The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 July 2016, 02:12 AM   #1
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
The 2016 NFL thread

Training camp starts tomorrow. I have some trepidation about my beloved Bears. Will Jay Cutler return to his careless ways with Adam Gase gone? Will Kevin White live up to last year's hype? Can Alshon Jeffrey stay healthy? Though Leonard Floyd is looking good...
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 02:40 AM   #2
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Mildly Optimistic about my Pats. Brady relaxes for the first 4 games and then takes on the word for the last 12. Might be his last hurrah so we shall see. If they can split the first 4 we have a shot.
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:37 AM   #3
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
Mildly Optimistic about my Pats. Brady relaxes for the first 4 games and then takes on the word for the last 12. Might be his last hurrah so we shall see. If they can split the first 4 we have a shot.
This is going to be the best thing for him. You get to keep him healthy for an additional 4 games of the season.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 08:13 AM   #4
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
My guess is Garappolo will do fine as he has a pretty good mentor and coach. Clearly Coach B. likes him and trusts him as he is still there. I think they will be fine and be right there as they always are.

As for my team the Pittsburgh Steelers, I feel pretty confident about this season. I hope the defense steps up and the offense does what it does best. I think we will be in the mix again. How far who knows...

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2016, 01:22 AM   #5
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
My guess is Garappolo will do fine as he has a pretty good mentor and coach. Clearly Coach B. likes him and trusts him as he is still there. I think they will be fine and be right there as they always are.

As for my team the Pittsburgh Steelers, I feel pretty confident about this season. I hope the defense steps up and the offense does what it does best. I think we will be in the mix again. How far who knows...
I'm a big fan of the Ladarius Green pickup.
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 02:56 AM   #6
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
I'm hoping the Pats will go 3-1 and the NFL will have a freakin heart attack, beat you wife, smoke dope, drink & drive or put HGH in your butt and you get 4 games. The same for "maybe" having a slightly deflated ball, joke...
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:12 AM   #7
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
I'm hoping the Pats will go 3-1 and the NFL will have a freakin heart attack, beat you wife, smoke dope, drink & drive or put HGH in your butt and you get 4 games. The same for "maybe" having a slightly deflated ball, joke...
Couldn't agree more, and trust me, I am NOT a Patriots or Tom Brady fan, but Goodell is an idiot. Does he have indisputable evidence Tom Brady ordered the footballs under inflated? Then show us. No? Then there is no case, drop it. Goodell is on a power-ego trip against one of the biggest draw players (in an organization that makes HIM money) and he is just trying to play Ceaser. Here is to hoping the Pats go 4-0 without Brady and he comes back with a vengence.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:29 AM   #8
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
PATS: Split the 4 games and begin the FU tour 2016.

What a horrible past year with marginal science and much finger pointing wrapped up in a terrible investigation and follow on court sagas.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post

I was also once a Colt's fan as a kid until Papps called one dark wintry morning saying the equippment truck had left. With Roots in Boston and Baltimore there became just one team.
Old 27 July 2016, 04:31 AM   #9
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Here is to hoping the Pats go 4-0 without Brady
No way, they play Miami Week 2, so hoping 3-1 at the most.

Can Foster step up after injuries and provide some running skills that he had in the past?
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 03:09 AM   #10
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Looking for another playoff year from the Packers, but unsure of how the Vikings progress this season. They may take the division again. Green Bay has a lot of rust to shake off on offense and the defense must improve (see Arizona playoff game OT loss last season).

Hard to be upset with the Packers run of success, but getting back to an NFC Championship game would be a welcome development. Let's give the Bears a rematch!
Old 27 July 2016, 10:58 AM   #11
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
I think you'll be OK Marc. The Pats are experts at recovering from a slow start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
Looking for another playoff year from the Packers, but unsure of how the Vikings progress this season. They may take the division again. Green Bay has a lot of rust to shake off on offense and the defense must improve (see Arizona playoff game OT loss last season).

Hard to be upset with the Packers run of success, but getting back to an NFC Championship game would be a welcome development. Let's give the Bears a rematch!
The Vike's need Bridgewater to be better than mediocre. He hasn't met expectations yet. If he doesn't break out this year, they won't be very good.

The Bears have linebackers and a secondary this year. The D should be able to hold its own. If Cutler can continue to progress, the Bears may be able to contend.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:06 AM   #12
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
. . . . . . If Cutler can continue to progress, the Bears may be able to contend.
Reminds me of the comment attributed to Einstein, about expecting a different result.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:21 AM   #13
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Reminds me of the comment attributed to Einstein, about expecting a different result.
Cutler is a great example of a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. But Adam Gase had him making good decisions last year. First improvement since Cutler left Vandy.

I'd prefer the Bears moved on from Cutler. He has some incredible raw talent, but no leadership skills, and too much of a diva for what he actually contributes on the field.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:47 AM   #14
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Cutler is a great example of a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. But Adam Gase had him making good decisions last year. First improvement since Cutler left Vandy.

I'd prefer the Bears moved on from Cutler. He has some incredible raw talent, but no leadership skills, and too much of a diva for what he actually contributes on the field.
Here's the thing about Cutler ~ He's already 33 and has been a starter in the league for 10 years. Seems to me, the Cutler you've already seen is the Cutler you're gonna have. If he were in his second or third year and was a player with a great attitude, then sure, I'd be a little more optimistic he could make some dramatic improvements. But since he's neither young nor particularly well known for a great attitude, I'm skeptical he'll ever be more than what he currently is.

A .500 QB who's never had a season better than plus +10 (TDs/Ints)

And we didn't even touch on his fumbling.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:22 AM   #15
azguy
Banned

Quote:
If Cutler can continue to progress, the Bears may be able to contend.
Old 27 July 2016, 03:21 AM   #16
Bakasana
Banned

Interesting story lines:
- Pats... even if they go 2-2, then Tom can go on his F-U Tour v.2.0 and lead them to another 10+ win season. They should win the East again. They are the faves.
- Bengals... how do they respond after that disastrous playoff loss?
- Steelers... that offense is dynamic. Tomlin has one last run with Big Ben.
- Hue Jackson... can he inject any life into that horrid organization?
- Colts: Luck is back. But that front office has done a bad job in a) protecting him b) building a decent D for his efforts.
- I'm interested in whether the Jags or Titans can starting moving forward.
- The Raiders look like they are finally on their way up with Mack (I'm expecting huge sack #s), Carr, A.Cooper and that beast of an OL.
- Broncos... life without Manning.
- The battle of the NFC East: Anyone can win that division.
- How do the Panthers bounce back after that stellar campaign without a title?
- GB vs. Minn - the run for the division title will be fin there.
- Rams in LA...
- Seattle... do they have one more run in 'em?
- Cardinals are contenders, but can Matty Ice bounce back?

Some stuff I'm looking forward to.
Bakasana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 10:22 AM   #17
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasana View Post
Interesting story lines:
- Pats... even if they go 2-2, then Tom can go on his F-U Tour v.2.0 and lead them to another 10+ win season. They should win the East again. They are the faves.
- Colts: Luck is back. But that front office has done a bad job in a) protecting him b) building a decent D for his efforts.
- The Raiders look like they are finally on their way up with Mack (I'm expecting huge sack #s), Carr, A.Cooper and that beast of an OL.
- Rams in LA...

Nice summary! It won't be long now.
Old 31 July 2016, 08:52 AM   #18
Drudge
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasana View Post
Interesting story lines:
- Rams in LA...

- Can Chip Kelly retool/rework his offense to work in NFL (I think this is his last chance)
- Can Kaepernick revitalize his career and be that QB that led the Niners to three straight NFC title games.

Sorry just a hopeful 49ers fan hoping for the best but definitely not expecting much.
Drudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:27 AM   #19
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Go Hawks!
We resigned Browner so the original "legion of boom" is back together. This should help as we asked Sherman to do way to much last year. He was running all over the field to cover up holes. Our scheme is really designed for man to man so hopefully they can get back to playing defense like 2013.
If the offense is consistent at all, I think they will have a chance again.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 05:45 AM   #20
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
as long as my fantasy team doesnt crap the bed this year i will be happy. bunch of bums let me down right before the playoffs last year.

i dont follow any NFL teams closely. i've given up on the redskins and the dolphins are a walking debacle.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 05:47 AM   #21
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Love that the Jets resigned Mo, terrified Geno is our starter..
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 08:31 AM   #22
THC

Watch: 16610M
Stupid Saints... My beloved Saints... Brees contract talks have been dormant for 3 months.. does upper management really want this gnat buzzing around Drew's brain all year? Loomis will Doomus

P.S. Great thread Abdullah
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 09:56 AM   #23
towernick
Banned

Any other new Rams season ticket holders here? If so, we should organize a big TRF tailgate.
towernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 10:12 AM   #24
azguy
Banned

Everyone should watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeD-y6-KTlM
Old 27 July 2016, 11:24 AM   #25
seand442
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
Niners fan by blood, Cards fan by location. Hopefully, the niners upgrade from the dumpster fire they were last year with Chip at the helm. They will prob end up being a high speed dumpster fire. The Cards on the other hand will be interesting. If Carson can forget about that nightmare in Charlotte, and the honey badger comes back healthy, they will be fun to watch. If Carson's head isn't right, it's gonna be a long year in my house.
Old 27 July 2016, 03:49 PM   #26
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I'm in buffalo so I look forward to seeing some more cruel heartbreaking losses.

Hopefully the defensive front looks A LOT better this year without Mario Williams slacking a**. If not, very dissapointing.

Also interesting that we don't have an offer for Tyrod Taylor. I'm afraid if he looks good this year, we won't be able to afford him I am looking for him to continue to take care of the ball while hopefully becoming more comfortable in the pocket and getting the passing game going.

No sympathy for Brady sympathizers sorry but hating the patriots is about as buffalo as snow and chicken wings. (Ps I'll be looking to sneak him in my fantasy drafts if he's slept on )
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:44 PM   #27
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I'm in buffalo so I look forward to seeing some more cruel heartbreaking losses.

Hopefully the defensive front looks A LOT better this year without Mario Williams slacking a**. If not, very dissapointing.

Also interesting that we don't have an offer for Tyrod Taylor. I'm afraid if he looks good this year, we won't be able to afford him I am looking for him to continue to take care of the ball while hopefully becoming more comfortable in the pocket and getting the passing game going.

No sympathy for Brady sympathizers sorry but hating the patriots is about as buffalo as snow and chicken wings. (Ps I'll be looking to sneak him in my fantasy drafts if he's slept on )
I hope Tyrod has a great year. He's fun to watch. If he stays healthy, I think he might just be priced out of Buffalo next year.
Old 28 July 2016, 12:25 AM   #28
axjimenez
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALL OF THEM
Well for me it is all about Kirk Cousins, is he a one year wonder or not. Redskins seems to have the right building plan now, but it really does revolve around him.

Sneaky suspicion the Pats, Packers, Seahawks and Pittsburgh will be the heavy favorites as the season progresses.
“It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.”

Rolex 114060
Omega SMP 2531.80
Vintage Omega - no idea but dad's watch
axjimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 12:54 AM   #29
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by axjimenez View Post
Well for me it is all about Kirk Cousins, is he a one year wonder or not. Redskins seems to have the right building plan now, but it really does revolve around him.

Sneaky suspicion the Pats, Packers, Seahawks and Pittsburgh will be the heavy favorites as the season progresses.
Too bad about Junior, but I like your secondary with Josh Norman.
Old 28 July 2016, 11:03 AM   #30
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Hey! My Lions signed Anquan Bolden, might be a decent replacement for Megatron, at least for one year.

(Yeah, I know, optimisim, but what the hell, we ALL have it about our teams at this point of the season).
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote