The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 October 2023, 01:50 PM   #1
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

London Jewelers - Short Hills Mall

Has anyone been there lately? Just wondering if they have any of the new 2023 models on display as exhibition pieces, specifically the new Sky Dwellers - mint green and rose gold blue models.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 02:19 PM   #2
russ86
"TRF" Member

I visited the store last year while I was visiting NY, and honestly, it felt like they prioritized hiring nastiest staff and salespeople.

Last edited by russ86; 3 October 2023 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Grammatical edit
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 05:17 PM   #3
doctj
"TRF" Member

A month or two ago I went to one of their NY/LI location.
They didn’t have any sky dweller on display.

Wasn’t the warmest experience with an AD unfortunately
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 08:52 PM   #4
2thdock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I’ve bought two watches this year from the Short Hills Boutique. I found the store to be excellent. My wife and I both really liked our SA, Christopher Grey. He follows up very well and even sent me a hello months later to see how I was. No sales pressure. Of course he liked us as well, which likely makes a difference. I have not been in since May so I cannot answer the OPs question, but they had a lot of display watches.
Old 3 October 2023, 11:20 PM   #5
lawyerdude
"TRF" Member

For the area I think they have the most display models. I don’t know about the sky dweller, but they didn’t have the 1908 last week, they actually had a Cellini on display.
lawyerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 08:33 AM   #6
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

My wife and I are planning on visiting the Short Hills mall tomorrow and will stop by London Jewelers to see what’s on display. I’ll post an update tomorrow evening. I’m hoping they have the new rose gold blue skydweller on display.
Old 4 November 2023, 09:36 AM   #7
Inthesticks
"TRF" Member

I'm a fan of London jewelers. This past summer they practically had the entire Rolex catalogue in exhibition pieces at the Nassau county store.
Inthesticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 09:46 AM   #8
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Stopped bothering to stop by since you have to wait in line like a peasant to see nothing.
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 09:55 AM   #9
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know why they no longer sell Rolex in the Oculus location near World Trade Center? Still have Tudor — can’t image the stopped by choice…
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 01:21 PM   #10
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerlsu2008 View Post
Does anyone know why they no longer sell Rolex in the Oculus location near World Trade Center? Still have Tudor — can’t image the stopped by choice…
I talked to the manager at the Oculus location back when they still had Rolex. He said they didn’t get as many as some of their other locations, presumably due to the saturation of Rolex dealers in Manhattan. I wasn’t surprised when they quit selling the brand.

PS: I have been in that store twice and both times was treated very courteously and they were happy to show me a bunch of watches with no pressure to buy.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 09:39 AM   #11
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Had a huge selection of exhibition pieces. My wife and I were able to try on a few of the pieces we really liked and never saw in person before. The store was extremely busy.

Was able to try on a yellow gold DD with white Roman dial, rose gold DD with chocolate diamond dial, rose gold chocolate Sky Dweller on oyster flex, my wife loved the blue floral motif datejust and also the rose gold dd with diamond bezel and the new aventurine stone dial. Watch was a stunner.

We put our names down for a few pieces, and will hope for the best. Had a great experience.
Old 5 November 2023, 10:32 AM   #12
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

About a year ago walked into the East Hampton store on LI. The SA wanted to bundle me to buy something I did not need. I walked out.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote