The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 29 December 2009, 01:47 AM   #31
stalenhag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subfanatic View Post
If my strap is not here by Monday I will be filing a claim with Paypal.
So - did you receive the stap?

No news from my side...
stalenhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2009, 09:58 AM   #32
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Heck no!
subfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2009, 12:51 PM   #33
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

I really was hoping this would work out. I understand that thing don't always go as planned,but when you have a customer waiting for a strap for going on 9 weeks that's a little excessive. I would at least appreciate some sort of contact and some words of encouragement. I have no choice but to file a claim at this point. I will keep you posted on my progress as far as my money being returned. -eric
Old 29 December 2009, 05:29 PM   #34
stalenhag
"TRF" Member

I will do the same, enough is enough, hope that it will be possible to get the money back, haven't tried that before with Paypal.

Tried to order the Maratac Elite yesterday from Westcoasttime.com - but the email bounced. So it looks like getting a "kevlar" strap is a bit troublesome at the moment
Old 29 December 2009, 10:33 PM   #35
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
This really is unacceptable. I thought talking to Duncan via phone call and relaying the urgency found on TRF would get him to make some kind of announcement either here or on his website. But, I was wrong. He will answer the phone number so that's always an option if you want to vent.
Not sure what to do next.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2009, 12:03 AM   #36
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

I'm really tired of checking the mail every day for something that was probably never shipped. I was told I would receive a tracking number when it shipped. Guess what!!!!! never happened! He also sells high-end dive watches on that site, I would suggest nobody buy one unless your going to pick it up in person.
Old 30 December 2009, 02:18 AM   #37
MWR
"TRF" Member

I find this situation to be unacceptable on all accounts. As a fellow Rolex enthusiast, I would welcome international orders as long as the buyer understands that the straps would be sent via uninsured Airmail through the US Post Office with a small element of risk. If you wish, please go ahead and order.

Happy New Year,

Bob - MWR
MWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2009, 05:01 AM   #38
stalenhag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWR View Post
I find this situation to be unacceptable on all accounts. As a fellow Rolex enthusiast, I would welcome international orders as long as the buyer understands that the straps would be sent via uninsured Airmail through the US Post Office with a small element of risk. If you wish, please go ahead and order.

Happy New Year,

Bob - MWR
Bob, you made my day! Great to know that there still exist gentlemen such as you in this business - I just ordered a strap from you "at my own risk" :)
Old 30 December 2009, 05:24 AM   #39
stalenhag
"TRF" Member

I have filed a complaint at Paypal and a refund request now - not that happy with the fact that the jerk at divestraps still has my 130 USD but has failed totally in every aspect in this transaction. If the folks at divestraps ever read this thread - please learn from Bob @ MWR - that's how you treat your customers!
Old 30 December 2009, 07:09 AM   #40
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

Looks like I'm out of luck, it has been longer than 45 days. That is the amount of time given by paypal to file a claim. i will be contacting my credit card company next. Update: credit card company has assured me this would be resolved,may take up to 60 days which is faster than Divestraps.com :)
Old 30 December 2009, 06:39 PM   #41
stalenhag
"TRF" Member

Great to hear, Eric! Now you know where to order the straps from
Old 8 January 2010, 12:21 AM   #42
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

I've emailed twice and phoned three times [even talked to him twice] and Duncan @ divestraps.com has not shipped nor had any intention to ship my strap. According to many watch forums, including TRF, I'm just one in a very long line of screwed customers.
I've filed a Paypal complaint and his account has been suspended. Doubt I'll ever see a dime. His watch forum name was "outstretchedhands" and I'd like to fit some nice hand cuffs on those slimy paws. He also used his "christian" background to help mold his fake reputation.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 11 January 2010, 10:30 AM   #43
Ed1
"TRF" Member

I have an order pending since 9/25/09 at divestraps.com. Duncan gave me numerous excuses as to why the shipment was delayed, then said he "thought it shipped" just before he pulled the plug on his internet for the big move. Unfortunately, I was outside the refund window for Paypal. No way it takes 2 months to re-establish your internet connection unless he moved to the desert!

There was a testimonial page on divestraps.com website that was on their website 2 weeks ago that several upset buyers had posted replies to over the past few months. That testimonial link has since been deleted which tells me that Duncan is online and has access to the website. He has just chosen to ignore emails and refund requests from all of his upset buyers! My guess is that he is probably still accepting orders and pocketing the money from many unsuspecting buyers who have no idea they are being scammed. After all, he has a new home to pay for!

Spend some time researching these "kevlar" type straps and you will find that they are available on other sites for tremendously less money than what Duncan is charging! Don't be fooled by Duncan's "pretty pictures"!

Getting jerked around by Duncan led me to discover Bob's MWR website. Bob has the same straps as Duncan but at 85% less cost!!! AND, his communication and service are outstanding!!! Order was shipped and received within a couple of days! Now that's the way to run a business! Thank you Bob!!!
Ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2010, 09:31 PM   #44
stalenhag
"TRF" Member

All, I have ordered AND received a identical strap from http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm instead.

I also filed a Paypal refund request - but they were unable to do so due to lack of funds in the seller's account...

So I will file a refund request towards the credit card company now.

In conclusion, divestraps.com is a dishonest no-good-son-of-a-bitch seller who I sincerly hope is totally screwed in all serious watch forums!
Old 11 January 2010, 10:34 PM   #45
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

But wait, there's more............................

Received a skype call this morning, very early as I was sleeping, and it went to voicemail. Couldn't believe it but it was Duncan from Divestraps!
He said he got my voicemail on Jan 6th but recently found out from his mother's husband that his mother passed away after a long bout w/ cancer. He has been traveling back and forth from Wales [a 7 hour trip, according to him]. Duncan said all orders would be filled Wed or Thurs this week. He asked that I update TRF.

Not sure what to believe at this point. But the plot thickens. I'll let you know if I receive anything, but I'm not holding my breath.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 12 January 2010, 01:03 AM   #46
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
But wait, there's more............................

Received a skype call this morning, very early as I was sleeping, and it went to voicemail. Couldn't believe it but it was Duncan from Divestraps!
He said he got my voicemail on Jan 6th but recently found out from his mother's husband that his mother passed away after a long bout w/ cancer. He has been traveling back and forth from Wales [a 7 hour trip, according to him]. Duncan said all orders would be filled Wed or Thurs this week. He asked that I update TRF.

Not sure what to believe at this point. But the plot thickens. I'll let you know if I receive anything, but I'm not holding my breath.
dP
Just getting back into the loop here guy's as I'm on holidays at the moment!!!!So sorry things have turned out this way Dan and others....My experience was good but I think you have all been treated poorly and it's not acceptable at all.....I was hoping to hear that you all recieved your product when I got back to TRF!!!! My fingers are still crossed for you all........Sorry !!guy's!!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2010, 11:52 PM   #47
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

I have ordered from broadarrow as well, excellent service. I ordered two nato straps and a 20/20. These are the same straps that Duncan the thief carries only at a fraction of the cost. Still working on the chargeback.
Old 14 January 2010, 06:09 PM   #48
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

I received a refund today from my credit card company, glad that's over. I hope the word has spread enough to put him out of business for a while. I have taken my business to MWR and was able to buy two NATO straps, a notched 20 mm composite and a true 20 mm composite and still had money left over from my refund.
Old 20 January 2010, 09:18 PM   #49
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

Reply from Duncan the liar

Until Nov 18th last year we had postal strikes which prevented shipping of items. We then moved house and lost our net connection for several weeks. As Christmas arrived I lost my Mother and have been off working dealing with her estate and funeral. My apologies for the delay but I am only one man running this business as a hobby and sometimes life gets in the way

This was in response to an email I sent several weeks ago...thought I was done with him. I will not be sharing my response, it wasn't pleasant. -eric
Old 20 January 2010, 10:44 PM   #50
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Received a paypal resolution Monday and they have judged in my favor with a full refund!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 21 January 2010, 12:02 AM   #51
subfanatic
"TRF" Member

That's awesome!!!!!