The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 June 2016, 09:53 AM   #1
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

Fake Tudor Case on Ebay

Saw this a few days ago.....case is poor. Model was well phased out before the serial number listed on the case. Crown guards wrong, etc. I emailed the guy as a helping hand to give him a heads up....he was....shall we say....very charming. Told me to buzz off. I reported it, i know a few others that have reported it as well but it still lists on. Please give it a report. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131849226832...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I feel bad for whomever buys this pig.
Gina Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2016, 09:55 AM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

No good good catch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 June 2016, 10:09 AM   #3
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
That's the dial I sold...

He tried to tell me it was t blue... Odd character. Apparently no character at all.

I can attest the dial is in fact genuine. The seller perhaps less so.

Member who bought it from me was..... CREWELZ

Sending a pm to Adam now....
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
crewelz was banned from here over a week ago.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2016, 10:21 AM   #5
J!m
"TRF" Member

This in his description might be from my email when his expert opinion thought a black dial was rotting...

"Dial appears a very dark navy blue to the eye. In the sun the blue comes out much better. The blue Tudor dials are well known to deteriorate over time and develop "moon craters," whereas the black dials were smooth and faded to a dark gray."

Man. I didn't want to sell it either. It took me a few years to find that dial.
Old 23 June 2016, 10:27 AM   #6
J!m
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
crewelz was banned from here over a week ago.
June 13th he was pushing to have me send it out that day, which I couldn't do. That was the last pm I had from him. Follow up complaints from him were via email.
Old 23 June 2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

It sold....For over 4K.....epic!
Old 23 June 2016, 05:50 PM   #8
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
I have reported again - lets see if they block it
adam
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2016, 12:30 AM   #9
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

I know of a few folks that reported the item.....how many reports does it take? Poor buyer is likely totally jazzed to get such a great price.....i can tell you that the refund proces with this guy is going to be drawn out and painful......just a guess...
Old 24 June 2016, 12:35 AM   #10
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

Actually, if you go there now it shows listing removed....does that mean ebay shut it down?
Old 24 June 2016, 12:53 AM   #11
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Marie View Post
Actually, if you go there now it shows listing removed....does that mean ebay shut it down?
Yes, just checked.
Ebay have removed it and stopped the sale even though it was sold!

Good work, NO one got duped, the buyer will not have payed anything yet

Finally, it sometimes takes ebay longer to reach "reported items" they have literally millions!
adam
Old 24 June 2016, 01:20 AM   #12
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

linesiders was the guy that tipped me off to the dubious case.......i cannot even get over the fact that the serial number is many years after the model number was changed......from 9411/0 to 94110......and when i brought it up to the guy, he accused me of knowing nothing and relying on google for my information....it was a pretty funny exchange. He also accused me of being a guy that bought blank papers to create full sets....it was pretty funny and strange. I am glad that justice won in the end.
Old 24 June 2016, 01:26 AM   #13
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
linesiders was the guy that tipped me off to the dubious case.......i cannot even get over the fact that the serial number is many years after the model number was changed......from 9411/0 to 94110......and when i brought it up to the guy, he accused me of knowing nothing and relying on google for my information....it was a pretty funny exchange. He also accused me of being a guy that bought blank papers to create full sets....it was pretty funny and strange. I am glad that justice won in the end.
Thanks for reporting it
A
Old 24 June 2016, 02:41 AM   #14
J!m
"TRF" Member

Seller reached out to me via email asking me to stop the witch hunt...

I told him his case is not Genuine if Rolex authenticated it or not (crown guards are classic reproduction style).

I asked him to not contact me again.

Apologies from me to anyone affected by this. I thought I was helping a member complete a project for himself; not assist someone in fraud.
Old 24 June 2016, 02:42 AM   #15
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!m View Post
Seller reached out to me via email asking me to stop the witch hunt...

I told him his case is not Genuine if Rolex authenticated it or not (crown guards are classic reproduction style).

I asked him to not contact me again.

Apologies from me to anyone affected by this. I thought I was helping a member complete a project for himself; not assist someone in fraud.
No need to apologize - you did nothing wrong
A
Old 24 June 2016, 03:33 AM   #16
J!m
"TRF" Member

I should have researched the buyer better before selling.

As Adam put it: "at least you got paid" which I did but there is more to life than money and I value my reputation.
Old 24 June 2016, 04:02 AM   #17
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I should have researched the buyer better before selling.

As Adam put it: "at least you got paid" which I did but there is more to life than money and I value my reputation.
We live and learn - don't beat yourself up.
Good news is we blocked the final sale!!
Old 24 June 2016, 04:17 AM   #18
htbilgic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Doxa Pro 300 NoT
Hi everyone,

I was the winner of this auction. I want to thank all of you for reporting this watch!! It saved me whole lotta hassle. eBay blocked the sale before I paid anything.

I was actually super happy about winning this auction, but I wasn't 100% sure about the engravings on the case. So, I decided to sleep on it and asked watch enthusiasts on another forum about what they think about this watch:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f505/tu...a-3329666.html

I've been collecting (mostly vintage Omega SM300s) vintage watches for a few years. Honestly, I didn't see anything striking about that snowflake. I could have easily bought it. Thanks again everyone for your help on this!
htbilgic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2016, 04:42 AM   #19
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

you know....i probably would have just reported it and moved on after Linesiders alerted me....but i thought....hey why not be a good guy and assume the best in folks. I sent the guy an email letting him know that the case was not authentic. His response was so visceral that i decided to post here to rally some support to get his listing removed. Had he not responded or been somewhat pleasant i would likely have moved on. Goes to show you that you attract more bees with honey than with rocks. The guy was so insulting and resorted to childish name calling that i got sucked into the negativity and had some fun with him. At least nobody got hurt.
Old 24 June 2016, 04:49 AM   #20
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
you know....i probably would have just reported it and moved on after Linesiders alerted me....but i thought....hey why not be a good guy and assume the best in folks. I sent the guy an email letting him know that the case was not authentic. His response was so visceral that i decided to post here to rally some support to get his listing removed. Had he not responded or been somewhat pleasant i would likely have moved on. Goes to show you that you attract more bees with honey than with rocks. The guy was so insulting and resorted to childish name calling that i got sucked into the negativity and had some fun with him. At least nobody got hurt.
Genuine sellers are always happy to be corrected but the ones that blatantly know they are selling fakes, seem to believe that attack and rudeness is best way.
Gladly this seller failed!
Old 24 June 2016, 04:52 AM   #21
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

he has two other watches for sale....they both look nice but i would not deal with him personally....one of his watches is for sale via wire only....no paypal.....i smell trouble. They are both wildly inflated price wise but you can ask whatever you want in this market....you only need one counterparty to agree. I wish the guy no ill will but i would suggest that he turn down the "charm' next time. He also said that he got banned from here for calling his watch unpolished and the mods did not like that so they banned him....that seems strange to me. I think he knows that he got scammed on his purchase of the case and he is trying to be overly defensive to scare away any critics....seems to have backfired....
Old 24 June 2016, 06:33 AM   #22
J!m
"TRF" Member

This, just in:

"I'm standing here with a letter from Rolex validating it. I will just relist it with a photograph of the paperwork. I also stand here with nothing but good feedback on TRF from all my purchases and sales. You said you should have done more research on me, then you would have seen all the "crewelz is a good buyer/seller" feedback on TRF and other forums.

You just got scared shitless because a member thought my case was fake and posted it on TRF with your dial in it. You just want to distance yourself from it, and in the process you just pile onto the witchhunt and insulting my reputation.

If it took you two years to find a dial, then you don't know how to look. I can connect you with three sellers who have an inventory of them. There was an inventory of six dials on VRM two weeks ago for $600 each."

He had told me they were $300 each when dealing with me... And I'm sure those are either service or black.
Old 24 June 2016, 06:39 AM   #23
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Look forward to seeing his "Rolex Official Documentation"

There were a number of anomalies on this watch (date versus model). I am currently OK with our (MY) decision to report it

PS - if finding original dials is SO easy, why did they push so hard for FAST delivery
A
Old 24 June 2016, 06:58 AM   #24
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
This, just in:

"I'm standing here with a letter from Rolex validating it. I will just relist it with a photograph of the paperwork. I also stand here with nothing but good feedback on TRF from all my purchases and sales. You said you should have done more research on me, then you would have seen all the "crewelz is a good buyer/seller" feedback on TRF and other forums.

You just got scared shitless because a member thought my case was fake and posted it on TRF with your dial in it. You just want to distance yourself from it, and in the process you just pile onto the witchhunt and insulting my reputation.

If it took you two years to find a dial, then you don't know how to look. I can connect you with three sellers who have an inventory of them. There was an inventory of six dials on VRM two weeks ago for $600 each."

He had told me they were $300 each when dealing with me... And I'm sure those are either service or black.
Can you post this guys ebay username, the original ebay ad is gone so I can't see who he is. Thanks
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2016, 07:16 AM   #25
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

themeatcamp was the ebay username of the ad in question.
Old 24 June 2016, 07:41 AM   #26
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Glad we helped the winner of the auction.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2016, 08:04 AM   #27
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

"You just got scared shitless because a member thought my case was fake and posted it on TRF with your dial in it."

Above is factually incorrect. I just had a buddy on the east coast calling me laughing about the watch. he also sent the guy a PM on ebay that the case was fake....i think more than "a member" reached out to him.......if this seller was so concerned about his reputation.....then why ignore all the feedback. I think about 5 folks reported the watch based on what i have been told today. Again, i wish no ill will. I was trying to help him avoid an embarrassing situation and save the postage....and perhaps return the case himself.....but alas....no good deed goes unpunished.
Old 24 June 2016, 08:33 AM   #28
Gina Marie
"TRF" Member

Just got a nice message back from the seller. Apologized for the name calling and admitted that he got duped with the case purchase on his side. He assumed that since it went through a service at Rolex that all was kosher. I feel bad for the guy.

I apologized for the name calling back (it was childish of me). It happens to us all......that is why i use this forum whenever i am looking at something. Semi happy ending to this story.
Old 24 June 2016, 09:39 AM   #29
J!m
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
PS - if finding original dials is SO easy, why did they push so hard for FAST delivery
A
He sent me a link to a seller on vrf selling a lot of six...
Old 24 June 2016, 10:06 AM   #30
J!m
"TRF" Member

And he is accepting the truth, and also apologized to me which is appreciated.

"I just spoke to RSC about the authentication. They said they only performed a service and verified the serial is valid. They can't offer any official authentication on my watch.

So I do not know what I will do now. I bought the case off VRM over a year ago for $1500.

I'll probably just part the watch out and list the case as-is no guarantee. However I know all the other parts are 100%.

Sorry about getting you involved."