The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 August 2006, 10:32 AM   #1
----

Project watch update

Well, decided to get back to the ETA 2836-2 movement today - it's been a while since I've worked on it and it was calling to me......

I'm putting this together as a Xmas present for my nephew. I'm telling him now that he has to pay for it, but I'll end up giving it to him in the end (need to spread the mechanical watch bug to the family as much as possible - I gave my other nephew a Seiko 5 mechanical). I'm trying to get from him what he wants in terms of dials, hands, and strap, but as with many people his age (early to mid 20's) getting him to actually make up his mind is nearly impossible - at least this has been my experience.......

He said he wants blued hands on a black face, but that will be impossible to read, but I can't convince him of that.

Anyway, put the dials and hands on today so I can test the timing and date change. I personally like this combo....

Here is proof that it runs.

http://media.putfile.com/Dereks-Watch

So we'll see how it keeps time, and then see if I can get him to make up his mind about the dial and hands, then I can case it all. It will be nice to have thos one behind me so I can go back to working on some vintage movements I have lying around.