The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 March 2006, 02:05 AM   #1
Mort
"TRF" Member

Maurice Lacroix Phase Lune 1 year review

Hi Everyone,

I want to post my one year review on my TT Maurice Lacroix Phase Lune.

I bought this watch while I was on a cruise last year in Grand Cayman. I was purchased at Grand Swiss, a store just about a block from Kirk. I did not set out to buy a ML, as all I knew of the brand was just seeing them in some watch rags. I did know I wanted to buy a watch on my trip as a souviner. I have always wanted a watch that had a some complecations, but never found many that I really liked except from stuff that was out of my budget like JLC , Lange, GO, and a few others. It had to be all gold or two tone. Well I found it.

Specs:The watch is 38mm, automatic with triple date and moon phase. It has a 25 Jewel ML modified ETA Movement with both front and back sapphire crystals. The dial is 925 sterling with luminous hands and 6 & 12 Arabic numerals. The watch came with a tan Teju Lizard strap with buckle, which I replaced it with a heavy padded Hadley Roma Alligator strap with a folding deployment clasp. The fit and finish of this watch is top notch. It is built like watches that cost twice the price, and feels real good on the wrist. I get complements on it all the time.

Movement:I know as most of us here prefer watches like Rolex and other highend brands that have in house movements. I have been the same way, but I have to say this ETA movement has been very accurate and has not missed a beat. From me doing a simple regulating(using the US Atomic time site) the watch for over a year and not letting it ever run dead but once, the watch looses just a couple of seconds a week. That to me is pretty good. The only complaint would be the power reserve. The one time it went dead, I did not put it back on the winder when I switched watches for a day and a half and it was stopped. All my Rolex's and my vintage Omega stay running for the same amount of time when left off the winder, or wrist. That would be a problem with having to reset all the complecations if I let it die for a long period. Also the instructions tell you do not make any setting changes from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am.

End result: I have to say I love this watch and really like the brand in general. If I had to do it over again, and could afforded it, I would of gone for the all pink gold model. I would not have any problem buying another ML down the line. When I put this watch on as part of my most daily rotation, I sometimes end up wearing it for a week strait, just because I like it so much. ML's regulator watches are becoming more popular among watch collectors and I hope to get one down the line.

http://www.mauricelacroix.com/en/html/html_frameset.php

Last edited by Mort; 3 March 2006 at 02:09 AM..
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote