The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: White dial or black dial
White 225 60.32%
Black 148 39.68%
Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 March 2024, 09:29 AM   #1
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

I would vote both, but did vote white for this poll. The black is a true iconic watch, but the white seems to be visually stunning. I have the 3861 sapphire sandwich and just traded my blue, 2023 ‘57 speedy towards an Apollo 8. I thought I was done buying Speedmasters, but I just added my name and a deposit towards the white dial. Damn you Omega!
PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 09:43 AM   #2
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCDAD View Post
I would vote both, but did vote white for this poll. The black is a true iconic watch, but the white seems to be visually stunning. I have the 3861 sapphire sandwich and just traded my blue, 2023 ‘57 speedy towards an Apollo 8. I thought I was done buying Speedmasters, but I just added my name and a deposit towards the white dial. Damn you Omega!
Curious why you sent the '57 packing? You just got it a few month ago right? The blue '57 is a gorgeous watch.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 09:52 AM   #3
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Curious why you sent the '57 packing? You just got it a few month ago right? The blue '57 is a gorgeous watch.
Great question. I asked myself the same thing. I did like it, and got it for a steal. I actually made money on the trade which is rare. I had my eye on the Apollo 8 for quite sometime, and din’t want to come out of pocket for the full amount when my local gray dealer got one in stock. Because I already had the 3861, I thought I didn’t need 3 speedies. Like every watch I trade, I regret it the next day.
Old 26 March 2024, 10:15 AM   #4
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTCDAD View Post
Great question. I asked myself the same thing. I did like it, and got it for a steal. I actually made money on the trade which is rare. I had my eye on the Apollo 8 for quite sometime, and din’t want to come out of pocket for the full amount when my local gray dealer got one in stock. Because I already had the 3861, I thought I didn’t need 3 speedies. Like every watch I trade, I regret it the next day.
I hear ya. It's part of the addiction of this hobby LOL. Your logic does make sense tho. Did you get the most recent Apollo 8 or its predecessor?
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 08:05 AM   #5
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I hear ya. It's part of the addiction of this hobby LOL. Your logic does make sense tho. Did you get the most recent Apollo 8 or its predecessor?

I purchased the old version at my gray dealer the morning the new version was announced. I found out as I was buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk