The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 16 February 2023, 02:10 PM   #1
DK3
"TRF" Member

Beware of Timepiece Trading LLC - Unprofessionalism

I contacted Timepiece Trading (TPT) and purchased a Patek 5726 watch. It turns out that they did not have the watch in stock and did not disclose that until the purchase was made. It took them several weeks to finally source the watch once they were paid.

Sean and Ethan at TPT apologized for the delay and promised that they would send a watch winder as an apology. They never did nor have they had the courtesy to return my phone call or text messages to them.

Once they received the funds they stopped communicating with me and have never made good on their promise. I have texted Ethan specifically several times in the past 4 months with zero response.

Stay away from Timepiece Trading Company. Sean and Ethan are not trustworthy. Stick with trusted sellers on the forums.

They are a totally unprofessional company. They have no care for customer service and make false promises. I would stay away from them.
DK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 02:32 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
You’re lucky it was just a winder you missed out on. That’s what you’re saying, right?

Anyway, most here would be shocked if they knew how many of the nice pictures and listings never mean they’re in possession of the watches. I’ve even asked a few sellers over the last few years if they in fact ‘had’ the watches I wanted and the wordsalad was quite entertaining.

Never ever buy unless the watch is in the hands of who’s getting your money.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 04:54 AM   #3
SeanTPT
"TRF" Member

Hi OP,

Just to shed some light on your topic ~ We do apologize for the inconvience here and would love to speak in the future in order to repair our relationship with you, however..there are a few FACTS that must be posted on this topic as to correct some of the incorrect statements above.

- You ordered this watch and we specifically stated in text we are sourcing the watch for you and it will take 7-10 days to arrive.
- The order took longer then anticipated due to fedex shipping delay from overseas (also stated), we offered to compensate for the delay with a free winder up to $400.
- You inquired about a $600 winder rather then the $400 winder and we obliged.
- We encountered issues when ordering the winder which caused delay of delivery of the free winder. In which at some point we neglected to complete your winder delivery.
- We INCORRECTLY and Unfairly did not follow up with you regarding your winder delivery, which is 100% a mistake which was corrected by our behalf as of 2/15/2022 in which I've provided you tracking + delivery information for your free winder.
- You never contacted me (Sean) directly or spoke to me directly before 2/15/2022. I didn't have your phone number or contact before then, you were speaking with Ethan in which at some point he did stop communication with you, not on purpose but still a mistake in which he feels horrible about and we sincerely apologize for as you should have received your winder much earlier then actual delivery.
- We never once stopped communication with you throughout the delivery of your timepiece.
- I understand you are upset regarding the situation as you should be, but to say that we are untrustworthy or took your money and stopped contacting you is 100% incorrect. We in fact had excellent communication with you throughout the entirety of your delivery process but neglected to properly deliver your complimentary gift that was offered due to the shipping delay. Thank you
SeanTPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 08:29 AM   #4
DK3
"TRF" Member

"Ghosting" a customer for any reason after a watch purchase should be acceptable to anyone. It is not about the watch winder, it is about having the courtesy to communicate with a buyer when they try to reach out to you after a sale. If this is how they operate with something this pitty I would hate to see what would happen if something went wrong with the actual watch.

Stay away from Ethan and Sean and Timepiece Trading. Use trusted sellers that will communicate with you.

Here are the facts.

Direct text on Nov 22 to Ethan - no response
Direct text Dec 1 to Ethan - no response
Direct text on Dec 8th to Ethan - no response
Direct text on Jan 4th to Ethan- no response
Phone Call to Ethan on Jan 6th - no response
Direct text to Ethan for Sean to call me on Feb 7th - no response
Post on Rolex forums on Feb 16th - FINALLY a response

If you don't consider 6 attempts to communicate from November - February with Timpiece directly unprofessional then I cannot help you understand that it is not appropriate and that is why people should be concerned about purchasing from TPT. The only communication that has occurred back from you is when I made this post. Thank goodness we have a forum to make sellers accountable for how they treat customers.
DK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2023, 05:20 AM   #5
ibzk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTPT View Post
Hi OP,

Just to shed some light on your topic ~ We do apologize for the inconvience here and would love to speak in the future in order to repair our relationship with you, however..there are a few FACTS that must be posted on this topic as to correct some of the incorrect statements above.

- You ordered this watch and we specifically stated in text we are sourcing the watch for you and it will take 7-10 days to arrive.
- The order took longer then anticipated due to fedex shipping delay from overseas (also stated), we offered to compensate for the delay with a free winder up to $400.
- We encountered issues when ordering the winder which caused delay of delivery of the free winder. In which at some point we neglected to complete your winder delivery.
- We INCORRECTLY and Unfairly did not follow up with you regarding your winder delivery, which is 100% a mistake which was corrected by our behalf as of 2/15/2022 in which I've provided you tracking + delivery information for your free winder.
- You never contacted me (Sean) directly or spoke to me directly before 2/15/2022. I didn't have your phone number or contact before then, you were speaking with Ethan in which at some point he did stop communication with you, not on purpose but still a mistake in which he feels horrible about and we sincerely apologize for as you should have received your winder much earlier then actual delivery.
- We never once stopped communication with you throughout the delivery of your timepiece.
- I understand you are upset regarding the situation as you should be, but to say that we are untrustworthy or took your money and stopped contacting you is 100% incorrect. We in fact had excellent communication with you throughout the entirety of your delivery process but neglected to properly deliver your complimentary gift that was offered due to the shipping delay. Thank you
Sorry Sean but you just dug your own grave defending yourself on this.
I have complete sympathy for the OP and I would NEVER purchase from you or Ethan.
ibzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2023, 05:42 AM   #6
train-time
"TRF" Member

Definitely sounds like a place to avoid at all costs! Thanks for the real facts!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2023, 08:01 AM   #7
SeanTPT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK3 View Post
"Ghosting" a customer for any reason after a watch purchase should be acceptable to anyone. It is not about the watch winder, it is about having the courtesy to communicate with a buyer when they try to reach out to you after a sale. If this is how they operate with something this pitty I would hate to see what would happen if something went wrong with the actual watch.

Stay away from Ethan and Sean and Timepiece Trading. Use trusted sellers that will communicate with you.

Here are the facts.

Direct text on Nov 22 to Ethan - no response
Direct text Dec 1 to Ethan - no response
Direct text on Dec 8th to Ethan - no response
Direct text on Jan 4th to Ethan- no response
Phone Call to Ethan on Jan 6th - no response
Direct text to Ethan for Sean to call me on Feb 7th - no response
Post on Rolex forums on Feb 16th - FINALLY a response

If you don't consider 6 attempts to communicate from November - February with Timpiece directly unprofessional then I cannot help you understand that it is not appropriate and that is why people should be concerned about purchasing from TPT. The only communication that has occurred back from you is when I made this post. Thank goodness we have a forum to make sellers accountable for how they treat customers.

Hi OP,

As mentioned in the above post, we do apologize for the lack of communication regarding delivery of your winder. It is a mistake we have made and we are holding ourselves accountable for and hope to not encounter a similar issue ever again in the future. It's our deepest apologies to not respond to you regarding sending out your complimentary winder, a token of our apologies which should have been delivered. We regret this mistake and have since rectified it as you should have received your winder today in fact!

We stand on all of our transactions and all of our pieces that we provide to customers all over the world - I only ask that you will speak factually about the situation and not alter the story in order to make us look worse by stating things such as "we told you we had it in stock" and that we "received your money and stopped communicating with you" because both are not factual and incorrect and something we have never done. We in fact had incredible communication with you while delivering you your watch, but we fumbled the delivery of your gift after the fact, in which I agree 100% that was incorrect. Thank you and hope you have a fantastic weekend and thank you for your constructive feedback.
Old 18 February 2023, 09:59 AM   #8
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Good to know OP. Thanks for sharing. Adding to my list.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2023, 11:04 PM   #9
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK3 View Post
Thank goodness we have a forum to make sellers accountable for how they treat customers.
Did this transaction occur via TRF?

I agree we have a good forum to keep the sellers here accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2023, 12:33 AM   #10
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Watch their youtube videos, too many "bro's and Bruhs" for me. I doubt I'd get let in their door...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2023, 01:27 AM   #11
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Watch their youtube videos, too many "bro's and Bruhs" for me. I doubt I'd get let in their door...
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2023, 09:16 AM   #12
AlabamaLawyer1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I feel for the OP here. Good to know!

DM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 February 2023, 01:53 PM   #13
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Having purchased a piece from Sean in the past year, I can 100% vouch that he is highly communicative throughout the purchase process and I had absolutely no issues with him.

A few times after I contacted him on the "free swag" he had mentioned in passing as well as a VC bracelet and I think with the sheer number of emails/DMs these things do get put on the back burner and forgotten - not intentionally. I think when they are getting contacted on 6-7 figure pieces, an accessory can slip through the cracks.

So said another way, I think its fair to say they are A++++ on watches and maybe B or C on accessories.

Sean, bro - hope you don't mind my honest feedback :)- I highly recommend you for any timepieces. Probably not for accessories haha!

Quote:
Hi OP,

As mentioned in the above post, we do apologize for the lack of communication regarding delivery of your winder. It is a mistake we have made and we are holding ourselves accountable for and hope to not encounter a similar issue ever again in the future. It's our deepest apologies to not respond to you regarding sending out your complimentary winder, a token of our apologies which should have been delivered. We regret this mistake and have since rectified it as you should have received your winder today in fact!

We stand on all of our transactions and all of our pieces that we provide to customers all over the world - I only ask that you will speak factually about the situation and not alter the story in order to make us look worse by stating things such as "we told you we had it in stock" and that we "received your money and stopped communicating with you" because both are not factual and incorrect and something we have never done. We in fact had incredible communication with you while delivering you your watch, but we fumbled the delivery of your gift after the fact, in which I agree 100% that was incorrect. Thank you and hope you have a fantastic weekend and thank you for your constructive feedback.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2023, 07:30 AM   #14
PVR
"TRF" Member

Look, if the guys were truly "bad" they would have taken your money and never shipped you any watch. The fact they shipped the watch and it apparently was as described, shows me they are honest. Did they drop the ball by not responding to your texts? Hell yeah, that would piss me off too. Did they apologize? Yeah, they did. Do they deserve to be blacklisted? I dont think so.

Most grey market dealers list watches they dont have, thats part of the business. One guy owns it and 20 guys try and sell it with photos, social media and PR. They get the buyer then they get the profit. No risk of capital, no need to stock it... Should they disclose it? Yeah, they should. Should you ask for proof of possession before you pay? Yeah, you should.

The fact they care enough to read the forums and respond to me shows they care about their reputation and business. They clearly didnt handle the return of texts professionally. Maybe they are young, maybe they were stalling, but they should have responded and not ghosted you and for that they are liable.

They did offer a winder as compensation and I think thats cool. They realized they did wrong and mishandled the deal and made an offer to compensate. I have no dog in this fight, I never dealt with these guys before, but you can't just write them off as "bad" when they did in fact deliver the goods.

I have a feeling they will handle things differently in the future when something like this comes around. They don't want to deal with this BS and have it online for ever haunting them..
PVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2023, 08:41 AM   #15
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
I called around those Chrono dealers looking for my last VC and found the same. Don't actually have it. Can't source. No timeline. But feel free to pay up front.
Old 2 March 2023, 08:47 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
We must be old Jason
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 12:24 AM   #17
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Hi OP,

Excuses and more excuses
Dont be cute about sourcing watches
Own watches you are selling
Amd own up to Mistakes

Nico81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2023, 03:17 PM   #18
SeanTPT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
Having purchased a piece from Sean in the past year, I can 100% vouch that he is highly communicative throughout the purchase process and I had absolutely no issues with him.

A few times after I contacted him on the "free swag" he had mentioned in passing as well as a VC bracelet and I think with the sheer number of emails/DMs these things do get put on the back burner and forgotten - not intentionally. I think when they are getting contacted on 6-7 figure pieces, an accessory can slip through the cracks.

So said another way, I think its fair to say they are A++++ on watches and maybe B or C on accessories.

Sean, bro - hope you don't mind my honest feedback :)- I highly recommend you for any timepieces. Probably not for accessories haha!
Hi Brother,

Thank you for the honest feedback, we receive hundreds of inquiries a day and it can be overwhelming but we are putting systems in place to allow for not a single inquiry for any item $100 or $100,000 to be missed. Please shoot me a text and ill get your merch sent out to you monday if you wish! Thank you again for the honest feedback!

Regards,

Sean
Old 5 March 2023, 03:18 PM   #19
SeanTPT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We deal with collectors, buyers, investors and people from all walks of life, we do not discriminate. We are honest, young, hardworking watch dealers and we also have extensive knowledge of watches across many brands, despite how we dress or talk you can't take that away from us. We enjoy everyday and provide amazing pieces to people across the world. Thank you
Old 5 March 2023, 03:20 PM   #20
SeanTPT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico81 View Post
Excuses and more excuses
Dont be cute about sourcing watches
Own watches you are selling
Amd own up to Mistakes

Hi Nico81,

Thank you for your feedback, hopefully can do business with you in the future. We have over 200 pieces in stock and we source pieces for customers all over the world, whether we have it in stock or not. We are always honest about whether we have it in stock or not in stock, we have no reason to deceive customers. Thank you ~

Sean
Old 22 December 2023, 11:33 AM   #21
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

This is good to know. These guys put on a good show for the cameras, but doing business the right way is another matter I guess
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 03:07 PM   #22
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for sharing your experience here OP.
Old 26 December 2023, 09:27 PM   #23
digitalcrocodile
"TRF" Member

Thanks OP. I would never buy from them after reading about your experience.
digitalcrocodile is offline   Reply With Quote