The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 13 May 2024, 09:11 AM   #1
mpede
"TRF" Member

Looking for a Women's Vintage Rolex - No Clue what to look for

Hi,

Really new to this I know what I would like ... looking for help

Stainless

Oversized face - small wrist

Larger numbers

Like I said I have no clue ... but I am open to information and help
I have my Mom's - I think it's called Date Time something like that
two tone ... not my style
mpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 09:38 AM   #2
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
I would start by looking at the Rolex website and then talking to someone at an authorized dealer (AD) if you are within reasonable distance from one.
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 09:43 AM   #3
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Your questions are pretty general, so maybe a ChapGPT response is best for now. If you narrow things down and decide you want a vintage Rolex, then this would be the correct forum to ask for more detailed information. We can help you find information about specific models, or help you to authenticate a particular watch.

-----------------------------------------

[from ChatGPT]

It sounds like you're interested in a vintage Rolex with a stainless steel case, an oversized face that fits well on a smaller wrist, and larger numbers for easy readability. That's a great starting point! Here are a few things you can consider when looking for such a watch:

Model and Year: Vintage Rolex watches come in various models and were produced in different years. Some popular models with oversized faces include the Rolex Datejust, Rolex Day-Date, and Rolex Oyster Perpetual. Researching these models and the years they were produced can help you narrow down your search.

Size and Proportions: Since you have a smaller wrist, pay attention to the case size and overall proportions of the watch. A case size around 36mm or slightly larger could work well for an oversized look without overwhelming your wrist.

Dial Design: Look for a dial design that features larger, easily readable numbers. This could be Arabic numerals or larger hour markers. Consider the color and style of the dial as well, as vintage Rolexes come in a variety of designs.

Condition and Authenticity: When buying a vintage Rolex, it's crucial to ensure its authenticity and check its condition. Look for reputable sellers or dealers who provide authenticity guarantees and have a good reputation for selling genuine vintage timepieces.

Bracelet or Strap: Decide if you prefer a bracelet or a strap for your watch. Vintage Rolexes often come with stainless steel bracelets, but you can also find models with leather or other types of straps.

Budget: Set a budget range based on the model, year, and condition you're looking for. Vintage Rolexes can vary widely in price depending on these factors.

Would you like more specific guidance on any of these points, or do you have any other questions?

-----------------------------------------