The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 October 2023, 02:32 AM   #31
Podmornica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojlund View Post
bitcoin is bottoming out and has been rising since 2,3 months ago. may be it's a sign that rolex price will start rising again.
Bwhahah, BTC is just doing a bull run in a major bear market trend, tf u talking about? You think BTC will go to the new ATH while the recession is looming across 90% of the world? The falling stock market will drag it down and smart money is now exiting into USD and will use the expensive dollar to buy the cheap stocks soon. Biggest money grab in history is unfolding IN front of out eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Wait, why would you waist a sellers time for a watch you had no interest in buying??
Someone has to tell those muppets that the buyers are now aware of the market switch.

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR - 10% OFF MSRP for 90% of the Rolex references - Immidiate aviilablity! At your local grey dealer there will be even better deals!
Podmornica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 02:37 AM   #32
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podmornica View Post
Bwhahah, BTC is just doing a bull run in a major bear market trend, tf u talking about? You think BTC will go to the new ATH while the recession is looming across 90% of the world? The falling stock market will drag it down and smart money is now exiting into USD and will use the expensive dollar to buy the cheap stocks soon. Biggest money grab in history is unfolding IN front of out eyes.

Someone has to tell those muppets that the buyers are now aware of the market switch.

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR - 10% OFF MSRP for 90% of the Rolex references - Immidiate aviilablity! At your local grey dealer there will be even better deals!

Pod! As always I love your passion! Low ball the used car dealers I mean used watch dealers and throw in a stick of gum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 03:00 AM   #33
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:

I'm 100% with you and I sincerely wish your prediction comes true. Not holding my breath anymore though.
Old 31 October 2023, 03:02 AM   #34
aarontkc
"TRF" Member

I hope so too, haha
aarontkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 03:19 AM   #35
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
I hope they get closer to msrp and I say that after having spent way over that on a couple pieces, not upset but also want some normalcy.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 03:32 AM   #36
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBartlett View Post
Markets are based on emotion. The product doesn't change but the sentiment does.

That confidence is draining out means prices will continue to fall until confidence returns. Maybe 18 months or so..TBC

Watch for other factors such as house prices starting to rise then the market is turning and the market will strengthen again. (not to covid crisis nonsense levels)
This above!
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 04:17 AM   #37
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbartlett View Post
markets are based on emotion. The product doesn't change but the sentiment does.

That confidence is draining out means prices will continue to fall until confidence returns. Maybe 18 months or so..tbc

watch for other factors such as house prices starting to rise then the market is turning and the market will strengthen again. (not to covid crisis nonsense levels)
+1.
Old 31 October 2023, 05:29 AM   #38
PCD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Noticing some 126610LV’s selling under $14K.
Sure SS Daytona and some other will always be hard to get.
All I have to say is………….YES!
The question is how much lower does it need to push before we say "ok, I accept this version of our new norm"
PCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 05:54 AM   #39
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrolex View Post
it’s happening

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
never!!!!
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 06:33 AM   #40
LndLord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
LVs were never popular before the hype. They collected dust in the AD display case waiting for the local Grey to purchase in a bundle with all the diamond-crusted lady datejusts.
Yes, LV were never popular and consider a ugly watch because of the bright green
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 06:43 AM   #41
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxpenguins View Post
Depends on the model. Blue Sky Dweller SS, Blro (Pepsi), Daytona etc - Still selling waaaay above MSRP and will do forever more.
But prices are slipping - 116500LN white dial $27500 now for used - sold on Moda the other day. When the 126500LNs appear frequently, I'd imagine they'll come below $25000. Black dials almost there already. Blue dial Sky's a massive reduction (saw one on oyster below $20K).
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 06:53 AM   #42
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:

Bitcoin will blow through previous ATH over next 12 months due to ETF’s, increasing institutional demands, and the network halving in April.

Long term bond prices will rise as Fed starts to relax on rates. Stocks will respond as well. Markets are forward predictors of recessions. The drops we’ve already seen probably are close to the bottoms for all 3 of those assets long term. Short term volatility will remain, of course.

Any near term recession will be short and shallow, so buy those cheap watches now before the trend reverses.
TC94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 07:40 AM   #43
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
With the extent of “the craze” during the Covid years, I honestly thought things would just keep rising indefinitely…it really felt that way. Seeing this now, I believe what many said about “what goes up must come down,” or to that effect. Still, the past experience makes me wonder if it’s possible for that to happen again. We don’t know the future, so certainly any global economic event can have unexpected effects. Still, nice to see more normalcy now.

And that’s why you short when people start saying, “this time is different,” etc etc

I’m still surprised people legitimately thought that environment was sustainable (not calling you out, specifically)

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 08:26 AM   #44
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLord View Post
Yes, LV were never popular and consider a ugly watch because of the bright green
Rolex sells all of them produced, so some people mighty disagree with you.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2023, 11:43 PM   #45
Sigmak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxpenguins View Post
Depends on the model. Blue Sky Dweller SS, Blro (Pepsi), Daytona etc - Still selling waaaay above MSRP and will do forever more.
Exactly! IMO too
Sigmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 12:33 AM   #46
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
There's a previously worn WG Pepsi on DavidSW's site that is $4K below MSRP.
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 01:46 AM   #47
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I think interest rates have a lot to do with this. Just try and sell a nautilus or a royal oak. I think overall the economy is doing ok all things considered now, but if for some reason, rates drop fairly soon, I think many asset classes will see rapid appreciation. If rates stand pat, then not so much. Personally, I hope that we have a relatively soft or no landing with some reasonable price stability.
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 03:21 AM   #48
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I can remember in the late 70's and early 80's just about all models sold under retail and secondary market (preowned) was at least half that.

Heck, I can remember a sales associate offering extra gifts along with a hefty discount just to sweeten the pot so to speak!

Of course the thing called Hype and internet was not invented yet. Ahh, the good old days!
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 03:25 AM   #49
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLord View Post
And still considered that way by many!
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 03:51 AM   #50
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
And still considered that way by many!
Too much green kills the green vibe
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 04:16 AM   #51
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
I can remember in the late 70's and early 80's just about all models sold under retail and secondary market (preowned) was at least half that.

Heck, I can remember a sales associate offering extra gifts along with a hefty discount just to sweeten the pot so to speak!

Of course the thing called Hype and internet was not invented yet. Ahh, the good old days!
I was getting 20% off SS professional Rolex just 8-9 years ago. Pretty much anything outside of GMT ceramic or Daytona. PM 25%+
Old 1 November 2023, 04:21 AM   #52
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Sure SS Daytona and some other will always be hard to get.
What many youngsters don't realize is that Daytona rarity is not a new thing. They've always been limited in production, it just got worse when they came out with the ceramic bezel and for some reason, it became the thing to get.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 06:58 AM   #53
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Wait, why would you waist a sellers time for a watch you had no interest in buying??
He really taught that seller a lesson!!!!!!!

Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 07:19 AM   #54
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Hopefully prices stay "down" long enough to chase the gougers and posers out of the business of selling watches. Those doing honest business selling at fair prices will remain.
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 10:42 PM   #55
Wrist King
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 Sub, 16710 P
In Hk prices in grey dealers are $1-1.5k below on this forum. $12,300 for 12LV and $13,800 on Hulks

Wrist King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 10:45 PM   #56
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrist King View Post
In Hk prices in grey dealers are $1-1.5k below on this forum. $12,300 for 12LV and $13,800 on Hulks

Was in HK last month. No bargains to be had, really.
Old 1 November 2023, 10:51 PM   #57
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
Hopefully prices stay "down" long enough to chase the gougers and posers out of the business of selling watches. Those doing honest business selling at fair prices will remain.
I don't blame the Greys. Back in "the good old days" one could get any watch at 10-15% discount from places like Takuya, DavidSW, OCWatchguy etc. They were still making money. People only went to ADs for the champagne experience.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 10:55 PM   #58
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
There is no doubt the crowd willing to pay over retail for a used watch appears to be shrinking.
Indeed, I know some not willing to pay retail either.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2023, 11:40 PM   #59
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
Was in HK last month. No bargains to be had, really.
I was there early this year. Thought everything was over priced in relation to the rest of the world.. Same as Japan and Singapore lots of nice watches, no attractive prices
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote