The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 11 January 2017, 12:31 PM   #31
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I think there are going to be a few raised eyebrows this year......
Frozen RG 44mm Offshore with a white ceramic bezel and a pink dial?
Old 11 January 2017, 02:14 PM   #32
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Not exactly a mainstream piece, but I saw a pic of a RO SS open-worked tourbillon at the boutique.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2017, 02:20 PM   #33
911Cab
Banned

RO Chrono SS 41MM in different color dials. Green, Brown couple of other colors as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
911Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 07:12 AM   #34
AMCK87
Banned

Confirmed from a couple ADs that all the 44's are being changed and existing ones will be phased out slowly but surely. Should be an interesting coming week!
AMCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 07:20 AM   #35
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMehta87 View Post
Confirmed from a couple ADs that all the 44's are being changed and existing ones will be phased out slowly but surely. Should be an interesting coming week!
Well if ever that's true and they make great new ones, that should be exciting
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 08:22 AM   #36
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
They probably won't abandon it altogether. They been using carbon and ceramic for years and years. They spent so much money in the infrastructure to produce these 2 cases. But they have to change things up.

They can't just keep releasing the same watch with a different dial over and over again.

The brand will lose it's appeal if they do that. Plus when they discontinue them, they hold their value, which increases the appeal of the watch.
Valid point on machining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickson Lim View Post
There will be one this year, and it's not a 44mm.
Great I prefer smaller! Hopefully not a diver chrono

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
A possible win for the guys with smaller wrists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude1 View Post
I heard from a high up source that they will be releasing a full ceramic 44 with a ceramic bracelet.
Say what!? That would be something. I am guessing it would cost a fortune.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 12:06 PM   #37
FAC126
"TRF" Member

In July at the 57th st boutique I suggested I'd prefer a sleeker thinner ROC, and I was told I'd be happy come 2017.

Same boutique this week wouldn't commit to the ROC being thinner but said they'd email me "new photos" by Spring of an updated ROC that they thought would suit my request.

Not sure if that means it won't be ready for RIHH or is a reference to the delays again, but definitely an update to the ROC imminently.
FAC126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 12:10 PM   #38
FAC126
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Kind of disenchanted with how I was treated at the 57th Street boutique, so I'll let this secret fly - they have a new ombre dial coming out that's pretty unique and stunning. I believe it's on a 42mm roc, but I only got a quick glance.
The older saleswoman there, Manuela, refused to speak to me about my few-months-old 15202 and accused me of intentionally damaging the crown to make her day more difficult. Ha. Since Jonny left, I've found the newer gentleman Keeno quite helpful and pleasant. Just beware Manuela, who I hope is having a better day today than when she last berated me :)
FAC126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 12:11 PM   #39
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAC126 View Post
In July at the 57th st boutique I suggested I'd prefer a sleeker thinner ROC, and I was told I'd be happy come 2017.

Same boutique this week wouldn't commit to the ROC being thinner but said they'd email me "new photos" by Spring of an updated ROC that they thought would suit my request.

Not sure if that means it won't be ready for RIHH or is a reference to the delays again, but definitely an update to the ROC imminently.
That's great news. I hope it means an inhouse chrono movement as well.
Old 12 January 2017, 04:46 PM   #40
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The older saleswoman there, Manuela, refused to speak to me about my few-months-old 15202 and accused me of intentionally damaging the crown to make her day more difficult. Ha. Since Jonny left, I've found the newer gentleman Keeno quite helpful and pleasant. Just beware Manuela, who I hope is having a better day today than when she last berated me :)
Just had an awful encounter with her today. Was passing the store so popped in to explain in person that I would not be taking the RG skeleton after she'd emailed me the day before. I told her I felt a bit manipulated given she said I'd have to pay full price because it was the only one they'd receive that year only to get later calls from other staff saying they had 4 arriving in December. It also bothered me - after being asked to place a deposit - to have them offer me a watch someone else had put a deposit on if I came in to purchase then and there.

She was very glib and unapologetic and after that asked if I wanted to try it on one more time. Then she stonewalled me on information about SIHH even though other saleswomen had shown me pictures.

I'm moving away from AP in general and this will hasten the transition. That and the awful resale lately.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 06:23 PM   #41
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Just had an awful encounter with her today. Was passing the store so popped in to explain in person that I would not be taking the RG skeleton after she'd emailed me the day before.
Too bad you're not getting it, it's amazing and one of the things AP is the best at, still wondering if I should get the 15407ST or not, problem is if I do get it then I should move 1 piece,and at the time being I don't see one that I want to move, also not sure about the 41mm, sure at 7 inches my wrist can take it, but seems to me that proportions at 39mm are much nicer than 41.

Resale on AP is bad? I don't know about most pieces, I am mostly looking at resale for the ones I have, CE diver and blue 15300, and they seem to be doing quite well, the price for the only unworn blue 15300 on Chrono24 is 2000 euros more than what I paid for my unworn, and the CE diver prices are way above what I paid.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 07:51 PM   #42
Bryan23N
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26400SO
Quote:
Just had an awful encounter with her today. Was passing the store so popped in to explain in person that I would not be taking the RG skeleton after she'd emailed me the day before. I told her I felt a bit manipulated given she said I'd have to pay full price because it was the only one they'd receive that year only to get later calls from other staff saying they had 4 arriving in December. It also bothered me - after being asked to place a deposit - to have them offer me a watch someone else had put a deposit on if I came in to purchase then and there.

She was very glib and unapologetic and after that asked if I wanted to try it on one more time. Then she stonewalled me on information about SIHH even though other saleswomen had shown me pictures.

I'm moving away from AP in general and this will hasten the transition. That and the awful resale lately.
That's disappointing to hear buddy. Just a bad apple in the basket. More positive things could not be said about AP boutique Singapore. The boutique staff here have been very helpful and polite regarding all my issues with my watch (bear in mind it wasn't purchased from them; I got it from an AD).

I'm still being treated as if I had purchased my watch from them, even offered champagne on my visits. Utmost kudos to the staff here in Singapore.

My only bad experience with AP service was an old lady down at the AP Service Centre, who couldn't be more rude the very first time I brought my F serial 42mm Offshore, with her remarking that it was a very old watch and telling me it might even be fake! And boy did she look very reluctant to even take it in as I requested an authentication and servicing. I guess there's always bound to be a few bad ones here and there. Don't give up on the brand.
Bryan23N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 11:09 PM   #43
AMCK87
Banned

Quote:

Never had a good experience with them. In 2013 I went in to get the bracelet sized on a Royal Oak Chrono I had just bought and was treated like a peasant because I didn't buy it from them and "must have bought it from an unauthorized source or stolen watch if it was less than retail" I had bought it from Wempe, gave them an earful. Piss poor service but polar opposite to the quality of the Beverly Hills boutique.
AMCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2017, 11:32 PM   #44
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Too bad you're not getting it, it's amazing and one of the things AP is the best at, still wondering if I should get the 15407ST or not, problem is if I do get it then I should move 1 piece,and at the time being I don't see one that I want to move, also not sure about the 41mm, sure at 7 inches my wrist can take it, but seems to me that proportions at 39mm are much nicer than 41.

Resale on AP is bad? I don't know about most pieces, I am mostly looking at resale for the ones I have, CE diver and blue 15300, and they seem to be doing quite well, the price for the only unworn blue 15300 on Chrono24 is 2000 euros more than what I paid for my unworn, and the CE diver prices are way above what I paid.
You got your CE diver below 20k? How?
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 12:13 AM   #45
benlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMehta87 View Post
Never had a good experience with them. In 2013 I went in to get the bracelet sized on a Royal Oak Chrono I had just bought and was treated like a peasant because I didn't buy it from them and "must have bought it from an unauthorized source or stolen watch if it was less than retail" I had bought it from Wempe, gave them an earful. Piss poor service but polar opposite to the quality of the Beverly Hills boutique.
Quote:

My goodness... AP management should really hear about this. Very unacceptable behaviour from AP boutique in New York.
Old 13 January 2017, 12:17 AM   #46
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
My goodness... AP management should really hear about this. Very unacceptable behaviour from AP boutique in New York.

AP read the forums.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 12:31 AM   #47
911Cab
Banned

Old 13 January 2017, 12:33 AM   #48
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post

Fwiw, all of my experiences with the NY boutique have been very positive.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 12:43 AM   #49
texex91
"TRF" Member

Back to thread topic...I did confirm from two AD's about ceramic bracelet of some sort as mentioned already and a 42mm ceramic. Good info from those who posted.

Interesting on 15202.

Was promised pics next week--hope they all stay sober enough to remember!
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 01:15 AM   #50
christianj
Banned

I've been in the AP Boutique a couple of times and had no issue with how Manuela or any staff member treated me. I know this is not an excuse but she is foreign and they do have a different way of dealing with customers. In the US we are kind of used to sales people crawling up our butts but in Europe you will get the "either buy it or don't...we don't really care" attitude....especially with luxury brands. I know because I am German/American and I understand this but I have had people often refer to service in Europe as cold and somewhat rude when in actuality that is just how they are.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 01:22 AM   #51
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I haven't looked into the divers - great watches, just no room in the collection or lifestyle - but I generally find Chrono24 to be a poor proxy for the actual market and useful only insofar as you can see long term trends by checking in every 6 months or so. Plus, when I say resale, I'm talking about selling a new watch after using it. Still, I'd assume if you do as I do and email one of those sellers saying that you have cash and want to purchase today, you'll find that 2,000 euro premium quickly gone.

As for the boutique, my problem isn't attitude, and I don't need to be fawned over and actually dislike salespeople following me around. Either Manuela out and out lied to me about supply to get me to purchase then and at full price, or made a representation she shouldn't have or that was very quickly proven untrue, in which case she should have been more understanding of a long-term AP owner who came by in person to respond to an email she had sent.

Also, maybe it's standard practice and I'm unaware, but the idea that deposits mean nothing at AP and can be undone on a watch that is supposedly rare and difficult to find, is a little galling. If it was just a high pressure/used car salesman's ploy, then that's beneath the brand, too.

At any rate, the market on the skeletons is softening already, and I expect in 6 months they'll be gettable at 60-65k instead of 78.
Old 13 January 2017, 01:26 AM   #52
911Cab
Banned

Quote:
I haven't looked into the divers - great watches, just no room in the collection or lifestyle - but I generally find Chrono24 to be a poor proxy for the actual market and useful only insofar as you can see long term trends by checking in every 6 months or so. Plus, when I say resale, I'm talking about selling a new watch after using it. Still, I'd assume if you do as I do and email one of those sellers saying that you have cash and want to purchase today, you'll find that 2,000 euro premium quickly gone.

As for the boutique, my problem isn't attitude, and I don't need to be fawned over and actually dislike salespeople following me around. Either Manuela out and out lied to me about supply to get me to purchase then and at full price, or made a representation she shouldn't have or that was very quickly proven untrue, in which case she should have been more understanding of a long-term AP owner who came by in person to respond to an email she had sent.

Also, maybe it's standard practice and I'm unaware, but the idea that deposits mean nothing at AP and can be undone on a watch that is supposedly rare and difficult to find, is a little galling. If it was just a high pressure/used car salesman's ploy, then that's beneath the brand, too.

At any rate, the market on the skeletons is softening already, and I expect in 6 months they'll be gettable at 60-65k instead of 78.

Old 13 January 2017, 01:27 AM   #53
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
I guess yellow gold is making his comeback

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 01:48 AM   #54
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I doubt that...but let's see.
Old 13 January 2017, 01:58 AM   #55
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
65 isn't very far from where it is now. If I can't get a quote there in 6 months I'll send you a bottle of scotch. If I can't, pass me a nice cigar when you make it up here.
Old 13 January 2017, 02:01 AM   #56
911Cab
Banned

Quote:

Paul, I know grey dealers that paid 72K and can't sell at 75K +. It's definitely has softened considerably from the 80+ dealers were asking as AP sent a bunch out recently.

Old 13 January 2017, 02:10 AM   #57
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
65 isn't very far from where it is now. If I can't get a quote there in 6 months I'll send you a bottle of scotch. If I can't, pass me a nice cigar when you make it up here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Cab View Post
Paul, I know grey dealers that paid 72K and can't sell at 75K +. It's definitely has softened considerably from the 80+ dealers were asking as AP sent a bunch out recently.

Ok you guys win. I'm too poor to bet cigars

60k would be a steal for that stunner IMHO.
Old 13 January 2017, 02:11 AM   #58
911Cab
Banned

Quote:
Ok you guys win. I'm too poor to bet cigars

Paul, you win with that Red Quartz. Love it my friend. Take it over the AP any day.

Old 13 January 2017, 04:19 AM   #59
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Back to thread topic...I did confirm from two AD's about ceramic bracelet of some sort as mentioned already and a 42mm ceramic. Good info from those who posted.

Interesting on 15202.

A 42 ceramic could make many dreams come true, fingers crossed for half this forum.

I'm interested to see the new RG 44 with grey dial, not surprised they release a new one a few months after I buy one, happened to me 3 years running now. If I had bought a GMTc as I had planned last year there would be no doubt a SS CokeC would be emerging this Mar.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 04:30 AM   #60
jem7v
Banned

Quote:

Interesting on 15202.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
A 42 ceramic could make many dreams come true, fingers crossed for half this forum.

I'm interested to see the new RG 44 with grey dial, not surprised they release a new one a few months after I buy one, happened to me 3 years running now. If I had bought a GMTc as I had planned last year there would be no doubt a SS CokeC would be emerging this Mar.
^If they come out with a 42mm ceramic on a rubber strap or croc strap I'd be pissed I just bought my 44mm lol. As much as I like the 44mm, I think 42mm would be better for me. The 44mm just fits my wrist while a 42mm would be perfect. Plus I like that it is thinner than the 44mm even if it's like .03mm.

I think the ROO line should become thinner by at least 1-2mm. Like for instance on the ceramic bezels on the side, it is polished but then there is about 1-2mm of a matte surface. They honestly could just do away with that and save 1-2mm right there.

Quote:

PM me. My AD can get the gold 15407 and give you 25% off. He got 3 last year. So far his allocation this year is for another 2-3. I almost debated getting the steel 15407 instead of my 44mm ceramic because I could get the steel one for 35k.

Anyone paying over sticker or close to it is out of their mind. This is not a limited watch.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote