The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 15 October 2023, 04:37 AM   #1
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
6917: Rolliworks does it again!

Long story short, my passion for watches has rubbed off on my wife so we recently talked about a Rolex for her. We are not in the position to pay $10k plus for a new model so to plan for when that’s an option, we visited an AD that sells a lot of preowned ladies models so she could see some options. To my surprises, she likes the 26 and 28mm models, which work well with her tiny wrists.

That same weekend, I saw this 6917 being auctioned on the Moda <$10k group and purchased it from Richard Wright dba My Watch Dude. Shipping was easy and he packaged the watch well. The head looked good on arrival and we knew the bracelet was super stretched so that wasn’t a surprised.

I purchased a knock-off bracelet so she could wear the piece in a wedding. In the meantime, I sent the original bracelet to Rolliworks for repair. I selected polishing level “6” and shipped it off. The repair was done earlier than anticipated and shipping was easy.

We put the original bracelet on this morning and it looks great! Wife will have to get used to hollow end links but I think she’ll get over it.

I have posted some before and after pics and once again, I’m thrilled with RW’s work. It looks and feels great and wife is happy! (Pic with accessory bracelet is with the knock off bracelet).

Thank you, RW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6093.jpeg (95.1 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpeg 71582276179__88560480-5004-4F71-B52F-B897078B7302.jpeg (67.6 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6136.jpeg (71.4 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6231.jpeg (68.9 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6232.jpeg (49.1 KB, 352 views)
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 07:58 PM   #2
BluE46
"TRF" Member

Looks tight. I didn't know you could select levels of polishing. Good to know if I ever polish anything
BluE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2023, 02:00 AM   #3
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Looks like they did a great job
996marty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2023, 02:13 AM   #4
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

I’m in the exact same boat with my wife’s older DJ. If you wouldn’t mind, how much did that bracelet restoration cost? PM me if you don’t want to post it here. Thanks
S’portEye is online now   Reply With Quote