The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 10 February 2013, 12:06 AM   #31
Frogman4me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemartinifan View Post
Nice story Pete - thank you for sharing!
I met Frogman4me (David) one morning for coffee about a year ago near Baltimore. I was in for business and it was just a meet and greet between 2 members who had not yet met in person. David brought a few of his stunning watches to share with me, including a few vintage Seikos. At that time I had been looking into vintage Seiko divers so David tutored me on vintage Seikos - then took one from his collection and offered it to me...
I was stunned (still am) with his generosity and wear "our watch" weekly.

By the way, I recently gave a sweet little Caravelle diver from the 70s to a young budding watch enthusiast in my office. I knew he would appreciate it and waked to his cubicle one morning and handed him a suede pouch with the diver. He loved it and I felt wonderful! Below is the Seiko and Caravelle.
It was my honor Russ, it was a blessing to meet with you and I am thankful you messaged me to let me know you were in town. Hope we can do again in the near future. The 6309 looks wonderful, love the bracelet my friend

Great to see such giving people on TRF :)
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote