The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 July 2008, 03:04 PM   #1
dbernard01
"TRF" Member

Waited 10 years! Totally worth it!

I would like to start out this post by saying 'Thank You' to all the members of TRF for allowing me to lurk on your site for the past several weeks. There's some entertaining stuff in these fourms.

Anyway, I had been drooling over the white Explorer II for over 10 years and I'm sure you're all too familiar with hurdles we must jump to actually get our hands on our first Rolex; these things ain't cheep!

After watching the price jump anywhere from $500 to $800 per year, I decided that stashing an odd $50 - $100 here and there was probably never going to help me land my dream watch anytime soon but I needed to pull the trigger fast before another jump. I got some good info regarding Grey Dealers from this site and also some fantastic referrals to AD's in my area. My previous AD expirence was the typical mall 'no discount' line - frustrating.

I was able to arrange a purchase from a local AD who took great care of me and never let me know that he was annoyed with me calling every two to three days to see if my watch had arrived; it was already on order for the store's inventory.

To put an end to this rambling - my phone rang on Saturday - you can all figure out what happened next.

I'm now a proud owner of an Explorer II - White Dial, M Serial and I'm pretty sure it passed the stupid wiggle test!

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

db
dbernard01 is offline   Reply With Quote