The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 August 2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Rolesor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
My Rolex DateJust One week Review! *Modem Burner*

Well guys it's officially been just over a week of ownership and my beautiful DJ has not left my wrist! I almost feel bad for my other watches but then I look at my wrist and those feelings go away pretty quickly Here's my quick review along with a plethora of pictures :)

Dial: The dial is spectacular looking - completely worth the back order wait! It looks different in every lighting but it always remains perfectly legible and easy to read. Some times it looks like a flat blue, other times the concentric circles jump right off it - No matter what the big white Arabics *pop* right off the dial.

Movement: I don't know nearly as much about the movement as I should (aside from the basics that almost everybody knows) but I can speak to it's performance. In a word - SPECTACULAR!

After 8 days the watch has settled in and remains at +3 seconds TOTAL. It took a few days of variation but it has actually remained steady at +3 for the last 4 days and even checking it a minute ago it remains the same. I couldn't ask for more!

Bezel: The fluted bezel is stunning; I'm not sure what else to say about it! In bright lighting it almost looks like diamonds sparkling - I absolutely love it!

Bracelet: Super rugged and classy at the same time and still extremely comfortable!

Yes the PCL's show smudges and what not BUT only the clasp is showing scratches so far!

Clasp: I love the new style clasp - personally I think it's a great upgrade from the old style and definitely does it's job well. The watch has never popped open and I've put it under some decent pressure in my daily wear. Once again I'm very happy!

In summary: I LOVE THIS WATCH. It's dressy yet casual enough to wear every day and at 36mm it's the perfect size for my 7.5 inch wrist. I definitely made the right choice in my first Rolex and I never plan on selling this baby!

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Close Up 2.jpg (67.4 KB, 4641 views)
File Type: jpg Table Mat 1.jpg (104.7 KB, 4576 views)
File Type: jpg Table Mat 2.jpg (81.7 KB, 4524 views)
File Type: jpg Table Mat 3.jpg (95.2 KB, 4522 views)
File Type: jpg Table Mat 4.jpg (97.3 KB, 4515 views)
File Type: jpg Wrist Shot 1.jpg (69.5 KB, 4524 views)
File Type: jpg Wrist Shot 3.jpg (84.3 KB, 4487 views)
File Type: jpg Wrist Shot 4.jpg (75.4 KB, 4477 views)
File Type: jpg Close Up 1.jpg (73.4 KB, 4454 views)