The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 March 2020, 09:10 AM   #1
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
NH, ME AD Closing Due to Covid-19

Received this email today from Springers.

Dear Friends,
After consulting a wide array of professional resources and very careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to close our retail stores for the time being. All of the research suggests that COVID-19 will only be contained when we take meaningful steps to introduce social distancing practices, which is proving too difficult to do in such an intimate shopping environment.
We are, however, still here to assist you during this time! We are checking our email daily and look forward to helping you. Please visit our store pages on how to reach us via email:
Bath
Portland
Portsmouth
Also know, that we are always open online. We do offer free shipping for all of our online orders - please just give us a couple of extra days to process your order.
If you have an appointment scheduled in the next two weeks, we will be reaching out to reschedule your appointment. If you have a repair or special order, we will also be in touch about the best way to deliver your item during this time.
Rest assured, we've seen a lot in our 150 years. Springer’s has weathered many storms and we've always come out the other side stronger. For four generations, we have celebrated life's most important moments, and we look forward to celebrating many more with you for generations to come.
As a community, we are in this together, and only together, will we overcome this. We already have some ideas on how we can support our community during this time of need, and look forward to sharing them with you when we are able!
Stay well, and we will see you soon!
Lilly Mullen
President
P.S. Please visit www.cdc.gov for more information on what you can do to prepare as well as to prevent the spread of the virus in our community.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 09:25 AM   #2
fed_fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
Hopefully ADs have rainy day funds set aside...would hate to see these family business close up shop. Last thing we need is another Jared the Galleria of Jewelry.
fed_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Epidemik
"TRF" Member

unfortunate pandemic.. stay safe everybody
Epidemik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 12:15 PM   #4
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epidemik View Post
unfortunate pandemic.. stay safe everybody
Unfortunate username on your part too.

I too feel badly for my AD which is a family business that recently spent millions building a new shop to house a massive Rolex area and to become a certified RSC.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 12:21 PM   #5
adawil2002
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16550 Explorer II
Received that e-mail too.
6284 SS, 16014 SS Jubilee silver stick, 16253 TT Blue Thunderbird, 16550 SS Exp II Cream, bought in 1986, 116400GV Z-blue Milgauss, 79260 Tudor, 116660 DSSD-Blue, 116500LV Daytona White, 116710 BLNR, 326934 Blue Skydweller
adawil2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 12:30 PM   #6
nightmyth
"TRF" Member

I placed 50% deposit with one of their stores and still waiting on the watch. Am I screwed?
nightmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Ticknaway
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Well unfortunately a lot of AD s will be closing mostly on a temp basis, some permanently. Especially since Rolex is also ceasing production for awhile. It might get tough for sometime, let’s hope it passes quickly! Stay safe people.
Ticknaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 01:08 PM   #8
jburson250
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmyth View Post
I placed 50% deposit with one of their stores and still waiting on the watch. Am I screwed?
Nope, you're not screwed.
IMO Springer's is the finest AD on earth - friendly, honest and transparent.
There's five six-digit pro's listed in my sig. All from Springer's in '18 and '19.

Stay well and keep the faith. You'll get your watch.

Explorer 214270.
Sea-Dweller 126600.
Sea-Dweller Deepsea 126660 Black.
Submariner 5512.
PAM 514 Radiomir 1940.
Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37.
Speedmaster Moonphase 304.33.44.52.01.001.
RIP JJ
jburson250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 01:14 PM   #9
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
What’s unfortunate to me is how people on TRF and in public were talking “hoax” and “media hype” just a few days ago and some people consequently were not taking seriously the necessary precautions to keep people safe. I Sincerely hope everyone here stays safe...
Old 17 March 2020, 01:18 PM   #10
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Seems to me like they are going to keep conducting business... I would imagine they receive a huge number of emails and calls - they could continue to conduct business, as they say and ship out the items. Of course, this is problemtized by Rolex shutting down. But who knows - they may have some watches tucked away at the back of the safe for times just like this?
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 10:49 PM   #11
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Received this email today from Springers.

Dear Friends,
After consulting a wide array of professional resources and very careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to close our retail stores for the time being. All of the research suggests that COVID-19 will only be contained when we take meaningful steps to introduce social distancing practices, which is proving too difficult to do in such an intimate shopping environment.
We are, however, still here to assist you during this time! We are checking our email daily and look forward to helping you. Please visit our store pages on how to reach us via email:
Bath
Portland
Portsmouth
Also know, that we are always open online. We do offer free shipping for all of our online orders - please just give us a couple of extra days to process your order.
If you have an appointment scheduled in the next two weeks, we will be reaching out to reschedule your appointment. If you have a repair or special order, we will also be in touch about the best way to deliver your item during this time.
Rest assured, we've seen a lot in our 150 years. Springer’s has weathered many storms and we've always come out the other side stronger. For four generations, we have celebrated life's most important moments, and we look forward to celebrating many more with you for generations to come.
As a community, we are in this together, and only together, will we overcome this. We already have some ideas on how we can support our community during this time of need, and look forward to sharing them with you when we are able!
Stay well, and we will see you soon!
Lilly Mullen
President
P.S. Please visit www.cdc.gov for more information on what you can do to prepare as well as to prevent the spread of the virus in our community.
Quote:
See the underlined, bolded text above; you'll be fine!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 11:33 PM   #12
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Expect almost all ADs to close temporarily as mall traffic and shopping traffic in general comes to a halt. Even if not ordered to close the risk far out weigh the benefits of keeping a store open and risking infection.
Last thing a store needs is the stigma of it being infected, best to close keeping employees and customers safe and their image untarnished. It takes courage to shut down one's business before being ordered to do so. Cudos to Springers and others like them.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2020, 11:35 PM   #13
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I've heard from quite a few yesterday that made the same decision.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2020, 12:37 PM   #14
Drew.g.l
Banned

Quote:
Have you received your watch from them yet? I’m in a similar situation...
Drew.g.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2020, 01:33 PM   #15
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Sorry to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote