The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 14 June 2023, 12:37 AM   #1
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
Sorry to hear OP’s loss, from the news article and conversations here, it seems he doesn’t want his identity to be leaked out and maybe that’s why he’s not giving up the serial number? Although unless someone is working at Rolex I doubt someone can find owner information with a serial number, so it is puzzling why he wouldn’t want to share if unless he’s a flipper who doesn’t want to get outed by Rolex.

On another note, I’ve heard way too many Craigslist horror stories (people getting maced/beaten and robbed of their phones, etc.) that if I was to sell one of my watches I would just use Chrono24. Getting a picture of their license or getting their phone number means nothing nowadays; even 15 year old kids can get their hands on high quality fake licenses to buy booze with and there are apps to give you temporary fake phone numbers. Face to face transaction just opens you up to more risk nowadays I feel.
Old 14 June 2023, 01:32 AM   #2
Cloudchaser
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watching
Extrapolation to victim actually being a flipper is a quantum leap at best. This flipper as bogeyman is clearly a burr in your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post
Sorry to hear OP’s loss, from the news article and conversations here, it seems he doesn’t want his identity to be leaked out and maybe that’s why he’s not giving up the serial number? Although unless someone is working at Rolex I doubt someone can find owner information with a serial number, so it is puzzling why he wouldn’t want to share if unless he’s a flipper who doesn’t want to get outed by Rolex.

On another note, I’ve heard way too many Craigslist horror stories (people getting maced/beaten and robbed of their phones, etc.) that if I was to sell one of my watches I would just use Chrono24. Getting a picture of their license or getting their phone number means nothing nowadays; even 15 year old kids can get their hands on high quality fake licenses to buy booze with and there are apps to give you temporary fake phone numbers. Face to face transaction just opens you up to more risk nowadays I feel.

Tags
228206 , california , robbery , rolex , theft