own internal reasoning. At best you can try to guess when a manufacturing change was made by its warranty card, but even then it’s not conclusive. Maybe there was slight change between more noticeable color hues?? That is the problem with any of these MK designations is that ultimately it’s still subjective and not a definitive start and stop of each change.

For what it’s worth here is 12/2018 warranty card BLRO. What was funny when I took that picture was, outside the watch didn’t match the color of the one printed in the actual catalog.
Old 7 February 2024, 04:29 AM   #30
Buckaroo Banzai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 12671
Welcome!

I received my BLRO 20 Jan 2000. I was thrilled to get it.

I have no idea what MK it is, and don't really care.
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote