The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 29 April 2013, 02:57 AM   #31
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchrischen View Post
Please @THREEMONKEYS! I find your comment "d!**" very offensive. Let's be professionals and stick with the forum's guidelines.
So let me rephrase this -

I think you have some character issues. That is, I don't believe you make a positive contribution to our community where trust and one's reputation are paramount. At the end of the day, our established seller showed their character and you showed yours.

There. I think that is a much more 'professional' comment.
Old 29 April 2013, 03:12 AM   #32
mrchrischen
"TRF" Member

I clearly made a mistake here. I want to apologize to you all for the events that took place. It was never my intention for anyone to get hurt. Especially "Kirill"
Old 29 April 2013, 03:45 AM   #33
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Chris, it's pretty easy to make a solid conclusion here. I'll never deal with you - and I am sure I'm not the only one here.
+ 1

Kylyuzh is an honest seller.

Instagram: rolexfan69
Old 29 April 2013, 04:18 AM   #34
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Quote:
I clearly made a mistake here. I want to apologize to you all for the events that took place. It was never my intention for anyone to get hurt. Especially "Kirill"
Very nice, Chris. I'm sure this gesture will be appreciated my our members and our seller.
Old 29 April 2013, 04:39 AM   #35
Wllnv19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Oh I get it allright, you pocketed an extra $350 for a repair you didn't do, sold the watch kept the dough and if any member here is dumb enough to buy or even look at your ads after this they deserve it.
Old 29 April 2013, 05:07 AM   #36
paultran
Banned

Watch: ROLEX 116610LV
Welshwatchman - YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! YOU SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

IF THE BUYER IS NOT FULLY HAPPY WITH THE DEAL. THEN ASK FOR A FULL REFUND. IF THE SELLER WOULD OFFER THAT + THE SHIPPING. THEN DON'T COMPLAINING WITH THE THIRD PARTY!!!!
Old 29 April 2013, 05:24 AM   #37
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by threemonkeys View Post
Very nice, Chris. I'm sure this gesture will be appreciated my our members and our seller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krlyuzh View Post
Some of you might have seen a recent thread in Who's Who (which has now been deleted by mods) where Chris expressed his unhappiness about a trade deal him and I have completed, even though he never expressed those feelings to me directly AND proposed the resolution to our 'issue' himself to begin with.

Cliff notes are:

I shipped him a GMT-c and took in a trade-in 16710 GMT + cash.
Initially everything was fine, then he texted me saying the GMT-c had a scratch on crystal. I didn't notice this scratch when the watch was being shipped, but agreed to it and offered to make a resolution.
HIS proposed solution (even though I offered to reverse the deal completely) was that I cover the $250 cost of a OEM crystal from Rolex and he pays the apparent $100 labor.
Done deal, I sent him the $250 (again, going in his favor and sending it as PayPal and paying the fees myself)
He says thanks and we go our ways (or so I thought)
Then I see a post about him being unhappy with our transaction all of sudden and how he had to pay the $100.
I thought I responded in a very accommodating (yet shocked) manner and sent him the $100 at that point as to 'make it right'
He then 'came to senses and got a good night's sleep' and retracted his comments and had the thread deleted.

Now, it is absolutely not any of my business whatsoever as to what a buyer of mine does with the watch they buy. For all I care, you can strap it to a rocket and send it off to space. Nevertheless, I scan the FS section the very next morning and see the watch is up for sale, so I take a look. You can too: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=293333

So, remember, this is the guy who told me there is a scratch on crystal and wanted me to compensate for a new crystal at full retail and made my very first and completely out of line 'negative' feedback thread. However, NOW he describes this watch as, and I quote: "there is a smear (not a scratch)" on crystal.

That is deceiving and I feel like I have simply been nickeled and dimed on a deal.

This took a lot of thinking and rethinking on my part before I made the post, but I feel like I have the right to express my feelings.

To make it clear, I do not want to have a discussion with him.
I do not want compensation or action taken by him.

I DID want express how I feel about this whole deal and that I will NOT recommend anyone to deal with him nor would I ever deal with him again myself. There is good karma and bad, and I believe in both

Kirill
Kirill:

Chris has apologized, I believe in good faith. I agree with everything you have said in this thread, but I believe that if he now returns the $350.00 to you, this matter should be closed, and buried. If not, at least you have the satisfaction of his very public admission and apology.

Be well.

Dan
Old 29 April 2013, 06:55 AM   #38
drlecter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultran View Post
Welshwatchman - YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! YOU SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

IF THE BUYER IS NOT FULLY HAPPY WITH THE DEAL. THEN ASK FOR A FULL REFUND. IF THE SELLER WOULD OFFER THAT + THE SHIPPING. THEN DON'T COMPLAINING WITH THE THIRD PARTY!!!!
Interesting...
Old 29 April 2013, 09:28 AM   #39
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Your actions speak louder then your words....Return the money to Kirill.

Saying sorry after been forced to do so because you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, its not going change my view of your character.
Old 29 April 2013, 10:03 AM   #40
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I would not do business with a newbie normally, and now knowing this I would question ever doing business with this particular one.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 29 April 2013, 11:30 AM   #41
skprd13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675-1680-16750
WOW! Now I understand why the sellers in the beginning were hesitant on selling me a watch through Paypal. They insisted on a bank wire. For us that do not do this often I did not understand why you would not trust me. Now I see what can happen in deals gone bad! Eye opener to me. Glad I just paid my money, was happy as a clam with my watches. Received and gave excellent reviews/comments.
I am sorry to see this deal get so out of control. I agree to make it simple take back watch, return money and both walk away. Done deal period!
Aloha from Kauai.
Tom
Old 29 April 2013, 11:53 AM   #42
Lgear080
Banned

When I first read Chris' post I thought there was a lot of detail
Missing. Now it all makes sense. He was clearly trying to take
Advantage of a generous seller.
Old 29 April 2013, 11:53 AM   #43
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
I just read all of this and would like to add that I did a deal with Kirill and he is a 1st class professional AAA guy. He is a dealer and he knows how to do business. There is never IMHO a need to worry when dealing with a professional. Its very basic you agree to buy something there is a return policy. You get it your happy or you get it and you want to return it along the lines of the return policy. You may or may not be out shipping but its the cost of doing business as sometimes you don't see things in pictures etc or its just not for you. I don't know why some see the need to go online and have a judge and a jury when these things are in place? If somebody steels your money or refuses to take something back and you cannot resolve something than I can see it but when dealing with a professional these things are under 1% based on my experience. Sometimes you cannot make somebody happy no matter what you do or say. They want it all and some. They will ask for a discount, a partial refund, threaten to flame you online etc. I think this stuff is very basic you like it keep it you don't send it back.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 29 April 2013, 11:55 AM   #44
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
Quote:

Well if you mean that then i guess you paid that 350 back.
Old 29 April 2013, 12:17 PM   #45
accce
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
I saw your ad for the watch. What is a smear? Why did you call it a scratch n your 1st post? You stole $250 from the original seller and should pay him back?
Old 29 April 2013, 12:50 PM   #46
nch209
"TRF" Member

Wowsers... A lot of tension in this thread. A shame...
Old 29 April 2013, 01:12 PM   #47
caryyee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As a sign of good will, I believe the honorable thing to do, is to refund the $350 back to Kirill since you appeared to have pocketed the money instead of replacing the crystal. Just my opinion.
Old 29 April 2013, 01:17 PM   #48
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryyee View Post
As a sign of good will, I believe the honorable thing to do, is to refund the $350 back to Kirill since you appeared to have pocketed the money instead of replacing the crystal. Just my opinion.
That would be the right and only thing to do to have some reputation rehabilitation.
Old 29 April 2013, 02:59 PM   #49
Monte Cristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you...
Quote:
Oh I get it allright, you pocketed an extra $350 for a repair you didn't do, sold the watch kept the dough and if any member here is dumb enough to buy or even look at your ads after this they deserve it.
succinct and to the point as always
Old 29 April 2013, 03:02 PM   #50
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Cristo View Post
succinct and to the point as always

MonBK always is!!

I called it... Look at my post, number 2 on this thread......
Old 29 April 2013, 03:29 PM   #51
Monte Cristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
MonBK always is!!

I called it... Look at my post, number 2 on this thread......
Indeed you did John!
Old 29 April 2013, 09:00 PM   #52
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
Your actions speak louder then your words....Return the money to Kirill.

Saying sorry after been forced to do so because you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar, its not going change my view of your character.
I would go as far as genuinely believe that the apologies are sincere and that the buyer really regrets his actions but I still think that some damage has been done, for some who won't care about reading the whole thread (and those who, unlike myself, missed the first one) the reputation of Kirill has got a hit from this dispute. As far as I'm concerned and after reading two threads on this subject I am convinced that Kirill is a great seller as well as a stand up and honest man, there is no doubt about it in my mind given the way he handled it and replied to those threads.

I would like to think that the 350$ that haven't been spent on repairing the watch should indeed be refunded to him as their only purpose was to correct a little problem on the watch. Besides that, I think a very, very good lesson has to be learned about starting threads and complaining in public too quickly and without feeling like it's really a last recourse, in a business in which feedback is most important and can change a lot of things very quickly I think one should be careful and avoid letting his emotions get the better of him.

P.S.: As for changing the descprition of the said scratch in a new ad, I am personally not a fan at all...
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
Old 29 April 2013, 09:30 PM   #53
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
I would go as far as genuinely believe that the apologies are sincere and that the buyer really regrets his actions but I still think that some damage has been done, for some who won't care about reading the whole thread (and those who, unlike myself, missed the first one) the reputation of Kirill has got a hit from this dispute. As far as I'm concerned and after reading two threads on this subject I am convinced that Kirill is a great seller as well as a stand up and honest man, there is no doubt about it in my mind given the way he handled it and replied to those threads.

I would like to think that the 350$ that haven't been spent on repairing the watch should indeed be refunded to him as their only purpose was to correct a little problem on the watch. Besides that, I think a very, very good lesson has to be learned about starting threads and complaining in public too quickly and without feeling like it's really a last recourse, in a business in which feedback is most important and can change a lot of things very quickly I think one should be careful and avoid letting his emotions get the better of him.

P.S.: As for changing the descprition of the said scratch in a new ad, I am personally not a fan at all...

I don't agree one bit as this is the 4th or 5th time he apologizes followed by throwing more fuel on the fire.

Like JohnB said, he has clearly shown his character and nothing will change that.
Old 29 April 2013, 09:57 PM   #54
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
I don't agree one bit as this is the 4th or 5th time he apologizes followed by throwing more fuel on the fire.

Like JohnB said, he has clearly shown his character and nothing will change that.
Whether I believe they are sincere or not I can only agree with John as well, character has been shown indeed and I'd like to insist on the fact it's only the very least we can do as unsatisfied buyers or sellers to avoid letting our emotions get the better of us and try to solve this in a mature and calm way rather than go ranting publicly right away.

As I've said, I believe those were genuine but it doesn't mean that I didn't see the damage being done and it doesn't mean that I think all is well everywhere, I wish this problem had been handled and solved in a much better way and it's too bad two very similar threads had to be started on the subject. Kirill is, to me, a stand up man (something I repeated a few times already) and I have the feeling that some should have had a good night of sleep of perhaps a good cup of tea before writing about this whole transaction...
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
Old 30 April 2013, 02:23 AM   #55
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
This one has also run it's course. It seems that Chris owes Kylyuzh $350 and if he is truly sorry then do the right thing. As it stands now doesn't look like Chris will be dealing with any members here ever again.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Closed Thread