The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 15 January 2012, 10:28 PM   #1
ssn767

Tudor service at RSC?

Hello all,

I'm looking at sending a Submariner, GMT Master, and ladies Tudor, in for servicing and didn't think to ask the customer service rep. at the Dallas RSC if they work on Tudor watches. Does anyone here know if they do?

From reading many posts on this forum, the work performed by Dallas RSC seems to be well regarded. Are there any here who may have a differing opinion that I should consider in my decision to send my watches to them for servicing?

I'm sending the watches to a RSC instead of an independant (this time) so that I can get the provenance paperwork that these watches are real Rolexes and Tudor. Unfortunately the receipts and other documentation were lost/misplaced years ago, so this is the only option I know of that can prove their genuineness with authentication from Rolex.

I had considered sending the watches to the RSC in Geneva but the cost for servicing there was around $800, whereas the service cost in Dallas is $600. The idea of sending the watches back from whence they originated is appealing, but I don't know what Geneva would do differently from Dallas that would warrant the extra cost. Any thoughts?

I'll call the RSC on Monday to ask about the Tudor work but I figured I would query here first to not only see what others experiences have been, but also to thank you all for the very informative reading you have provided in all the posts I've read so far.

Thanks!
ssn767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
The Tudor brand is covered by the worldwide Rolex Service Network.
I prefer an independent w/ Rolex parts account. That way you get done what you want done.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2012, 12:38 AM   #3
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Welcome to TRF.

I can see why you might want to take them to RSC versus an independant especially if your looking for the paperwork. However I don't see any added advantage of sending them to Geneva instead of Dallas. As Dan said if you have any special requests you might want to opt for an independant instead.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2012, 02:53 AM   #4
ssn767

Thanks for the replies so far. And thanks for the information that the RSC will service the Tudor watch. I had it all boxed and ready to go before I thought about whether they did or not.

My original thought was to send the watches to either forum members Rikki, Bob Ridley, or Dalton but, because I want the documented authentication that Rolex can provide, this time around I'll have an RSC service them.

Next time, though, the watches will definitely go to one of the favored independent service techs. on this board.

Additional thoughts and comments (both + and -) regarding Dallas v. Geneva are welcome.
Old 16 January 2012, 05:13 AM   #5
OysterDavid
Banned

I bought my first Rolex back in '76 via the mail from Bucherer in Lucerne. That was a time when Rolex USA did not have the trademark/import restrictions in place today. After that, for the first two times, at 3 year intervals, I sent my watch home to the mother ship in Geneva for routine servicing. Back then, the currency exchange actually made it a better deal to send off to Switzerland than to have the work done at NY headquarters.

Each time, the watch came back looking new and timed out to chronometer specs.

But, in this current era, I have sent off my Rolexes and Tudors to all of the various RSC's for routine work (except Chicago) and have found that the finished product comes back to me looking new and timed to chronometer spec.

So, I"m hard pressed, except for the obsessive/compulsive attributes in all of us, to recommend the time and expense of sending off to Geneva. Paperwork is paperwork, and frankly, unless you're thinking of selling in the near future, there's absolutely no reason to spend the higher amount that Rolex will charge when you've got access to recommended watch technicians the likes of Dalton or Ricki or Ridley. I assure you, none of those three would be working on counterfeits or fakes and paperwork from them is probably as good as RSC paperwork. But, that said, if you feel the RSC papers and 'toys' like the warranty card, mailing container with official foam insert, an enscribed polishing clothand the ever popular leather pouch is worth your while, then have at it. Lord knows, we've all been there, including myself.
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2012, 12:11 AM   #6
ssn767

Thanks for the replies. The watches go out today to Dallas. I know I'll pay a bit more to have them do the servicing & any repairs, but the documentation they provide (not going to sell, though) is important to me. Plus the other goodies will be nice, too!
Old 18 January 2012, 12:43 AM   #7
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
Get a good indy watchmaker that you trust, better service, will do what YOU want and won't require a re-mortgage to fix your stuff!
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote