The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 10 June 2017, 10:04 AM   #31
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Here's one pic from Deroya's sales thread without the guard.
(look at the triangle)

Vs

What I got from him

Kekela98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2017, 10:11 AM   #32
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
One thing I found out for sure on this forum is that "mint" or "perfect" condition is very subjective. I see a lot of beat up, scratched up watches here for sale advertised as "mint'. Then when I ask them why they are saying it is mint when I point out all of the defects they tell me that "it's mint for its age"....ohhhh is that what it is. Because a watch is twenty years old you are allowed to call it mint even though its all beat up. Seriously? This is why I only buy new. I don't want a watch that tells somebody else's story, I prefer to tell my own.
^^This is a great point, and sage advice!

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2017, 10:18 AM   #33
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
^^This is a great point, and sage advice!

I wholeheartedly agree after this transaction. Its just not worth saving a couple of hundred bucks when it just bring me frustration and disappointment.
Old 10 June 2017, 01:37 PM   #34
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekela98a View Post
Here's one pic from Deroya's sales thread without the guard.
(look at the triangle)

Vs

What I got from him

The scratches were definitely there on his sales thread. It looks blurred out
Old 11 June 2017, 04:49 PM   #35
Savvy
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I am totally on the Deroya side.
Same story happened to me. I purchased brand new Omega P.O. from AD. JUST a few minutes later I found a huge scratch on my bezel. I made it somehow.
I posted a few posts on Omega forum looking for advise.
I feel your pain and I was in the same boat like Kekela98a. I do not understand the point buying a used watch with 1000$/day salary. I would not buy a used watch being so PICKY. You 've spent a way more with all that stress and time you lost.

We can not confirm the scratch from the first Deroya picture. It is a blurry picture on a bezel side. Scratches on a bezel are hard to catch on a camera. I can confirm it. Probably the scratch was there before. Deroya just did not pay attention to it since the watch is USED.
On the other hand, you could do the scratch like I did. Instead of replacing a bezel and enjoying your watch you stressed everybody around you, blamed Deroya and finally spent a way more time and money. You just need to understand a simple point if you are so PICKY just buy a new watch and enjoy it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2017, 04:52 PM   #36
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
The scratches were definitely there on his sales thread. It looks blurred out
How much longer are you going to repeat this?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2017, 11:42 PM   #37
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

At the end of the day, if anyone still wants to buy from Deroya in the future then go ahead. I would only recommend buying from him if he's local to you and you can inspect the watch in person.

I'm just glad he's not doing this full time cause sales and aftercare are not his strong points.
Old 11 June 2017, 11:44 PM   #38
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
How much longer are you going to repeat this?
Sorry to be repetitive but it seemed like the existence of the scratches were in question
Old 12 June 2017, 12:06 AM   #39
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
I am totally on the Deroya side.
Same story happened to me. I purchased brand new Omega P.O. from AD. JUST a few minutes later I found a huge scratch on my bezel. I made it somehow.
I posted a few posts on Omega forum looking for advise.
I feel your pain and I was in the same boat like Kekela98a. I do not understand the point buying a used watch with 1000$/day salary. I would not buy a used watch being so PICKY. You 've spent a way more with all that stress and time you lost.

We can not confirm the scratch from the first Deroya picture. It is a blurry picture on a bezel side. Scratches on a bezel are hard to catch on a camera. I can confirm it. Probably the scratch was there before. Deroya just did not pay attention to it since the watch is USED.
On the other hand, you could do the scratch like I did. Instead of replacing a bezel and enjoying your watch you stressed everybody around you, blamed Deroya and finally spent a way more time and money. You just need to understand a simple point if you are so PICKY just buy a new watch and enjoy it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Point taken. I understand that I was buying a used watch but it was misrepresented in the sales thread. It was listed as pristine and there were no mention of the scratches on the triangle or the damaged link screws (this wasn't really a big issue).

It's like buying a precertified car that has a "clean" carfax but later you find out that it's rusting on three panels because of a collision (frontend, side, and rear) that was not documented on carfax. Then the dealer tells you that you are out of luck cause you bought a used car and refused to take responsibility for lying or even make it right....but then you take them to small claims court and win 4000 for repairs. It was an easy case.

I guess it's a personal issue. Honesty and responsibility are more important to me. If it was the other way around and I sold the listed watch without noticing the problem, I would have accepted the return or give 600 right at the beginning. Both would have been a clear option, not just one. I was never offer a return and it was something I asked right away when I first opened the box and saw the damaged bezel.

How many other sellers or buyers want this to happen to you? If that's the case who would ever buy anything here? If the sellers here are devoid of responsibility or can misrepresent the listing and later refusing a return or reimbursement because you bought a used watch, then how would the buyer feel?
Old 12 June 2017, 02:28 AM   #40
Tonyfsu21
Banned

That's a pretty crappy "Dr Salary".... I smell a fish. I don't Dr for less than $5000/day.
Tonyfsu21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 02:51 AM   #41
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
That's a pretty crappy "Dr Salary".... I smell a fish. I don't Dr for less than $5000/day.

Lol.

Maybe he's a "Dr" like Dr Dre or Dr Pepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 03:04 AM   #42
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heff View Post
Lol.

5000 a day. What are you? Oral surgeon? Most ER or urgent docs only make 100-150 per hour depending on experience.

If you're making 5000 a day before taxes that's crazy. So let's say you work 4 days a week. That's 20k a week or 80k a month or 960k a year before taxes. Do you own several offices? ....
Old 12 June 2017, 03:06 AM   #43
MonBK
Banned

My mechanics makes more then $100/Hour.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 03:12 AM   #44
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Probably less student loans too
Old 12 June 2017, 03:20 AM   #45
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Quote:
5000 a day. What are you? Oral surgeon? Most ER or urgent docs only make 100-150 per hour depending on experience.

If you're making 5000 a day before taxes that's crazy. So let's say you work 4 days a week. That's 20k a week or 80k a month or 960k a year before taxes. Do you own several offices? ....

We're just busting you up a bit.

It's not really tactful to discuss one's salary.

Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 03:28 AM   #46
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We're just busting you up a bit.

It's not really tactful to discuss one's salary.

I know it was a joke. Was being sarcastic.

Salary is a touchy issue. It's something we don't discuss at work. I didn't mean to issult Deroya about money. It was when he told me that he wasn't going to do anything after the other post was taken off, that I made a short comment to him that even without his help I could get this problem fixed since it's just a couple of hours of my work in frustration.
Old 12 June 2017, 03:32 AM   #47
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

I'll post up all the screen capture of the text msgs later on tomorrow night after I have the time to block out all personal info for both Deroya and I.
Old 12 June 2017, 12:50 PM   #48
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your mechanic makes $200,000 per year?

I doubt it.

You may pay him $100/hour. But he has to pay rent, buy equipment, use power, spend time on bookkeeping or pay someone to do it, etc, etc. I'd be surprised if he makes more than 100 grand.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 01:50 PM   #49
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

You make that much money but stress over a used/pre-owned $9000 watch? I don't make as much as you reported to say that you make, but my watch collection is pretty substantial. Something isn't up to nuff here. As they say, it's how to invest and save the money you make. If your making $200k a year and spending $250k a year on vacations, fancy dinners and luxury cars, your going to be in for a bad time.

Quote:
Lol.

LOL this thread reminds me of that guy in the Patek fourm that says he bought a 5711/r, then it didn't come in yet and so he bought a brand new DDII YG 41mm on the fly, and posts photos of a DDII on his wrist at the AD with the tags still on.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 02:13 PM   #50
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Thread seemed a bit off track.

Why shouldn't I be happy to find a "deal?" It's like paying $13 for a box of pampers instead of 25. Just because I have the funds doesn't mean I have to spend it for no reason.

For example why would I pay full price when I can get a pristine watch with warranty for 700 less without state tax? To me at the time sounded like a good idea.
Old 12 June 2017, 02:17 PM   #51
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
You make that much money but stress over a used/pre-owned $9000 watch? I don't make as much as you reported to say that you make, but my watch collection is pretty substantial. Something isn't up to nuff here. As they say, it's how to invest and save the money you make. If your making $200k a year and spending $250k a year on vacations, fancy dinners and luxury cars, your going to be in for a bad time.

LOL this thread reminds me of that guy in the Patek fourm that says he bought a 5711/r, then it didn't come in yet and so he bought a brand new DDII YG 41mm on the fly, and posts photos of a DDII on his wrist at the AD with the tags still on.
How does this thread remind you of the Patek example above? I didn't buy another watch and plan to return it to show off. I bought a "pristine" watch and got something that wasn't as advertised. I don't understand the analogy here.

This thread serves to warn people of what could happen to them if they buy from Deroya. Simple issue turns into drama and threats with the law etc.

But at the end of the day this is just MY negative experience with Deroya. A warning is just a warning.