The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 May 2021, 07:02 AM   #11
accountank2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN, 79220R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Wow. How would they know a “flipper” ordered one
Both they and Ming (the other 10-min auction a few weeks back) said they would be reviewing the orders to exclude people who were registered multiple times or were 'known' flippers.

I don't know where they get such knowledge from. Surely any fool can just create a new Gmail or Microsoft email address or get a new one from their ISP ; everyone who wants to place ten orders will have ten friends or family members to take delivery, plus a home address and a work address etc etc, more than one credit card, more than one email address etc.

If they are a grey dealer, they can order the watch for delivery using their personal funds to their home address rather than the address from which they trade to make it look like they aren't ordering it to their trading venue.

If Kurono or Ming are legit going to get thousands of orders with valid payment, and then cancel hundreds or thousands of them, that implies they really don't want the hundreds of thousands or millions of revenue offered to them, in the name of morality, which is amazing for a small brand.

I'm skeptical though. I suspect they just want to be seen to be saying they discourage flippers because that's what the fans want to hear. If they didn't want people to flip their watch for more than MSRP, the two practical options are to have a higher MSRP or to produce more watches from each batch - both of which are easy things for a profitable watch house to do.
accountank2000 is offline   Reply With Quote