The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 August 2016, 10:45 AM   #1
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Icon20 REDEMPTION: Brasil vs Germany Football Saturday 20 August

After the beat down by Germany in The World Cup in 2014. That's was sooo bad, this should be the most crazy event of the whole Olypimic Games. Can't wait And for the Gold Metal

GIFSoup
Old 18 August 2016, 10:57 AM   #2
texex91
"TRF" Member

Oooo this is going to be good.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 11:30 AM   #3
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

After their crushing defeat from Germany and lousy performance at the Copa America, the Brazilian team needs this victory.

It's going to be a great game.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 12:31 PM   #4
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

sentado na praia com meu iphone 6 via tapatalk
Old 18 August 2016, 12:40 PM   #5
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
This will be GREAT!!!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 02:01 PM   #6
Rondineli
Banned

Watch: DJ II
It is not redemption, IMHO. Brazil have beat the Germans way too many times before, including th WC finals in 2002. The last game was an outliner due to the brazilians' players nerves, and the coward knee to Neymars back by the Colombian player in the prior game.
Rondineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2016, 02:34 PM   #7
seand442
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
I'm not a big soccer fan, but it should be a hell of a game.
Old 18 August 2016, 11:01 PM   #8
Rondineli
Banned

So, I just wanted to add the full statistics between Brazil and Germany in football (soccer):

Germany - 5 victories, 31 goals
Brazil - 12 victories, 40 goals
Ties 5
Total games 22
Total goals 71

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleman...sil_em_futebol
Old 19 August 2016, 10:09 AM   #9
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondineli View Post
It is not redemption, IMHO. Brazil have beat the Germans way too many times before, including th WC finals in 2002. The last game was an outliner due to the brazilians' players nerves, and the coward knee to Neymars back by the Colombian player in the prior game.
I know many Brasilians who are still in depressed mode 2 years after the 2014 World Cup loss, like almost 100 years since a 6 point loss, a record loss no less.

It was a day of National Humiliation, the darkest day of shame, Black Death and Suicide City, 4 goals in almost 6 minutes after Germany scorched Brasil 7-1.. Neymar was lost to injury and Silva was lost to yellow cards, I blame Silva partially for the defeat for playing like a moron. Yeah, I know team effort..

Here it's a chance to redeem the loss and secure Brasils 1st ever Gold Medal in the Olyimpics for Football against a team that embarrassed them world wide in front of Billions of people, the 2012 World Cup in Brasil. Here we are back in Brasil again and they will hopefully destroy Germany, a redemption.

lol
Old 19 August 2016, 10:14 AM   #10
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
What time is the game ?
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2016, 10:17 AM   #11
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
It's only football . . . .
Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2016, 10:33 AM   #12
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Click link, everything you need to know about Saturday's Game

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Olyimpic+Gold+M...ll+Start+Time+
Old 19 August 2016, 11:03 AM   #13
Rondineli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
I know many Brasilians who are still in depressed mode 2 years after the 2014 World Cup loss, like almost 100 years since a 6 point loss, a record loss no less.

It was a day of National Humiliation, the darkest day of shame, Black Death and Suicide City, 4 goals in almost 6 minutes after Germany scorched Brasil 7-1.. Neymar was lost to injury and Silva was lost to yellow cards, I blame Silva partially for the defeat for playing like a moron. Yeah, I know team effort..

lol
Wow, now that's drama
Old 19 August 2016, 08:58 PM   #14
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Following Germany's performance in the Euro's I can't see them hammering Brazil like they did in the World Cup final.

Watch this space....

Anyway, the biggest game tonight is the UK in the women's hockey final !!
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2016, 09:13 AM   #15
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Happy to see Brazil win this game. They came to play. The fans in the stadium were PUMPED the whole time. It was obvious how much this game meant to the Brazilians. Congrats!
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2016, 12:50 PM   #16
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Props to Germany for this idea, loved it, great gamesmanship. Brilliant ! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.2 KB, 102 views)
Old 21 August 2016, 06:26 PM   #17
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Props to Germany for this idea, loved it, great gamesmanship. Brilliant ! lol

That is truly brilliant!!
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2016, 08:01 PM   #18
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:
the 2012 World Cup in Brasil. Here we are back in Brasil again and they will hopefully destroy Germany, a redemption.

lol
Brazil Worldcup was in 2014
and the teams are hardly comparable to the teams back then.

In particular the German team was cobbled together last minute because many clubs refused to release their players for the Olympics.

However, congrats to Brazil who won in a penalty shootout I can't see domination or redemption from yesterday's match ;)
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2016, 09:28 PM   #19
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Re-read my posts Mr. Bond. You knew exactly what I had written but you pick out a typo to snipe me on. Kinda like your typo about Brasil World Cup, I know you mean World Cup in Brasil.

And who care about cobbled teams, that's just an excuse for losers to use. I suppose your the type to bring up that the United States wouldn't have won as many medals if half of Russia's players weren't banned.

And the long distance runners that bumped into each other and fell down causing them to to knock other ones down and not medal cause it was the ones guy fault. That knocked out a German runner who would've had a medal. Horrible, but that happens

It was all about a good match which it was. Who cares if the teams were different then 2 years ago or Germany's Clubs were selfish not to let their players represent their country in a 10 day Oylmpic game that happens every 4 years. What's the diffrerence in the World Cup and the Oylmpics ? Were they ( Germany ) released for the World Cup ?

I bet 99.9% of the people watching could've cared less if either team was cobbled together. ( other then a few in Germany ) I didn't come on here and cry about the 7-1 loss in 2014 because Neymar Jr. had a cheap shot that almost ruined his career during the World Cup. That's the breaks, the way it goes. Clearly this wasn't a shredding of Germany or a blow out, but if you ask the 70,000 Brasilians at the game tonight if it was a redemption you'll get a resounding "SIM"

Funny how a lot of nice threads get on by miserable keyboard warriors spelling interweb police

Cheers my friend, til we meet again

Last edited by Runnin' Rebel; 21 August 2016 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: Grammar, wrong dates, feeling sorry for Germany, no redemption..etc
Runnin' Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2016, 10:49 PM   #20
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Wow!
Besides of you clearly having no idea of the differences between the Olympic tournament and the World Cup - is it ok having a different opinion than your own?

Wheren't you writing "redemption" in your threat title - such a "nice" start for a "nice" thread!
Enjoy the victory and have a good sunday!

Last edited by bondtoys; 21 August 2016 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: Edit
Old 22 August 2016, 01:46 AM   #21
Sarajevo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600371701
Well done to Brazil but I didn't recognise a single player on the German team. The Olympic soccer final is nothing in terms of importance when compared to the World Cup final
Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2016, 02:32 AM   #22
Brenngun
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Congrats to the Brazilian team on their gold medal win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajevo View Post
Well done to Brazil but I didn't recognise a single player on the German team. The Olympic soccer final is nothing in terms of importance when compared to the World Cup final
Nothing funnier than position statements comparing the relative importance of slightly differing athletic endeavours run and controlled by the 2 most corrupt global sport organizations. Would be more interesting to debate which is more corrupt.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2016, 02:40 AM   #23
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
I'm a soccer fan, but this is a good example of an Olympic sport that shouldn't be, the world cup dwarfs this by 1,000x's and the under 23 rule is silly. In that bag I would put basketball (both mens and ladies) and golf. There are four majors for Golf nobody would trade a green jacket, open championship and us open for a Gold medal.

Olympic sports should be sports that another championship would not dwarf.
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2016, 03:06 AM   #24
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post

Nothing funnier than position statements comparing the relative importance of slightly differing athletic endeavours run and controlled by the 2 most corrupt global sport organizations. Would be more interesting to debate which is more corrupt.
That would be a totally different topic. The OP compared the relevance/importance of those tournaments and not the degree of corruption.

However I totally agree that FIFA and the Olympics are on a similar level of corruption - unlike their importance re. football/soccer.
Old 22 August 2016, 03:08 AM   #25
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

How is this redemption?

These are only the olympic teams, doesn't count. Only the world cup matters.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2016, 03:21 AM   #26
Brenngun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
That would be a totally different topic. The OP compared the relevance/importance of those tournaments and not the degree of corruption.

However I totally agree that FIFA and the Olympics are on a similar level of corruption - unlike their importance re. football/soccer.
Sporting events are a lot like art. The beauty and importance is in the eye of the beholder. Comparisons will always fall short of the achievements during the events. Opinions based on comparative importance just get in the way.

Old 22 August 2016, 03:32 AM   #27
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Sorry, but - with the exception of our southamerican friends who host the Olympics this year, nobody would seriously compare the Olympic Football/Soccer tournament with the World Cup.

And if they'd lost yesterday's match (penalty shootout is always a gamble) - they'd said similar things.

I'll predict that the now proud Brasilians will not care much for the outcome of the tournament in Tokyo 2020 - just like they did for the competition in London 2012

If you don't believe me, just tell me the last 2 goldmedals (2012 and 2008) in Football without using Google

Like Sarajewo rightly mentioned - even I knew less than 50% of the german team by name
Old 22 August 2016, 06:45 AM   #28
Sarajevo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600371701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
Congrats to the Brazilian team on their gold medal win.

You are looking at a different issue. The athletic endeavour, soccer, is the same in both cases. Both governing bodies, IOC and FIFA, are corrupt but that is immaterial to the issue I raised, which is that the best players from every country play at the World Cup but do not at the Olympics. The World Cup is the absolute pinnacle for soccer players, the Olympics is irrelevant. The same goes for golf, tennis and basketball, to cite the main examples.
Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2016, 10:22 AM   #29
Brenngun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarajevo View Post
You are looking at a different issue. The athletic endeavour, soccer, is the same in both cases. Both governing bodies, IOC and FIFA, are corrupt but that is immaterial to the issue I raised, which is that the best players from every country play at the World Cup but do not at the Olympics. The World Cup is the absolute pinnacle for soccer players, the Olympics is irrelevant. The same goes for golf, tennis and basketball, to cite the main examples.
I know. It wasn't meant to be about the OP's subject. With respect to that as I've said drawing comparisons to differing events/venues within the same sport is not a useful process. It is a point of view issue that doesn't have a correct answer. To use your example of golf there are many professional golfers who will tell you differing answers to the question of which tournament is the pinnacle of the sport.

Old 22 August 2016, 10:43 AM   #30
Rondineli
Banned

REDEMPTION: Brasil vs Germany Football Saturday 20 August

Too many posts off topic.

Of course, the soccer Olympic is not at the same level of importance of the WC Finals. That is the reason for my prior posts above. There is no redemption, or no need for one.
In any case, Brazil is the Soccer Olympic Champion, and Germany is the runner up.

Brazil main team has played Germany twice in the history of the WC Finals. Brazil 2 x 0 on the 2002 championship game (that's after Brazil reached the final three times in a row, 94, 98, 02), and Germany 7 x 1 on the 2014 semi-final game. This game numerical result is an outlier in itself, as Brazilian players nerves gave out under the pressure of playing at home and without Neymar. The defensive players started playing like amateurs, and opened unbelievable spaces for fast breaks.

So, the way I see is that the Germans are just (trying to) catching up. May I remind that so far only Brazil has the 5 star jersey, which means 5 WC championships, each of these took place away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk